.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Some things ive noticed
Old
  (#1)
Danke

Default Some things ive noticed - 19-04-2006

Hey

I think fritzbots is by far the most human or all the bots (bobots + omnibots).

However some things that I have noticed: Eg: Axis - Oasis - There are 4 spots where they camp and crouch and stay still, After playing the map for the first 2 hours on oasis I got to know exactly where they camp both axis and allies and it got way to easy. Is it possible to make it so its less obvious where they will be, like I walk into a room and know where to shoot because they are always there, and if its an allies camping in an axis camping spot its obvious that its a covert ops in disguise. Is it possible for the bots to camp in places above the old city like up on the ledges or camp in lesser known places where clan people and people on the internet camp, I have seen 1 bot in a 8 vs 8 camp in a higher spot but rarely. I am not saying this to put the creator down, Fritzbots are the best to play with, I am just trying to put a point across.

Another way to make it more human is to make the bot either enter the opponents base at times, spawn camp, maybe not spawn camping but run in and invade their spawn, like on oasis, axis stay at the old city, hmm ive noticed players on the net run into the allies base, also camp in the tunnels.

Another thing I hate is if I am camping in say oasis up top above the old city and proning, its impossible for them to see me but they start shooting like they know im there, it I show myself they get me. sometimes I get them but, Its very hard to camp because they see you no matter where you are, if my head pops up out of a little window and they are a fair bit away they start shooting when a human doesn't.

Also their aiming is also good, but they always hit you, on easy they get alot of body shots, I would be strafing like nutz but they get you even with a rifle, if its possible for a bot to miss every once in a while.

The last thing is, close up fights with another smg player is too easy, their aim is good, but sometimes its too easy because they stand still and burst like noobs, at least Ive never seen them strafe with a smg, only in warm ups they go crazy, its not like in a server a human is going to stand still with a smg. they strafe and I would like to see the bots doing a little of it. Ive noticed they do it with pistols and rifles, that jump strafe they do with pistols is annoying.

Now Im no scripting/programming genius, I don't know the first thing on how these things work and I don't even know if its possible to make the things listed above better, im just a noob trying to give you guys my point of view.

Re: Some things ive noticed
Old
  (#2)
Boosted

Default Re: Some things ive noticed - 19-04-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke
The last thing is, close up fights with another smg player is too easy, their aim is good, but sometimes its too easy because they stand still and burst like noobs, at least Ive never seen them strafe with a smg, only in warm ups they go crazy, its not like in a server a human is going to stand still with a smg. they strafe and I would like to see the bots doing a little of it.
they do.
set AI skill (not aim skill) to hard and they will strafe, crouch, prone in various combinations

Old
  (#3)
Infinite Death
56k Gamer

Best combination ive found so far is Bot AI on Hard and Aim on Easy, at least i have the most fun with that, but i do agree with the rest of what you said

Old
  (#4)
Danke

I do have it set to Hard - Easy, They strafe when they have pistols and rifles, but they rarely strafe with smg, maybe I don't notice Maybe they do. ehh.

Old
  (#5)
mootrix

hmmm yes... They dont stafe here aswell, and by the way, does somebody notice that you cant pickup the health and ammo packs there throwing ???

Old
  (#6)
varjo

I've also noticed some things while playing this.
-There's a bug in sw_kef_el: when you spam arty to allied spawn the whole allied team froze... I played 2on15 (skill: hard, aim:medium) with my friend and we were able to make fulldef like that :/
-Then in ice we saw some supermegamg-users. They always shot 3 headshot behind 2 trees and a wall. A little too much maybe?

Old
  (#7)
Boosted

well... the AI skill on hard is working fine for me... they move nonstop.
the freeze bug...well known happens on other maps as well (hopefully fixed soon).
the acc...also well known is in the works too.

Old
  (#8)
Danke

Yeh, notice how if you bind something like bind h vsay_team MTHealme "Heal me!" to say Heal Me ! or even thanks the bots don't respond. You always have to go through Hit v then 4 then 5 or w/e for thanks so they will reply, Your Welcome, or V - 8 - 2 - 2 for Heal Me! so the medic gives you health.

I think thats a negative thing, coz i have shortcut vsay everywhere and I can;t use them in fritz, i guess everyone has that problem too.

Old
  (#9)
Boosted

i have thank you , i need ammo , need a medic , and sorry on my F keys...
they give me med when i call , same for ammo, and say no problem for thank you..
dont know what u r doing wrong

Old
  (#10)
Valiant

The way bot camping works in Rtcw Fritzbot (and I presume, also in ET for the most part) is simple. A green node, designated for Actions is placed at any given location - said action is tagged to mark what kind of action it is (Dynamite objective, camping, camping aim directional marker, Objective steal, Spawn Flag grab, etc.)

This label is available for one, or both teams - this means it can be set to nothing for Axis, and something for Allied or something for both sides. There are other relevant variables to be set of course but the important thing to point out for our immediate purposes is that the Bots arbitrarily decide what they want to do based on the following conditions (more or less):

A) What actions are available to their class during the current Goal ID# specified by the Goal Tracker. (By matching the GroupNum# on the active actions)

B) Which of those actions are currently Active and Reachable via pathnodes.

The rest is pretty much up to the bot and fairly random. If he wants to camp over on the stairs, he will. If his behavior is set to roam and hunt, he'll blow off camping entirely and wander around for someone to shoot. So you can't really modify the Bots general camping behavior for specific locations in a specific map.

All you can do is designate more locations to be available as camps - and let that lend more variety to playtime when the bot decides where and if he wants to hang out. However, there is no way at current to make it randomized in any sort of fashion because you always have to designate specific places at which he may choose to wait.

As far as the strafing goes, I tend to keep my bots turned down because I'm not that great of a player. But when I loaded it up on default (Medium AiSkill, Medium AimSkill) they seemed to strafe-dodge when reloading in general, among other things. It may be a simple matter of fiddling to get the right balance of the two settings. Then again it just may need to be tweaked a little - but thats not my department. hehe.

EDIT:

CovertOps being too obvious by camping in the Axis locations could be fixed either by making Axis CovertOps with no enemy command center to destroy (or if the waypointer feels they shouldn't be going after it currently) not camp at all. Or Temporarily flag them able to read Allied Camp Actions and use them while in disguise. Though wandering around makes them just as easily spotted IMO, plus the second idea necessitates there actually being Allied Camps, and there's not alot of use for them on most single-objective maps where they're on offense.

Having the bots assault the enemy spawns is a simple matter of placing patrol actions over there during waypointing. Not difficult at all, the real question is - should you? That sort of thing is all or nothing, either they do it or don't. Its not optional on any level once done. Some players, such as myself may find that rather agitating to be spawncamped or ganked at the spawn occassionally. I would be all for it, if there was some way to toggle that behavior on and off. Since there really isn't, I wouldn't incorporate that into my waypoints because I'd personally find it unsettling.

The way is made clear when viewed from above.

Last edited by Valiant; 19-04-2006 at 20:59..