.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

Question on waypoints
Old
  (#1)
dabomb18359

Default Question on waypoints - 07-11-2005

I was wondering where to find waypoints for maps like aim_glock, aim_usp, aim_deagle, awp_map, scoutz_knivez, and other random aim maps and stuff like ice_world.

There is a link here and in the first post under 6A of the post, it has a link of something I'd like but the link is broken. Anywhere I could find it?

And with podbotmm how hard is it to make your own waypoints instead of downloading them?

Re: Question on waypoints
Old
  (#2)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: Question on waypoints - 08-11-2005

1) About the broken link
That's odd ??? , try this link: http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...ion=file&id=49
If even this doesn't work, just select "Filebase" from the blue menu bar (towards the top left of the screen), then "waypoints" and finally "PODBot mm" - this will bring up a list of all available files and packs.

2) About the maps you mentioned
The thing is, I hate those aim, fun and whatever maps. I prefer serious de, as and cs maps. That's why I have hardly waypointed any aim maps and stuff. However, I can't believe that there are no PODBot 2.5 waypoints for these maps, and for such simple maps, 2.5 waypoints should do. Wait a minute...
http://waypoints.ath.cx/nc/index.html
Try this site... select "waypoints PODBOT" from the menu, and then the topmost category... you should find many aim maps waypointed there.

PODBot 2.5 and PODBot mm waypoints are technically 100% compatible; there are just some non-critical issues. And PBmm has a far better waypoint editor, which is why you can be much more precise and whip up far better waypoints than with the old PB 2.5 editor. So if you can get your hands on a good quality PBmm waypoint, you can be sure that it will perform better than PB 2.5 waypoints for the same map. But if you can't, a 2.5 file should be ok on simple maps.

3) About making waypoints
Is it difficult? It depends... Technically, it's easy. It's very graphical, you don't need any programming skills. There are not too many waypoint types to remember, either. It's the details that can be hard to get right. Making really good waypoints takes time, diligence and nerve. And some experience, of course. But you can always look at existing files to get some inspiration or to see how a waypointer solved things. Wait a second...
http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=3099
Follow the filebase link in that thread. In the documentation, you should find a waypointing section. I wrote it, and I tried to cover all aspects from conveying a general idea what waypoints actually are to the actual layout of waypoints. Make sure you read the last chapter on avoiding common errors. It shows you how NOT to make things - however, once you understood why these errors are errors or why waypoint layout xy is bad, you also know how to do better. Be warned: Reading all that stuff will take a while, it's many pages long. But in the long run, it's worth it.

Phew, I hope this helps.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#3)
dabomb18359

Default Re: Question on waypoints - 09-11-2005

It's pretty lame. That site you gave me the links for some of the aim maps I tried don't work. You get a big picture of a bird and some Spanish text, which I presume to be an error message. But I have waypoints for most of my maps I think.

Old
  (#4)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Question on waypoints - 03-12-2005

Heyyo,

Although this post is a little late.. you should've checked on the main waypoint section for the thread I created for good links for waypoints.

http://www.foren.de/system/thread-po...2-1199648.html

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)