.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

bot vision
Old
  (#1)
person135

Default bot vision - 09-10-2006

When I look at bots through first person view, I see that the direction they look at(where they look at) is screwed up. This happens a lot when bots see an enemy, then the enemy goes out of his crosshair/leaves, then the bot starts looking at weird places, like at walls.

Also, even when they haven't encountered an enemy yet, like when they are "roaming around", they tend to not look in the right directions, as in where the enemies will most likely come from. What I find the most is that they look at walls!!!! DON'T LOOK AT WALLS!! Maybe you can fix this by having them only look at the paths and not the walls.

I know this might be hard to fix.

btw, i run podbot v3.0 metamod build 15

Re: bot vision
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: bot vision - 09-10-2006

I've added a lot of checks into code to prevent them looking at the wall, but it seems it's still insufficient...
They can hear the enemy throw the wall - that's the main reason they look there. Sometimes they also try to shoot throw the walls - if the wall lets so.

Old
  (#3)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: bot vision - 10-10-2006

Should be fixed (maybe not yet 100%) in V3 Build 15h. Please, get it from the filebase, test it and give me the feedback. Especially try to check if they try (at least sometimes) to shoot the enemy throw shootable walls/doors.

Old
  (#4)
person135

Default Re: bot vision - 10-10-2006

I'll try it when I have the time.

I haven't really seen them shoot through walls that much, but then again, I've only played with them on de_herrenberg a little so far.

Maybe you could reduce their hearing?

Also, here's an idea:
To make them not look at the walls, only make them look at waypoints. My bots tend to cling close to the wall and stare at it while ducking and walking. If they have to look at waypoints, then they can't look that closely at the wall because there won't be any waypoints on the wall.

Old
  (#5)
person135

Default Re: bot vision - 14-10-2006

good job, but they still sometimes look at the wall. Just not that much, like maybe stare at it for 1 second. So far, on de_dust 2, I haven't seen them shoot through shootable doors.

What bothers me is that even though they don't look at walls, they like to turn around crazy a lot. They often don't look ahead in the direction they are walking but instead jump and turn around and look all over the place while walking.(this isn't that serious)