.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Developer's Farm > General Bot Coding
General Bot Coding See what a pain it is to get those little mechs shooting around

Re: hacking monster_plugin
Old
  (#11)
BAStumm

Default Re: hacking monster_plugin - 10-11-2004

nm took a diff approach and have something working now

Old
  (#12)
ornery fiddle

Depressed Re: hacking monster_plugin - 27-07-2006

Hello
not sure if this is where I go, I`d like to get the monsters to be TEAM SPECIFIC

I had the "plugin_blatt_monsters3.5" in my listen server & could use "targetteam/1" or "targetteam/2" & they would only attack enemy team.Then I seen that "monster_plug_expension_1.2" and put that in.{I really like the monsters in that}
but I can`t do the specific team thing,is there a way to do it? have the newest
AdminMod
Metamod v1.17.3
monster v3.00.00
chickenmod-1.0.5.1
stripper2 v1.00.00
FoxBot v698
WinXP home with service pk2 Play TFC. If anyone could help me I`d appreciate it.
If I have to I will go back to the 3.5 as a last resort.
Thank you, Mack

Old
  (#13)
BAStumm

Default Re: hacking monster_plugin - 28-07-2006

see this:

http://forums.bots-united.com/showth...monster+plugin

Best I can do for ya, I've not worked on monster plugin in ages and probably wont be doing any future work either. You might do a little more searchin round too as someone could have ran with that project since I made that post back in 2004.

Old
  (#14)
ornery fiddle

Default Re: hacking monster_plugin - 28-07-2006

OK,
Thanks for the reply, I will see if I can hunt anything else up
I can always go back to the 3.5, but haven`t decided yet
THANKS AGAIN.
Mack

Old
  (#15)
VoivoD

Default Re: hacking monster_plugin - 27-11-2006

anyone know what is needed to compile monster plugin ?

ive tried vc++ 2005 + psdk and ive got this:
Code:
[small]

Creating command line "cl.exe @"c:\Documents and Settings\VoivoDian\Moje dokumenty\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\monster_plugin\dlls\Debug\RSP00000338241088.rsp" /nologo /errorReport:prompt"
Output Window 
 	 	Compiling...
agrunt.cpp
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\engine\eiface.h(383) : warning C4005: 'ARRAYSIZE' : macro redefinition
        c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winnt.h(950) : see previous definition of 'ARRAYSIZE'
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\effects.h(82) : error C3867: 'CMSprite::AnimateUntilDead': function call missing argument list; use '&CMSprite::AnimateUntilDead' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\effects.h(168) : error C3867: 'CMBaseEntity::SUB_Remove': function call missing argument list; use '&CMBaseEntity::SUB_Remove' to create a pointer to member
AI_BaseNPC_Schedule.cpp
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\engine\eiface.h(383) : warning C4005: 'ARRAYSIZE' : macro redefinition
        c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winnt.h(950) : see previous definition of 'ARRAYSIZE'
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\effects.h(82) : error C3867: 'CMSprite::AnimateUntilDead': function call missing argument list; use '&CMSprite::AnimateUntilDead' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\effects.h(168) : error C3867: 'CMBaseEntity::SUB_Remove': function call missing argument list; use '&CMBaseEntity::SUB_Remove' to create a pointer to member
animating.cpp
animation.cpp
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\animation.cpp(166) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated
        c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\string.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp'
        Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.'
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\animation.cpp(331) : error C2065: 'i' : undeclared identifier
apache.cpp
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(56) : error C3867: 'CMApache::StartupUse': function call missing argument list; use '&CMApache::StartupUse' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(60) : error C3867: 'CMApache::HuntThink': function call missing argument list; use '&CMApache::HuntThink' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(61) : error C3867: 'CMApache::FlyTouch': function call missing argument list; use '&CMApache::FlyTouch' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(125) : error C3867: 'CMApache::HuntThink': function call missing argument list; use '&CMApache::HuntThink' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(126) : error C3867: 'CMApache::FlyTouch': function call missing argument list; use '&CMApache::FlyTouch' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(139) : error C3867: 'CMApache::DyingThink': function call missing argument list; use '&CMApache::DyingThink' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(140) : error C3867: 'CMApache::CrashTouch': function call missing argument list; use '&CMApache::CrashTouch' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(349) : error C3867: 'CMBaseEntity::SUB_Remove': function call missing argument list; use '&CMBaseEntity::SUB_Remove' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(902) : error C3867: 'CMApacheHVR::IgniteThink': function call missing argument list; use '&CMApacheHVR::IgniteThink' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(903) : error C3867: 'CMGrenade::ExplodeTouch': function call missing argument list; use '&CMGrenade::ExplodeTouch' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(949) : error C3867: 'CMApacheHVR::AccelerateThink': function call missing argument list; use '&CMApacheHVR::AccelerateThink' to create a pointer to member
barney.cpp
bigmomma.cpp
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\bigmomma.cpp(1144) : error C3867: 'CMBMortar::Animate': function call missing argument list; use '&CMBMortar::Animate' to create a pointer to member
bullsquid.cpp
[/small]
ive tried mingw ~ like in tutorial to compile podbot and got this:
Code:
VoivoDian@VOIVOD /d/work/compile/mingw/proj/monster_plugin/monster_plugin/dlls
$ gcc -Dstricmp=strcasecmp -Dstrcmpi=strcasecmp -m386 -O2 -w -I. -I../engine -I
../common -I../pm_shared -I../../metamod -c AI_BaseNPC_Schedule.cpp -o AI_BaseN
PC_Schedule.o
In file included from weapons.h:18,
from cmbasemonster.h:322,
from AI_BaseNPC_Schedule.cpp:22:
effects.h: In member function `void CMSprite::AnimateAndDie(float)':
effects.h:82: error: invalid static_cast from type `<unknown type>' to type `void (CMBaseEntity::*)()'
effects.h: In member function `void CMBeam::LiveForTime(float)':
effects.h:168: error: invalid static_cast from type `<unknown type>' to type `void (CMBaseEntity::*)()'
AI_BaseNPC_Schedule.cpp: At global scope:
AI_BaseNPC_Schedule.cpp:1392: sorry, unimplemented: inter-module optimisations not implemented yet
AI_BaseNPC_Schedule.cpp:1393:2: mtune=i386: No such file or directory
`-m386' is deprecated. Use `-march=i386' or `-mtune=i386' instead.
anyone ?

Old
  (#16)
jeefo
путинхуйлоебаное

Default Re: hacking monster_plugin - 28-11-2006

for the VC 2005...:

On all errors such as:
Code:
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(949) : error C3867: 'CMApacheHVR::AccelerateThink': function call missing argument list; use '&CMApacheHVR::AccelerateThink' to create a pointer to member
change such lines from:
Code:
SetThink( AccelerateThink );
to
Code:
SetThink( CApache::AccelerateThink );
and so on...

but don't forget to change CApache to the class name this functions called from...

Old
  (#17)
VoivoD

Default Re: hacking monster_plugin - 28-11-2006

THX, i will try this, hope im not going to make bigger mess in the code :p do i should enable optimizations in vs++ 2005?

Old
  (#18)
VoivoD

Default Re: hacking monster_plugin - 29-11-2006

still got this
Code:
Compiling...
agrunt.cpp
AI_BaseNPC_Schedule.cpp
animation.cpp
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\animation.cpp(166) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated
        c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\string.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp'
        Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.'
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\animation.cpp(331) : error C2065: 'i' : undeclared identifier
apache.cpp
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(56) : error C3867: 'CMApache::StartupUse': function call missing argument list; use '&CMApache::StartupUse' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(60) : error C3867: 'CMApache::HuntThink': function call missing argument list; use '&CMApache::HuntThink' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(61) : error C3867: 'CMApache::FlyTouch': function call missing argument list; use '&CMApache::FlyTouch' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(125) : error C3867: 'CMApache::HuntThink': function call missing argument list; use '&CMApache::HuntThink' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(126) : error C3867: 'CMApache::FlyTouch': function call missing argument list; use '&CMApache::FlyTouch' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(139) : error C3867: 'CMApache::DyingThink': function call missing argument list; use '&CMApache::DyingThink' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(140) : error C3867: 'CMApache::CrashTouch': function call missing argument list; use '&CMApache::CrashTouch' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(349) : error C3867: 'CMBaseEntity::SUB_Remove': function call missing argument list; use '&CMBaseEntity::SUB_Remove' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(902) : error C3867: 'CMApacheHVR::IgniteThink': function call missing argument list; use '&CMApacheHVR::IgniteThink' to create a pointer to member
c:\documents and settings\voivodian\moje dokumenty\visual studio 2005\projects\monster_plugin\dlls\apache.cpp(903) : error C3867: 'CMGrenade::ExplodeTouch': function call missing argument list; use '&CMGrenade::ExplodeTouch' to create a pointer to member

Old
  (#19)
jeefo
путинхуйлоебаное

Default Re: hacking monster_plugin - 30-11-2006

first goto extdll.h

and after ifndef/defined, add code
Code:
#pragma warning (disable : 4996)
for this:
Code:
apache.cpp
do something like that:
Code:
for (int i = 0; i < gpGlobals->maxClients; i++)

change to:

int i = 0;
for (; i < gpGlobals->maxClients; i++)
for other errors like:
Code:
change for all errors:
Code:
from
Function
to
Class::Function

f.e.
DyingThink
to
CApache::DyingThink
etc

Old
  (#20)
person135

Default Re: hacking monster_plugin - 30-11-2006

can you give me the finished version of the plugin when you guys are done?