.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

Re: PodBot MM doesn't work
Old
  (#11)
kiddo

Default Re: PodBot MM doesn't work - 16-05-2010

I tried to make an autoexec.cfg in my client counter strike/cstrike like u said here
Quote:
Yeah - it must be a text file. The mine just look so:

Code:
console "1"
exec graphic.cfg
exec blood.cfg

setinfo "_amx_pw" "my_amx_password"

setinfo "_pbadminpw" "my_pb_mm_password"
bind "=" "pb menu"

setinfo "_yapb_pw" "my_yapb_password"

exec buy.cfg
These bolded lines are related to podbot mm. As You can see from autoexec.cfg You can call other *.cfg files (if needed).
Make sure Your autoexec.cfg file isn't autoexec.cfg.txt (windows by default hides extensions for most known files types - You can unhide them in Windows Explorer's settings - Tools -> Folder Options -> View).
Didn't work...i tried also setinfo _pbadminpw my_password and didn't worked..but never mind..i want just to add and kick bots.
Now to add i know how (rcon pb add)..but what command i must use to kick them?Because when sv is full they don't Disconnect when a player log in..
So...what i'm asking you (with pretty please of course) is...:tell me how to kick bots,how to make them disconnect when a new player came in(and log on when 1 plauyer disconnect),and the last thing...i need many waypoints for podbot.I downloaded from a topic from here(as far as i can remember) a file named "3765_Waypoints_Pack_[clansite.ten.lt].7z" ,but i don't know with what to open it...and don't know if it's for pod bot mm

Old
  (#12)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddo View Post
I tried to make an autoexec.cfg in my client counter strike/cstrike like u said here
Didn't work...i tried also setinfo _pbadminpw my_password and didn't worked..but never mind..i want just to add and kick bots.
That setinfo has to b related to the settings You have in podbot.cfg on the server.
Make sure in podbot.cfg there is these lines like:
pb_passwordkey "_pbadminpw"
pb_password "my_password"

Bots are automatically added and kicked if pb_maxbots is grater than 0 and pb_bots_quota_match is 0.
I.e. - with these settings:
pb_minbots 0
pb_maxbots 16
pb_bots_quota_match 0
any player joins, the bot should be automatically kicked. If You have pb_maxbots = mp_maxplayers (and You have added bots to have them + humans = pb_maxbots - of course there is no free slot to let the player join). So You shouldn't put so many bots there (at least 1 slot You should've leave free).
To kick a bot use this command:
pb kick #bot_id
bot_id is the number You can see after using the "status" command - it's just user_id.
You can also use the pb remove command with the bot's name argument.
If Your bot is called [P*D]James Bond (100), You can remove it this way:
pb remove "[P*D]James Bond (100)"
(use quotes for any name which consists a space in it).
If You are using remote access - You have to add rcon prefix as well.
rcon pb remove "[P*D]James Bond (100)"

Quote:
I downloaded from a topic from here(as far as i can remember) a file named "3765_Waypoints_Pack_[clansite.ten.lt].7z" ,but i don't know with what to open it...and don't know if it's for pod bot mm
The program to open and unzip this file is 7-zip. I don't know if it's for podbot mm or for yapb or for other bots (You didn't provide the link to the file - where did You download it from).

Old
  (#13)
kiddo

Look,i found the link http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=7091
BTW:
Quote:
Podbot mm command list:
All commands must be preceded with "pb"
For example: "pb add"

"add" "debuggoal" "experience"
"fillserver" "help" "killbots"
"menu" "remove" "removebots"
"weaponmode" "wp" "wpmenu"
Type "pb help <command>" for more info
This is all i have...I'm very sure i typed my pbmenu password in podbot.cfg..i write it in console and nothing..this is #1.
#2.I can't kick bots eather with pb kick or pb remove...and when i use amx_kick botname a new bot cames in ..(when i kick them i want them to stay out,not to relog).. so pb menu don't work("rcon pb menu..."menu" isn't a pb command,tyoe pb help for help),kick bots not eaven close..and in pb help those commands doesn't appear...is something wrong with the podbot?

Last edited by kiddo; 16-05-2010 at 18:33..

Old
  (#14)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: PodBot MM doesn't work - 17-05-2010

After changing the password in podbot.cfg (to have Your-own unique one) - did You restart the server (I mean - stop HLDS, then start it again - changelevel isn't sufficient)?
After that is done - connect from Your client's PC and - when You are already on Your server - type in clients console:
setinfo "_pbadminpw" "your_password"
(your_password is the string You have to put exactly the same what You have as pb_password in podbot.cfg). If that works that means You have some troubles to get working autoexec.cfg.
BTW - after installing my All-In-One - what about the access to amxmodmenu? The way You are getting the access to amxmodmenu is done exactly the same like for "pb menu".

Old
  (#15)
kiddo

Default Re: PodBot MM doesn't work - 20-05-2010

Pb menu work now so i don't need the "kick" or "remove" command to kick them.I want to thank you for the help u gave me .If i will need more help i will ask here or make a new topic...maybe u can tell me where i can get ptb waypoints for more map.Ty again!

Old
  (#16)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: PodBot MM doesn't work - 20-05-2010

What was the problem with pb menu? Please write it here, so other users may also get helped in the future.
About waypoints - have You been looking here?

Old
  (#17)
kiddo

Default Re: PodBot MM doesn't work - 23-05-2010

Sure,i will (try to) explain.
Sometimes when i was editing the cfg files from PodBot Folder they didn't remained that way...If you want the truth i do not really know why it worked now,but it worked.Let me explain a little:when i edit for example podbot.cfg (when it didn't worked.and when i didn't had the "all in one" ) the things i was writing in it saved(sorry my bad english,hope u understand) but not 100%...What 100% means?Well in the cfg file remained like i left them(pb maxbots 16,before it was pb maxbots 12) but when i tried for example to add bots ,i couldn't add more then 12.Or other example..i remember once i deleted all podbot folder and puted another one found on google,after i puted it in my hlds there were the same settings like before(eaven if i deleted it!).So as u see this time i was just lucky and when i wrote the pb menu password in podbot.cfg it remained that way..Anyway the podbot doesn't work 100%:it doesn't work the manual command pb kick or pb remove(rcon or not),but it doesn't matter because i use pod bot menu.

And thank you for the waypoints .I know i'm annoying but can u tell me what of the next options can make the bots play more "natural",because they are turning like they have aim:# pb_aim_type 1-4 (default 4)
Quote:
# 1 = inhuman turns
# 2 = constant angle velocity
# 3 = botaim1
# 4 = botaim2
pb_aim_type 4 - i have the #4 one

Old
  (#18)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
And thank you for the waypoints .I know i'm annoying but can u tell me what of the next options can make the bots play more "natural",because they are turning like they have aim:# pb_aim_type 1-4 (default 4)
If You are using podbot mm from All-In-One, the it means You are using V3B20b (old build). Download the latest beta - with podbot.cfg (there are some new settings and new comments for them). Stop the server - unzip dll/so and *.cfg (depanding if You have windows/linux) to the addons/podbot folder. Don't forget again to edit the new podbot.cfg (You have to use the new one) to write there Your password. Once You have it done, You can start the server again.

Old
  (#19)
kiddo

i add the podbot_mm_amd64.so in metamod and delete the podbot_mm_i386.so one?

Old
  (#20)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: PodBot MM doesn't work - 24-05-2010

No. If You were using i386.so (on linux 32bit steam), You have to use also newest i386.so (from here). And don't touch metamod plugins.ini (it should be still the same like before).