.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Bot coders needed!
Old
  (#1)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Bot coders needed! - 05-08-2004

Well I'm sorry but I've got to slow down my work with pb2.6mm because of *cough*bad*cough*grades*cough* 9_9 ...
I ask that people who want to code for this bot please come forward and submit stuff to the CVS! You can be very helpful.
I'll still work on it when I have time..
for people who don't know where the cvs for pb2.6mm is...
http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=1844

Re: Bot coders needed!
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Bot coders needed! - 22-03-2006

Because no one answered during about 1.5 year and seems I'm unpatient seeing how slowly the curent work on pb mm goes, I 've decide about 2 months ago to learn a bit C++ stuff and help splorygon with coding my-self.
It's not because I've got mad at splorygon - no - I know his situation and I know he is busy, so I would rather help him than blame him.
After about 2 months and a half of messing around pb mm code I found few things I fixed/improved/changed. I've added few new features (as weapon restriction compliant with AMX/AMXX for example) and I'm almost about to releasing some beta - to let people check if there are still some mistakes I could include while working on code, but... For some unknown reason I don't have the permission from splorygon to publicity it here, probably because of - the forum is called as "splorygon's pb continuation" - so it may need first his acceptation (and which is normally correct way)...

To prevent the people may start to think the bot is already dead or the forum is dead - I'm saying - no - the bot is not dead and still is under big work. You just need to ask splorygon - still main pb mm coder - to let release the beta for those they want to test things they are asking for long time (as better team detection, better aiming, weapon restriction ect).

Old
  (#3)
[NvT]_KaszpiR_

Default Re: Bot coders needed! - 22-03-2006

if he cannot work over the code i don;t see the reason why he blocks the work of others
if the sources and binaries are released i guess it's okay to set them as public

besides as far as i rember podbot was AWLAYS beta

Old
  (#4)
woot woot

Default Re: Bot coders needed! - 26-03-2006

I agree. You seem to be the one person here working his butt off to keep this bot alive. And seeing as splyorgon hasn't been online in a long time, I don't see why you can't release a beta that helps the bot progress further and let others like myself test it.

Can't wait till you can release it.

Old
  (#5)
s0a

Default Re: Bot coders needed! - 29-03-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo
Because no one answered during about 1.5 year and seems I'm unpatient seeing how slowly the curent work on pb mm goes, I 've decide about 2 months ago to learn a bit C++ stuff and help splorygon with coding my-self.
It's not because I've got mad at splorygon - no - I know his situation and I know he is busy, so I would rather help him than blame him.
After about 2 months and a half of messing around pb mm code I found few things I fixed/improved/changed. I've added few new features (as weapon restriction compliant with AMX/AMXX for example) and I'm almost about to releasing some beta - to let people check if there are still some mistakes I could include while working on code, but... For some unknown reason I don't have the permission from splorygon to publicity it here, probably because of - the forum is called as "splorygon's pb continuation" - so it may need first his acceptation (and which is normally correct way)...

To prevent the people may start to think the bot is already dead or the forum is dead - I'm saying - no - the bot is not dead and still is under big work. You just need to ask splorygon - still main pb mm coder - to let release the beta for those they want to test things they are asking for long time (as better team detection, better aiming, weapon restriction ect).
I would gladly code if someone was to teach me the basics of C++ >.> many people say that the language itself is not hard to learn, I have a book as well on C++ but I can't make heads or tails from the book...funny thing is I can teach myself DOS/macros batch files and things like SCAR, VISbasic, but it dont click when I try to learn C++ damn the college education went to waste :L

Old
  (#6)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Bot coders needed! - 29-03-2006

Bot coding it' snot only C++ knowledge but whole HL - how it workas and how its function are working. That knowledge You can't get from any book. I was learning that stuff more about 1 year and a half - when I was writting scripts for AMX. And still a lot of HL functions are for me a mystery. Thanks God I have good friends in CS community they explain me stuff.

Old
  (#7)
txc

Default Re: Bot coders needed! - 31-03-2006

well i for one am dying to see the beta (as long as it doesn't breakanything that worked in previous versions). i would love the betterteam recognition. i would also love the ability to prevent the botsfrom using the radio, but i guess that's probably not happening basedon what i've read elsewhere.

Old
  (#8)
s0a

I think personally that its cool that they use the radio like they do, I just wish there was a way to fix both parties hearing it (both T and CT), otherwise the current version is cool...

Old
  (#9)
septopus

Hey quick bot development question (quick, but lame)...what are you guys using to compile your podbot_mm source?

I'm not having any trouble understanding or editing the podbot source per se. I've even gotten my *very small changes* to compile properly. The game, when started, delivers desktop-without-diagnostic. Proper scientific procedure calls for a control in the experiment. So I compiled, without error, the un-modified source. started the game --- back to desktop. I'm thinking that Visual Studio 8 is not the right compiler to be using, so I'm asking you, "what do you use to compile your podbot_mm source?"

"This is my universe. I created it. I am god here." -The Lawnmower Man

Old
  (#10)
[NvT]_KaszpiR_

i bet you have not used search function