meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Ideas
Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

Some upgrades for pod-bot?
Old
  (#1)
The_Thing

Default Some upgrades for pod-bot? - 17-07-2008

I have question/suggestion about pod-bots. So I played some maps with them and I think need some upgrades them, You see that when You and one of them ar shooting each other then You duck and shoot and they are running and shooting I think that's are unreal and sometimes when I shoot at one of them he is circle around and that's I hate most because I can't hit them when they do that. :/ And one thing with knife. When I meet someone then I take knife to stab him then he take knife out but not to stab me but he run away with knife then I go after him and he fool me and take out gun and shot me. That I don't like.
So can You change that they don't camp at round start it special on assault/italy maps when I am on CT team then I go through side door and I see that 10 of 15 Terrorist are in base and stand there I can't even shot one of them when I am dead. Maybe create that they all go through all place's to kill CT's and maybe 3 or 4 of them guard hostages. It is possible that those bots can create more smarter something like reall players ?
For now I don't know what to suggest.

Re: Some upgrades for pod-bot?
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Some upgrades for pod-bot? - 17-07-2008

They have to fool You otherwise I'm getting a lot of complaints this bot is too easy (because too much predictable). I have seen the people were also running left/right to make them as more hard to hit (but yes - they didn't do cicrles). If You know they are camping somewhere - fool them too - use flashbangs. They are getting affected by flashbangs - didn't You know that?

Old
  (#3)
The_Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
They have to fool You otherwise I'm getting a lot of complaints this bot is too easy (because too much predictable). I have seen the people were also running left/right to make them as more hard to hit (but yes - they didn't do cicrles). If You know they are camping somewhere - fool them too - use flashbangs. They are getting affected by flashbangs - didn't You know that?
Yes, I know that I can flash them But when they are flashed after two seconds they are shooting like before flash it's not fairly because flash slowly disappear but after two seconds they see all normal. But if normal player are flashed it takes him at least 5 seconds to calm down and see whats are going on. But for bots it's only 2 seconds before they attack again.
And about that "easy kill" maybe add that only on certain bots not for all, and can You create some bots more reall just like it was a real player on server. Example (Bot A spawned as CT on assault map he go up on that building what near to that car and camp with awp or something then he waits for a few terrorists when come out try to kill them he throw a smoke on him self to hide it. Next he goes to back door, he heard some enemys behind a doors he shoot some bullets then throw a hegrenade then reaload and go in throw flash, flashes some enemys kill someone then he run to hide and next rescue hostages.) That will be real.

And one more.

How about in de_dust2 One bot spawned as T. He bought a some weapons etc + some nades. And he will camp in T base opposite on B (but still he is on T base.) And he sees that from B place are coming 2 CT's then he throw a flash they are flashed he try to kill them, he kill only one he throw a hegrenade misted then he draw out pistol and kill him... (and it's like a real player.)

I have a noticed that on every team on round start 2 bots are stuck in each other for a few seconds can this be fixed?

And how about in first post with some suggestions? please ?

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

I cannot write any map related logic. It has to be universal. That's not true they are blinded 2 seconds only. They are starting to shoot (mad shot at last Your position they 've seen You before blinding, but it's not true they can see You right after. Be more smart and use more flashbangs to blind them more.

Old
  (#5)
The_Thing

Okay then it's not a big deal with a flash...

Then maybe create more real bots like I said in second post and some upgrades.
Can You ?

Old
  (#6)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: Some upgrades for pod-bot? - 19-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Thing View Post
Yes, I know that I can flash them But when they are flashed after two seconds they are shooting like before flash it's not fairly because flash slowly disappear but after two seconds they see all normal. But if normal player are flashed it takes him at least 5 seconds to calm down and see whats are going on. But for bots it's only 2 seconds before they attack again.

I have a noticed that on every team on round start 2 bots are stuck in each other for a few seconds can this be fixed?
Like KWo said, flash time should be the same period of time for bots as it is for humans. I always wait till the flashed bot fired all remaining bullets from his gun, then I pop up in front of the bot to find myself an easy kill cause the bot will mostly be reloading then.

The unstuck code is approved succesfull some versions before.
2 seconds is almost nothing compared to the 30+ seconds before

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#7)
The_Thing

Default Re: Some upgrades for pod-bot? - 24-07-2008

Quote:
Okay then it's not a big deal with a flash...

Then maybe create more real bots like I said in second post and some upgrades.
Can You ?
So is it so hard to add some another suggestions what I suggested?

Old
  (#8)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Maybe.
I'm not a bot coder but I know it is not easy. Certainly not easy to convert an idea/improvement into bot-code.
The idea is the easy step, getting it into a playable/fittable/unbuggable podbot_mm.dll file is the hard step.
Also most of the ideas has been asked before and some even added.
Remember, a bot can never obtain the gameplay a human has.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#9)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Well, making a bot more human-like isn't really an idea, more like an unfillable desire.
Implementing an idea and making podbbot mm stable afterwords has to be hard. It is for making a Portal System.

Humans actually do things at random.
They choose a sequence of things at random.
Wiether they randomly choose to camp and wait for the person / bot to reappear or they run away to hide at an advantage camping spot. Even engaging is randomly picked, but how they engage is up to the person wiether to fly over boxes and jump down and slaughter the enemy or even to engage and do it silently.

Everything is random, but making the bot know what the sequences are especially in changable maps has to be difficult. They have to randomly choose the apporpriate sequence and be able to navigate around the map correctly. To me the mere thought is confusing and difficult sounding.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#10)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Some upgrades for pod-bot? - 25-07-2008

Quote:
So is it so hard to add some another suggestions what I suggested?
Yes. Especially when I don't have time to work on it. Actually I'm working on ChickenMod Orange Edition.