.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Re: Bot Movement ?
Old
  (#21)
Bubbacs

Default Re: Bot Movement ? - 02-02-2007

Ok, and I'll agree with you.
But the server provider sets it up for better registry and such.
And if this is not needed then why would they do that?
I fully understand the fps for US humans is maxed out anyway at 100 in game.
But the fps effects the bots?

I really hate to degrade the server performance and have guys not like the registry and fps. it does give the game a smoother performance and flow.

Guess I am being picky!

But I do wish to thank you for all your help.

Bubba.

Old
  (#22)
Ree

Default Re: Bot Movement ? - 03-02-2007

Hello all,

I haven't had the time to play with the bots for maybe half a year or even more. Back then I was very satisfied with the bots. Not so long ago I bought a new machine and decided to check the current version of pb. I thought if they didn't improve it during that time, then at least it will be as good as it has been. I was utterly disappointed...

First of all, I downloaded the version from here. In the cfg I set bot skill to [80; 99]. I even lowered/increased a few values which are supposed to improve the behaviour of the bots. Inhuman turns is on which is supposed to make them even more deadly.

I tried dust and dust2. Here are the problems I noticed:
  • Bots run slowly. Noticeably slowly. This means CTs have pretty much no chance to defuse if they aren't a few meters from the planted C4 and the bots are easy targets.
  • They often get stuck after running into each other.
  • They often do not pay attention when they are attacked (even when they see the attacker).
  • Some completely stupid he throws. I've seen a bot throwing a he at the wall. No one was around.
  • Ts often do not plant the C4. They take it out and sit at the planting zone without doing anything.
These are my observations. I'm just wondering what happened. It's as if I was playing with dumb morons. I pretty much only died in the case of instant headshots, otherwise the bots were nothing. I always thought you guys had done a decent job, but honestly the version I tried is unusable.

And it's not my PC since it's up to date (Athlon 3800+, 2x1 GB Corsair DDR2, X1900XT running XP Pro SP2).

I really hope I tried the wrong version.

Old
  (#23)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

I thought http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...on=file&id=222 (Bv16f) was the one that KWo was updating.

The link you gave I guess is more up-to-date.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#24)
Ree

Erm... I guess the newest version is here, no? I have noticed the dll I'm using and the one in the link are 5 days apart. Although I doubt all these problems are fixed in such a short timespan, I'll give it a go.

Old
  (#25)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Thats the latest beta version for windows. (.dll)
Usually the podbot.cfg isn't changed, but the .dll and .so's are changing conastantly.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#26)
Ree

Default Re: Bot Movement ? - 04-02-2007

OK, I have some interesting results. I tried an identical podbot mm installation on another PC - an ancient PIII 450 MHz, 320 MB SDRAM and a Voodoo3 2000 PCI running Win XP Pro SP2. The bots on this machine move fine and they kick some serious butt! My question is why the bots are slow on my AMD machine and do fine on the old one? Does it have to do something with my current machine having an AMD CPU?

Any info regarding the same would be greatly appreciated.

Old
  (#27)
dballs442

Default Re: Bot Movement ? - 11-03-2007

Hello,
im running podbot_full_V3_B18 and i am having the same problem. the bots move in slow motion. about 3/4 full speed. when the T's try to plant they start to plant then stop. seems like they are programmed to hold the 'use' button down for x amount of seconds (i believe its 3 secs to plant) but since they are running in slow mo they stop holding the 'use' button b4 the c4 is planted. i am only running 4 bots at a time to get ppl in the server. bots leave as ppl come in. plz help with this annoying problem. maybe my server specs can help the diagnosis.

server specs:
nuclearfallout 250 fps accelerated server (ip is 72.5.102.38:27015)
location = Denver

sv_clienttrace 3.5
decalfrequency 60
mp_decals 100
mp_falldamage 1
pausable 0
sv_aim 0
sv_cheats 0
sv_maxspeed 500
sv_maxrate 25000
sv_minrate 2000
sv_timeout 120
sv_netsize 0
sv_maxunlag 0.2
sv_gravity 800
sv_airaccelerate 5
edgefriction 2
mp_fragsleft 0
mp_consistency 1
sv_allowupload 1
sv_allowdownload 1
//sv_visiblemaxplayers 18
//sv_challengetime 45
sv_minupdaterate 10
sv_maxupdaterate 100
sv_maxrate 25000
sv_minrate 3000
sys_ticrate 1000
max_queries_sec_global 150
max_queries_sec 3

my comp:
amd 3500+ 64bit (oc to 2.42 gig), 2x 1 gig corsair xms pc3200 (400 mhz), saphire ati radeon x850 xt PE, asus av8-e deluxe, XP pro sp2.

Old
  (#28)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

I think Your sys_tickrate is the problem. Why do You need it so high? What is the fps on Your server? If You are running any booster program (to increase fps), don't go with fps over 150 (otherwise the bots go in slow motion).

Old
  (#29)
dballs442

sys_ticrate came like that by default. ive tried to set the sys_ticrate to 100, 250, 50 etc. and no difference. the fps is boosted to 250. i was reading earlier in this forum that ppl were having problems after 250 fps. you siad eilyer in another post regarding the same problem: "I think You cannot get working bots with booster above 250 fps". (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=5636). is there a command i can use to lower my fps in my server to test the theory? as well is there any hope for bots to someday run on boosted servers, as boosted servers are becoming more and more popular? i mean NFO has 1000 fps servers now, and they run NICE!

Old
  (#30)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Bot Movement ? - 12-03-2007

fps 250 it 's somewhere about phisical limits the function pfnRunPlayerMove can pass the parameter saying how long time the bot should move on the server during the frame (msec value) - it's about 4 msec. But I was playing on servers they had fps_max 150 and everything was smoothly and no lags. There is no reason to have it higher - it doesn't work appareantly better, but it may make some troubles like this one with slow motion. Please try first with fps_max 150 (setup for it Your booster) and then compare with 250.