.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > Grave Bot
Grave Bot Artificially deadly intelligence for S&I by Ghoul Science & IndustryHLDM

Problem with Gravebot DLLs
Old
  (#1)
Pottseh

Default Problem with Gravebot DLLs - 03-01-2005

Hey Caleb. Great work on the Grave Bot, it's nice that Science & Industry finally has a working bot. However, it seems to have caused me a problem with every other mod I've got for Half-Life. o_O

For some reason, now, every HL mod tries to load the Grave Bot dlls regardless of whether it's specified in the liblist.gam file or not. This causes two errors in the console when trying to create a game: (where F:\ is my hard drive and username is my Steam account name, and mod is the name of the mod I'm trying to use. This occurs in ALL my mods.)

1) LoadLibrary failed on F:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steamapps\username\half-life\mod\dlls\grave_bot.dll

2) Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from... and that same path. :/

Of course, putting the Grave Bot DLL in there fixes the error messages, but HL crashes trying to start a game. I tried deleting the Settings.scr file, which lets the games start to load, but it just hangs after saying "Starting local game server". Any ideas on how to fix? Thanks if you can help.

Re: Problem with Gravebot DLLs
Old
  (#2)
BuMHeD

Default Re: Problem with Gravebot DLLs - 03-01-2005

Just a tip... but if it's forcing your mods to load the grave_bot.dll instead of the mod.dll... try renaming the mod.dll files to "grave_bot.dll" so that when each mod loads the "grave_bot.dll" they are still loading the appropriate mod.dll information. I'm just a novice at this, so this was what seemed like an obvious fix to me... so my apologies if I sound stupid .

Good luck,

*~BuM~*

Old
  (#3)
hiyahin

Default Re: Problem with Gravebot DLLs - 03-01-2005

When you changed liblist.gam, did you change all your mod's liblist.gam's? You were only meant to change the S&I liblist.gam and/or HLDM's liblist.gam, depending on which game you wanted Grave Bot to be in.
To solve this problem: (I'll use TFC as an example)
Go to your TFC folder and use Notepad to change the liblist.gam and change "gravebot.dll" back to "tfc.dll"

BuM's way is not reccomended, although it may work. The problem with his method is that if any codes try to point to "tfc.dll", it wouldn't be able to find it, since you changed your "tfc.dll" to "gravebot.dll"

Old
  (#4)
Pottseh

Default Re: Problem with Gravebot DLLs - 04-01-2005

I'm not that much of a noob I've got bots installed for most of my mods, so the liblist.gam files are all point to their respective dlls. Everything is right. HLDM was left unchanged, I only modified S&I. Buuut, even after changing my mods' liblists back to default, so no bot DLLs are meant to be used, it still tries to use Grave Bot.

And I already tried BuMHeD's method before, which doesn't work either.

I've even tried removing the Grave Bot DLLs and it still screws up. Running out of ideas here short of a complete reinstall of HL. :/

Last edited by Pottseh; 04-01-2005 at 07:39..

Old
  (#5)
hiyahin

Default Re: Problem with Gravebot DLLs - 04-01-2005

Oh sorry. Newbies come in and out and you can't really identify them in a forum (unless they try to type in l33t sp34k and think that they're really cool)

Anyway, that seems very odd. Not me, BuM or Ghoul seems to have that problem. I think the only way past this is to reinstall HL. I play with the WON version and I think BuM plays with the Steam version and there seems to be no problem for either of us (except the one talked about in the "Waypointing" thread)

Old
  (#6)
Ghoul

Default Re: Problem with Gravebot DLLs - 05-01-2005

Did you change the properties of a game with Steam (adding -dll dlls/grave_bot.dll)? If so, try removing that and going through the liblist method.

I'm not sure why it would be doing this, I've never experienced this kind of behavior.

Old
  (#7)
Pottseh

Default Re: Problem with Gravebot DLLs - 05-01-2005

Ooh, now I feel like a noob. Ghoul got it right. What I'd done, was change the HL launch options with the -dll thing because S&I didn't have launch options - this was before I read that you had to do the liblist thing with third-party games regardless of whether they were running on Steam or WON. So even though I took out the liblist thing, HL was still trying to use it.

Ok, it's fixed now. Thanks guys. But even so, this should be noted so that people who use the -dll method for HLDM might end up with all their other mods trying to use Grave Bot.

Thanks again.

Old
  (#8)
Ghoul

Default Re: Problem with Gravebot DLLs - 07-01-2005

Yeah I just tested this, I didn't know it did that. I'll have to change the readme.