.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > Grave Bot
Grave Bot Artificially deadly intelligence for S&I by Ghoul Science & IndustryHLDM

Re: Waypointing
Old
  (#41)
Ghoul

Default Re: Waypointing - 01-01-2005

There are datacore and boot camp waypoints. Sorry for not including more, but development of the bot takes priority over making waypoint files (which is a long tedious job).

Old
  (#42)
BuMHeD

Default Re: Waypointing - 02-01-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoul
There are datacore and boot camp waypoints. Sorry for not including more, but development of the bot takes priority over making waypoint files (which is a long tedious job).
No one has the right to be disappointed about insufficient waypoints... they're not that hard to make (although tedious), and they are up to the user IMO. Thanks for what you've done so far Ghoul, and definitely let me know when you're ready to release your Metamod-compatible HLDM version of Grave Bot... *can't wait*

*~BuM~*

Old
  (#43)
Rifleman
This user broke our rules and has been BANNED

Default Re: Waypointing - 02-01-2005

yeah , I know , like my old bot , which only comes with 1 wpt file... Anyway , well done !

Old
  (#44)
Ghoul

Default Re: Waypointing - 03-01-2005

Right now the problem is.. do I release another version with metamod abilities but still crippled S&I support, or do I hold off and try to fix this issue with S&I?

Decisions decisions. Feedback appreciated.

Old
  (#45)
BuMHeD

Quote:
Right now the problem is.. do I release another version with metamod abilities but still crippled S&I support, or do I hold off and try to fix this issue with S&I?

Decisions decisions. Feedback appreciated.
I definitely understand your quandry, but my personal opinion, of course, is that you release the metamod version if it's ready. Beta 0.2 release with metamod capabilities would atleast allow dedicated servers for HLDM to begin testing and integrating your bot. This is a service I offer to you as soon as it's ready, and will look forward to providing feedback on how well it works. In fact, if you could release a metamod version for HLDM AND a crossfire.bsp waypointed file... I could begin testing right away!!! hehe. Either way, I recommend that you release it if it's ready, then continue your R&D from that point. Goodluck either way.

*~BuM~*

Old
  (#46)
hiyahin

I'd say you should release it, but you must state somewhere about the problem with the S&I bot in a readme or something. Since it's gonna take quite a while to fix this problem, might as well make more your "community" happier.

Old
  (#47)
CoCoNUT

Default Re: Waypointing - 04-01-2005

Take your time, small steps are ok and lead to the goal . If you have new features I would make a release and say, "hey ok, this and that is not fixed yet" -but the people see there´s something happening. I loved the S&I-mod so much and would love to have a bot for it . Have fun and take your time. Small steps, one by one... .

For maps, nav-files, waypoints and more visit: http://coconut.de.tc

Last edited by CoCoNUT; 04-01-2005 at 19:00..

Old
  (#48)
Ghoul

Default Re: Waypointing - 05-01-2005

Hm, I suppose then I'll package up what I have and put a large red notice/warning on the site about the S&I issue.

Except to see a release today (it's 5 AM right now ) or tomorrow, depending on how busy I am.

Old
  (#49)
BuMHeD

Quote:
Hm, I suppose then I'll package up what I have and put a large red notice/warning on the site about the S&I issue.

Except to see a release today (it's 5 AM right now ) or tomorrow, depending on how busy I am.
Sounds great Ghoul!! I look forward to trying it out on our beta server. The only thing is... I'm having trouble with the waypointing, but I'm not sure if it's just me or not. I would greatly appreciate if someone could waypoint crossfire.bsp for HLDm... but I do believe my own advice about self-dependance... I just hope I can figure it out. I couldn't get it to work for HPB bot either... both dedicated or listen server. *shrug*... I don't know what I'm doing wrong either way, but would love some help. Thanks

*~BuM~*

Old
  (#50)
hiyahin

I think you should change the file name to "S&I doesn't fully function yet" before newbs come hurrying here and keep asking the same darn question. (Fortunately none has appeared yet.) Oh yeah, don't forget to package CoCo's waypoints as well. =P

Last edited by hiyahin; 05-01-2005 at 21:56..