.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > Grave Bot
Grave Bot Artificially deadly intelligence for S&I by Ghoul Science & IndustryHLDM

Server commands
Old
  (#1)
Leviticus

Default Server commands - 04-12-2004

I've been trying to play S&I by myself on a LAN with GraveBot, and for some reason, the addbot commands aren't working. I have read the grave bot commands readme that was included with the installation, but even when I type in the command exactly as it says in the readme, it still doesn't work. It says gravebot is in an unknown command. I also tried it without gravebot and simply putting in addbot, but it says addbot is also an unknown command. Does anyone know what's going on? I extracted to my Half-Life folder, if that could be the problem. Please help me out here, cause I really wanna play with these bots. Thanks in advance.

Re: Server commands
Old
  (#2)
hiyahin

Default Re: Server commands - 05-12-2004

Have you changed the liblist.gam?
If you haven't, the bots won't work. Read the readme if you want to know.
Also, if you're trying to get the bots to work on SI, then extract the things into the SI folder (Half-Life/SI)

PS. Load the liblist.gam on notepad to change it.

Old
  (#3)
Ghoul

The installation under S&I isn't very clear. It was only after I wrote the bot that I found out that there is no property section for third party mods. So, you'll have to edit the liblist.gam in the S&I folder with a text editor and specify the Grave Bot .dll (grave_bot.dll) rather than si.dll.

Old
  (#4)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Be sure to make the liblist.gam read-only after that, else Steam would overwrite it.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#5)
Leviticus

Default Re: Server commands - 06-12-2004

I only just realized this after I posted. I edited liblist.gam, and the bots work, but every once in a while, the game freezes, and I can't even kill SI with Task Manager. I end up having to restart my computer, and this happens EVERY time I run them on a lan in a 6 on 6 game including me. Do I just have to run less bots at a time, or is this a known bug, to be fixed in the next version? I understand this is a beta, and that it has a couple of bugs, but this is a massive problem which almost makes these bots unusable. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

Old
  (#6)
Ghoul

It is a known bug. But it shouldn't be locking up your entire system. Grave Bot is entering an infinite loop, which can only be fixed by closing hl.exe. You should be able to do this with the task manager. I can, at least.

The readme states that Grave Bot was more of an experiment than a dedicated working bot. The aim of the release was more toward the programmer community, rather than the average HL community.

I'll try to get a big fixed release out soon, but so far I've had no luck tracking down the cause of the infinite loop.

Old
  (#7)
Leviticus

ok, well, I have Windows ME, so maybe that's the problem, lol. You probably should release it soon, because as of now it's the only bots for S&I, and it's probably been downloaded by a lot of people, and they all want a fixed version, including me. Don't hate me, I'm just a greedy person. Anyway, have you showed the loop problem to anyone? Maybe someone else can help you figure it out. Just a suggestion. Later.