.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

bots sticking together on v3b17a
Old
  (#1)
person135

Default bots sticking together on v3b17a - 02-02-2007

When I tested v3b17a, the bots were stuck together again. This has happened a couple of times, like 5 times in my 30 minutes playing.

here are pictures (and yes, it is raining in the map)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	de_train0000.GIF
Views:	595
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	981   Click image for larger version

Name:	de_train0001.GIF
Views:	619
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	982  

Re: bots sticking together on v3b17a
Old
  (#2)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Re: bots sticking together on v3b17a - 03-02-2007

Bots do run into eachother. The unstuck code is being worked on.
Sometimes 2 or more bots try and use the same waypoint and get stuck while trying to move, but this shouldn't be an all-the-time thing.

Is this getting stuck issue a very common thing like constantly getting stuck? or just a few times?
I think radi's might also help avoid bots getting stuck.

Sometimes to avoid bots getting stuck make many alternate routes to the goals to try to get less bots sticking together.

If a bots get stuck don't worry about it, most of the time that I see bots stuck they unstuck eachother.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#3)
person135

Default Re: bots sticking together on v3b17a - 04-02-2007

yeah I know that's not a big problem. KWo just said that he would solve the problem once and for all. They get unstuck after like 5-20 seconds. The waypoints, I have my own custom waypoints for many maps that are very very good (they take advantage of camping and "guarding a position" waypointing).

Old
  (#4)
SoUlFaThEr

Default Re: bots sticking together on v3b17a - 04-02-2007

if the bots are getting stuck on your own personal waypoints very often, place my original waypoints back in there for a test and see if it happens "as often" as yours. if it does not, take a look at how i make my waypoints.

One case that can always cause them to get stuck hugging each other in spasms of blood lust, is if youo, on their ACTUAL main route, having a lot of waypoints whith a radius of 0.
Passages through a door way are one.

The second screenshot is a perfect case of the 0 radius problem.

the first screen is only that these bots happened to chose exatcly the same vector line to go between those 2 waypoints.....(ive not seen this waypoint so its merely a guess).

check your radii in those spots where the porblems are.....by ladders and doors theres nothing to do but wait until my man KWo gets them to stop feelin' so much looooooove.

Old
  (#5)
person135

Default Re: bots sticking together on v3b17a - 05-02-2007

my waypoints are just more advanced versions of yours. I just added to them, a lot. I will check on the radii of the waypoints.

Old
  (#6)
SoUlFaThEr

Default Re: bots sticking together on v3b17a - 06-02-2007

conceeded are we? your tone sounds insulting.

im not sure how much more "advanced" you can get. I made them sleek. if you overstuff up the ground with waypoints, your bots act slower. most peoples bots are slower than mine to target areas because they put in too many waypoints. My impotant waypoiont selections were special as well....they helped avoid the bots always going one direction.

just taking advantage of a camp spot or a specific area doesnt necessarily make your waypoints more advanced. The waypoints I made for the official standard maps, and all the 300 or so custom maps I waypointed, were not waypointed for my own playing style, they were made to appeal to many types of battling strategies and not just one. your position guarders.....i know where they are if ive played your waypoint for 2 rounds. you wont get that in mine.

Im one of those less is more guys. and thats advanced actually. I didnt remake this bot for 2 years with these guys because in unadvanced. Most waypointers ive ever met are either not at all thorough...or are overthorough.

T-Wrecks and me are that nice middle ground. Maybe thats why we are here as moderators because of our experience with the bot in the last 5-6 years. Ive been gone a while and a lot has happened.

Dont word yourself way above me. I dont like the attitude.

Sorry, im old.

Old
  (#7)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Please, don't increase the temperature of the topic.

@SF - please don't think everyone around is trying to insulte or attack You. Your waypoints they were pretty good for this what was in code 2-3 years ago. Since that time few things was changed in code (for example buttons, lifts), so even >BKA< T Wrecks was improving a bit these default ones (it was 1.5 years ago - I don't know exactly what - but he found something he could improve, so I believe there WAS probably something to do...). But You will stay forever as the best waypointer for podbot even if someone will find something he can improve.
Glad to see You alive and back here again, BTW.
I really need waypointers and beta testers so, please, peace.

Back to the topic - I know the problem with bots getting stuck, so it wasn't a need to create a separate bug report about it. And this is nothing new in V3B17a...

There are few things I'm working on right now - ATAC3 and CSDM 2.1 beta (plugins for AMX X) - I promised to finish. Bot support and my enhancements in those plugins. Once I finish those works I'll try to research again the unstuck code (the same way I did it for weapons and fireing). Another thing is that - I'm out of my country with limited internet accesss. I can browse AMX X forum withot any problems, but bots-united is filtered by some filter in that company I'm right now at delegation. So, please be patient. I'm about to upload the new beta to the repository with disabling radio usage (requested by few people here and at AMX X forum) - so if You can use pb_radio 0 they will not use and they will not react on radio commands - so maybe You can see if they are stuck less or not (that notice would be helpful for me).

BTW - I don't think any of You is older than me (this year I'll finish 37 )...

Old
  (#8)
SoUlFaThEr

oh!!
i just turned 37 so yer a bit up on me hehe

Sorry Person.
Sorry KWo.

not sure why but i did react badly to that. I know things changed. i made my points for what we had at the time.

im just sort of ugly when someone with a bit less experience...begins talking my down. since im gone from the project because of my own, I should actually keep my mouth shut

apologies accepted?

Old
  (#9)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: bots sticking together on v3b17a - 07-02-2007

Sure - but I still cannot find anything he wanted "tell You down". I didn't find there he would say "Your waypoint were bad, I had to improve them". He just said "my own are more advanced, I've added a lot to them" which for him it was some kind of improving, but probably he wanted to say "I changed them for my personally preferences" which might be hard to discuss if it's really improvement or not.

Old
  (#10)
SoUlFaThEr

Default Re: bots sticking together on v3b17a - 07-02-2007

well no big deal

personally if i tell someone my work(even if i modified someone elses work, which is something i never do anyway out of principle) was more advanced.....id be telling them their ability is not as high as mine. that was the whole thing in my head. since hes new....it sort of hit me wierd to read what he wrote

forget it tho please.