meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Ideas
Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

bot talk (real talking)
Old
  (#1)
person135

Default bot talk (real talking) - 28-09-2006

I know this could be pretty complicated but maybe you can have a setting where bots can talk? Like they talk by using sound files. For example, they can kill 2 people in a row and then say something like "oh yeah" or something like that by using a sound file. I've seen this in the bot that came with my cs 1.6 so I know it could be done. Can someone do this?

Re: bot talk (real talking)
Old
  (#2)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Re: bot talk (real talking) - 29-09-2006

Yes, csbots in CZero do this and in CS:Source, but right now podbot is basicly for many languages, if they make sound files, there will probably need to be translations in other languages.

Some AMX-X stuff have similar things, but they are the same person that would scream out headshot, monster kill, killing spree, Humiliation etc...

That amx-x mod is by dyjel I think (I can't spell it), contains some files for that kind of stuff.
But other than that, this is a good idea; and I do think it may or may not be manditory for sound translations.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#3)
person135

Well, you could also do it like the user puts what he wants. Like you can choose whether to enable it or not and if it is on, then the user can choose the sound files and stuff for headshot and stuff.

I know about the multikill and the killing spree sounds on AMXMODX, but what I want is something for the bots, like the bots can have comments during the match, like when someone plants the bomb, the bot can say something or when a bot is dying, the bot can make a dying sound.

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient
That amx-x mod is by dyjel I think (I can't spell it), contains some files for that kind of stuff.
One little explanation - AMX was OLO (polish guy) idea and he was developing it with dJeyL. Then he stopped to develope it and dJeyL developed it with the AMX team (as T(+)rget, KRoT@L, m0gely, Vapok, DoubleDoom etc). Then dJeyL (as main developer) haven't had time to develope it and for long time nothing happened with AMX - so a lot of people got mad at dJeyL and they created AMX X (now called as AMX MOD X) - and this mod is developed by Bailopan (main developer) with other people (long time it was PM, SniperBeamer, SidLuke, last time the people has left the work on AMX X and now Bailopan is working with VEN, DamagedSoul, Freecode, and few others).

Back to the topic - it was discussed some time ago - to have bots talking You need to have recorded all phrases (not single words only) - it takes a lot of spaces (much more than these multikill, humilitation etc single words in addon pack to AMX/AMX X). This would make the installation package too big. And the work is not worth it, I think. Find another developer to do this - I don't feel it. Sorry.

Old
  (#5)
jeefo
путинхуйлоебаное

Well actually YaPB can do this, but you need as KWo said sound pack, by default Russian users can use community maded sound pack pack (18Mb), english users may use original Official CSbot files (by default), which shipped with Condition Zero.

Old
  (#6)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

I don't think is leggal to use it with CS1.6...

Old
  (#7)
person135

Default Re: bot talk (real talking) - 30-09-2006

well, you don't need too many files, maybe at most 20, and like 50kb for each file since speech files aren't that long, just a couple of seconds

oh, and btw, my cs1.6 bots have that kind of speech stuff, so I can give you the sound files if you want (they include many different kinds of phrases, like "nice work team" or "the bomb is down"). The files I have are like around 20kb each, so 1mb of the sounds would mean a lot of sound files. I can give you some of them if you want. They are really good, trust me.

Last edited by person135; 30-09-2006 at 01:37..

Old
  (#8)
jeefo
путинхуйлоебаное

Default Re: bot talk (real talking) - 03-10-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
I don't think is leggal to use it with CS1.6...
Yep, using this files without CZ is illegal i think, but maybe he will use it with CZ

@person135:
Your cs1.6-bots are illegal copy of Official CSbot (a.k.a. Zbot), which can be used only with CZ, so do not post anything here

Old
  (#9)
person135

But I don't think the bot I have is the cracked version of csbot. the bot dll is mpbot.dll and I press H to access a menu that controls the server and the bots. I'll upload an image of it.

here's a link of it

http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic1zl0.jpg

I really don't think my bot is a hacked version. And plus, if we can't use the sound files, couldn't we just make our own? I could help.

Also, we can use some of the radio messages right? Like enemy down and stuff.

I uploaded some of the examples that we could use. Are they from the official cs bot?
Attached Files
File Type: zip bot talking.zip (39.5 KB, 378 views)

Last edited by person135; 03-10-2006 at 23:19..

Old
  (#10)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Well your not soposed to use csbot stuff in cs1.6; but you can check out what the codings are
Podbot mm uses radio commands like enemy down, last time I really played with them.
Instead of using imageshack I would suggest looking at my signature

This is a pretty good idea; but I would rather having it optional since chatting with a voice can be laggy for some users.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]