.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Bots Getting Stuck
Old
  (#1)
pimpinelephant

Default Bots Getting Stuck - 08-11-2007

I was playing on awp_map and testing out the "jason mode" with the bots. It seems that the bots, when running into each other, become stuck. This doesn't seem to happen on other weapon modes (or at least they get stuck but are able to free themselves after a little while), this only occurs on knife mode. I have a screen shot that demonstrates this problem.

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/8...uckbotsvw0.jpg

Another problem with knife mode is that the bots will "lock on" to a specific target. For example, I would be the first to run up to an enemy bot and then I would run away, but the bot would still be targeting me thus making it an easy kill for anyone else. The last thing I noticed was that occasionally bots will spawn at the same position other players have spawned, thus killing them. This only occurs occasionally, but when it does happen, it gets quite annoying. I have another screen shot that demonstrates this problem.

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/646/spawnkillbu9.jpg

Re: Bots Getting Stuck
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Bots Getting Stuck - 08-11-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpinelephant View Post
The last thing I noticed was that occasionally bots will spawn at the same position other players have spawned, thus killing them.
Whenever You want to report a bug, please, write also the version of podbot mm You are testing.
If there is less spawn points for one team than the number of players of that team - it happens because CS works so. You can use bspedit tool to make more spawn points for the map to solve the problem.

Old
  (#3)
pimpinelephant

Default Re: Bots Getting Stuck - 08-11-2007

Oh sorry. I am using Podbot mm Full Pack V3B18c. The spawn thing only happens occasionally, so I assumed it had something to do with bots not recognizing other players. I will try to add more spawn points to see if that fixes the problem.

EDIT:
I tried using the BSPEdit tool, but when I add it to the plugins.ini, my counter-strike just closes when I try to start a "new game". There are no errors or anything like that, counter-strike just closes. The BSPEdit tool is the only addon in my metamod's plugin.ini as well. I followed the directions, but this problem keeps occurring. What did I miss?

EDIT:
I figured out the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin
BSPEdit_mm makes it child's play to add/remove/move the spawnpoints.
(but it currenlty only works running under cz, got to fix that..)
Is there another way to edit spawn points like BSPEdit_mm, or do I need to wait until it will work for CS?

Last edited by pimpinelephant; 09-11-2007 at 09:20..

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Bots Getting Stuck - 09-11-2007

Try out the 1.4 (some older version).
Attached Files
File Type: zip BSPEDIT_1.4.ZIP (52.8 KB, 383 views)