.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Future Features
Old
  (#1)
vlvttch

Default Future Features - 07-05-2006

I am looking forward to the new updates and improvements that will be added to the next FritzET update. The bot at this stage is running exceptionally well and everyone thats played on my little server seems to really enjoy it.

I know this is probably outside of the scope of what you're trying to do with FritzET. But would it be possible to have some sort of XPsave feature for at least the human players like is available in ETpub? The nice thing about XPsave is it seems to attract more people and allows them to be more competative with the bots.

Anyway love what you guys are doing with Fritz and keep up the great work.

Re: Future Features
Old
  (#2)
Maleficus

Default Re: Future Features - 08-05-2006

Its being looked into. We're trying to find a way to do it thats not as messy/cumbersome as many other mods have been doing it.

In the meantime - starting the game in dev mode, then doing "give skills" in the console will let you level up to as high as you want. And since Radar is the first map in the complete campaign, you can play all the maps too.

EX:

At the main screen, drop the console down and type: "devmap radar". When in the map, type "give skills" as often as you want to level up.

Cheers!

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#3)
freebee

Embarrassed Re: Future Features - 08-05-2006

Stupid question:

How do i start up in dev mode?

Old
  (#4)
Maleficus

Default Re: Future Features - 08-05-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficus
At the main screen, drop the console down and type: "devmap radar". When in the map, type "give skills" as often as you want to level up.
Thats how.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#5)
PnZ

Default Re: Future Features - 10-05-2006

the new fritz version will support any server config? like the clanbase config based on etpro. it would be good i think, each one would playing under the config they want.

Other point i think would interesting is that the bots dont jump to much when are shooting, and move in parallel line in front of you. i dont know if that things are improved in your version but...just suggestions.

Is there any explanation about the use of the waypoint tool.

thanks for that great mod

Old
  (#6)
Maleficus

Default Re: Future Features - 10-05-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnZ
the new fritz version will support any server config? like the clanbase config based on etpro. it would be good i think, each one would playing under the config they want.

Other point i think would interesting is that the bots dont jump to much when are shooting, and move in parallel line in front of you. i dont know if that things are improved in your version but...just suggestions.

Is there any explanation about the use of the waypoint tool.

thanks for that great mod

1. I'm not sure I understand - you can define a map specific cfg, and can already run any cfg you choose.

2. Play the bots on medium/hard skill: they jump around alot on those skill levels. On easy, they don't jump as much.

3. Yes - check out the info here:

http://wiki.bots-united.com/index.ph...ting_Waypoints

Cheers!

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#7)
PnZ

Default Re: Future Features - 11-05-2006

1- I mean, for example in radar you cant quit the brass, and other things that not run ok under my config.

2- med/high skill players dont going runing and jumping for the map xD, i ask if it possible that the bots will act like a human player.i mean from one side to other while is shooting you.

3-trying to work on aldernest, but is dificult to understand all of that program, im spanish :S

Old
  (#8)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: Future Features - 11-05-2006

forcecvar isn't something that is supported at the moment. it would be nice to have I think. I'll see if it's something I can get code over to Mal for. Most likely it wouldn't make the next release as there are many new things added / being added already.

The bots will strafe left to right when fighting, but not all the time. They have other movements to limit the predictability.

aldernest may be tough to complete right now without button support.