Half-Life and HL1 Mods Discuss about your favourites HL1 Mods here Half-Life

Help Bring Halo2 to PC, sign this peition :D
Old
  (#1)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Help Bring Halo2 to PC, sign this peition :D - 26-10-2004

Heyyo,

I myself am a big Halo gamer, n' since Halo2 for PC isin't planned (same with Halo1, it's probably another deja-vue marketing ploy by M$), and probably will be released on PC, but hey, the more guarantees the better eh? So please, take a few secons to fill in a slot on this peitition that just got started:

http://www.petitiononline.com/halo2PC/petition.html

All you have to do is put in your name n' e-mail, and a comment if you want. Don't worry, there's an option to make your e-mail private, available to author of the petition, or to the public.

other HaloPC gamers, and I appreciate it.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Re: Help Bring Halo2 to PC, sign this peition :D
Old
  (#2)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Help Bring Halo2 to PC, sign this peition :D - 26-10-2004

we should start a petition to get Bots-United funded by the goverments of the world, because we stimulate people to develop AI that will eventually take over the most hard tasks in the world, therefor even making sure and guarentee that our planet will be safe (do you see a terminator coming now? or... a Matrix?). I do not hope our AI will eventually destroy human mankind because it sees us as a decease.

Ow, but about Halo 2. Nah, i do not like it

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#3)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Np, just like other games, Halo ain't to the likes of everyone. I ain't THAT hardcore of a Halo gamer to spam you saying "you're wrong! Halo is the best game ever!" n' what-not. But yeah, if there's anyone that enjoys Halo like I do, show yourselves n' sign up.

Time for a quick Halo history lesson: Did you know Halo was 1st supposed to be an RTS on the mac? heh, came quite a long ways since its first concept eh? here's a link, check it out: the evolution of Halo.

http:// www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_halo_evolution.html

And Halo's first endorsement commecrial: the Nvidia Geforce2 GTS!

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_halo_nvidia.html

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#4)
HangFire
Best served chilled

I'm not sure if how I feel about Halo2 for PC.

The only thing I liked about Halo was the coop mode, but they cut that from the PC version. If they have a coop mode for Halo 2, and if they keep it in the PC port, then I'll probably buy it.

Old
  (#5)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Help Bring Halo2 to PC, sign this peition :D - 27-10-2004

Heyyo,

Yeah, I was highly upset when gearbox made up the excuse of not including coop cause "the AI's too advanced," and "the AI wouldn't handle internet lag properly." BS eh? I mean, Far Cry has a much more advanced AI than Halo, and it has a coop mod. But yes, technically, it is possible to have Coop on HaloCE (the custom edition) cause I've seen some mp maps that they just put on some SP bots onto and just tweaked n' it worked... sortof.

Eventually I bet someone with good bot/networking knolege will use HEK (Halo Editing Kit) to convert some SP maps to MP.

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Last edited by MarD; 27-10-2004 at 00:18..

Old
  (#6)
HangFire
Best served chilled

Far Cry has coop? Time to try this out.

Old
  (#7)
TruB
One Eyed Freak

www.petitiononline.com seems to be down..
the only timed a signed anythink on that site was for makin a new version of freelancer.. which is one of the best experience games i ever played.. next after maxpayn 2..

i would sign/vote to get it sooner.. but i i know M$ right it wont happen faster.. i left the halo community the second it was announced to come to XBOX..

have no hopes for halo2.. so far it seems more crappy story like.. but mor stuff to do.. Xbox still suck in myh oppinion.. PC forever.. and some ps2 for social gaming..

Have been quoted [6] times

Old
  (#8)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Me too, I hated M$ for buying out Halo for xbox, forever screwing over the PC version. For a game as old as it is (year 2000 wasn't it?) it runs like CRAP on my computer, yet others of the same time (Max payne) can be ran at full settings no problems...

@Hangfire, YES, Far Cry does have Coop, but it's a 3rd party mod like SvenCoop, but it's still in development, n' needs some work. Here's a prime example: on computers that join the main server, they can't see the helicopters properly. Apparently at the research level a heli was killing me as my friend shouted over teamspeak.. on my screen it looked like he was shooting up at the sun, n' the sun kicked his ass, and then mine... Darn that uber-fast skin cancer. Here's a link to check it out, but to get it, just google it, or register at the forums place it links to. http://www.farcrycoop.de.vu/ BTW, you'll probably want the latest Far Cry patch v1.3 (just came out a few days ago) and it has all the fixes of v1.2 and them some, but without the incompatibility problems.

I can't wait for some of the mods coming out for Far Cry. The one I look most foward to is the Jurrasic Park mod, complete with dinosaurs n' what-not. It better have coop onnit, so me n' me buds can scream like little girls whilst running away from T-Rex's... now tha'd be the best Coop experience ever IMO. check it out: http://www.ulray.ch/jpmod/

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Last edited by MarD; 27-10-2004 at 19:33..

Old
  (#9)
TruB
One Eyed Freak

Default Re: Help Bring Halo2 to PC, sign this peition :D - 28-10-2004

hl2 will have a coop killing dinos mod.. dont remember the name.. but i think the far cry engine is more suited.. however.. i dont have far cry. .since the demo i think sucked and......... my come didnt handle it very well..

Have been quoted [6] times

Old
  (#10)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Help Bring Halo2 to PC, sign this peition :D - 28-10-2004

Heyyo,

Yeah, it takes a pretty strong comp to get going. You definately need 1gig of ram for constant framerates. Coop seems to sap the crap outta your CPU (probably cause it's not finished) so you need a strong computer to handle coop smoothly. The demo level's nice, but there's better ones for sure.

Yeah, I don't see killing dinosaurs in HL2 cause it's built more for city environments than open islands n' such. But hey, if it's coop, me n' me buds will probably give it a go.

Rock Hound. (<Link)