.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

Waypoint Request
Old
  (#1)
NinjaX

Default Waypoint Request - 22-04-2007

I would like to leave a request for some podbot waypoints for my server please. I would like to request a waypoint for surf_swift and scoutzknivez please. Thank you.

Re: Waypoint Request
Old
  (#2)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Re: Waypoint Request - 23-04-2007

http://www.cfegames.com/maps.php?id=scoutzknivez

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#3)
NinjaX

Angry Re: Waypoint Request - 25-04-2007

Thank you for your time Ancient. I really appreciate the podbot waypoint for scoutzknivez. It would be nice if in the future you could make me more waypoints when I need them. Right now please, I would like you to make me a podbot waypoint for the map surf_swift? Ok. Thanks again for your time and effort. Hope to see some more good services from you.

Old
  (#4)
person135

Default Re: Waypoint Request - 25-04-2007

podbots do not support surf maps. no bots support surf maps. Due to the complexity of surfing in counter strike, it is not possible, at least not now, to waypoint surf maps effectively, since when surfing, you need to press the opposite strafe keys the side of the ramp you are on. Also, the mouse, the direction you are going, needs to be controlled precisely, especially when jumping from ramps. Therefore, at pbmm's current state, it cannot surf effectively, although Ancient can try if he wants.

Old
  (#5)
Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaX View Post
Thank you for your time Ancient. I really appreciate the podbot waypoint for scoutzknivez. It would be nice if in the future you could make me more waypoints when I need them. Right now please, I would like you to make me a podbot waypoint for the map surf_swift? Ok. Thanks again for your time and effort. Hope to see some more good services from you.
Scoutzknivez was already waypointed, you didn't check the web.

Right now I'm not waypointing, but if others want to try they are welcomed to.

I never tried surf maps, but there are many kinds of maps that don't work with bots, but I don't doubt that surf maps are uncompatable with pbmm.

CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com

Old
  (#6)
NinjaX

I know that you posted the waypoint for scoutzknivez.. i was just thanking you for making it for me. Now.. about the surf_swift waypoint, since you say you've never tried to make a surf waypoint, can you try to make this for me now then please?

Old
  (#7)
person135

Default Re: Waypoint Request - 26-04-2007

as i said, bot movement is just like human movement in a regular map. you press forward to go forward, left & right strafe for left and right, and backwards to go backwards. on surf maps, a waypoint for bots will tell bots to move forward on the ramps. however, when surfing, once enough velocity is attained, forward movement is automatic, and the forward key is not needed to press. the only way to stay on the ramp however, would be to strafe in the direction based on the ramp you are on. the only way to do that though, would be to assign left and right waypoints on the ramp, and even so, bots will just turn around and walk forward in that direction. so therefore, it is nearly impossible to have bots surf.

there might be one way. if careful coordination is done with waypointing, then bots might be able to strafe. however, paths would need to be carefully manipulated from waypoint to waypoint so that bots can surf. because of the special surf physics, forward motion is almost automatic.

again, the above mention way of waypointing might work, and that is only for surfing on ramps. changing ramps is even harder, something that not even all humans are not able to master. so therefore, i would not recommend wasting time waypointing a surf map. also, it would be nearly impossible to add waypoint, due to the constant motion of the waypointer on the ramps. you cannot stop on the ramp, only pause there. and once you do, it is difficult to pick up speed again to get to the next position to place the waypoint at. auto waypointing might work, but that will only work for the path you surf in, and paths that one can surf in are nearly limitless on a ramp. you could do noclip, but finding the right position in the 3D world would be too annoying and hard to try to accomplish.

you can try to make a waypoint if u want

Old
  (#8)
Abu El-Roor

Default Re: Waypoint Request - 24-05-2007

I would like to leave a request for some podbot waypoints for my server please. I would like to request a waypoint for fy_quickshot please. Thank you. please help me at my e-mail : Abu_El-Roor@hotmail.com

Old
  (#9)
Ancient

Default Re: Waypoint Request - 24-05-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu El-Roor View Post
I would like to leave a request for some podbot waypoints for my server please. I would like to request a waypoint for fy_quickshot please. Thank you. please help me at my e-mail : Abu_El-Roor@hotmail.com
If you create a new topic it would be better

CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com

Old
  (#10)
NinjaX

Angry Re: Waypoint Request - 03-06-2007

I would like to request a waypoint for the maps climb, chopper attack, and c4a_death-by-chairs please. Thanks alot buddy.