.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Half-Life 2, Source and Source Games
Half-Life 2, Source and Source Games Discuss about Valve's new FPS game and its mods here Half-Life 2

Re: Half Life 2 Death Match !!!
Old
  (#31)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: Half Life 2 Death Match !!! - 03-12-2004

what I meant in my earlier post is that if it happens 90% of the players won't ever bothering going out and see what bots exist for the game they want to play, they'll stick with the default one, even if better alternatives exist... just like in Quake III

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#32)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Hmm, yeah, I see your concern PMB, I'm sure if CS had a built in bot I would've never searched for one and found TEAMbot and then the rest of the bots... so yeah, maybe they will, maybe they won't. Valve's been pretty silent of any progress and stuff (and before they said that they were making HL2 with the help of the community... right. )

[EDIT]
Hmm, speaking of Quake 3 Arena, I never could find bots for Quake 3 Fortress... they should've made some for that instead.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Last edited by MarD; 03-12-2004 at 06:01..

Old
  (#33)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Although i fear the same as PMB. I think we still have a slight chance because we DID make bots in the early days (and a lot of HL1/CS 1.6 users DO know we did)... so if ANY new POD / REAL / JOE comes out. They'll surely give it a try if we get such news posted on CSNATION or HL2.NET

I played HL2DM, and actually the lag was not that bad! I mean, its been 2 days now and there where more servers ofcourse in our 'neighbourhood'. So that could explain it. Though, with a ping of 30 you play 'well'... and a ping of 50 sometimes causes chokes. Though it also relies on other player's pings.

Its a start, and a pretty good one too. I bet they can optimize things a lot even, so lets sit and wait. I'd like to see some HL2DM bot first So we get the basic idea how to do it. I already checked the src sdk reading material, but it did not explicity explained bot's architecture. So i guess we have to figure it out ourselves again...

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#34)
FrostyCoolSlug

yea, i've found the pings arnt too bad now.. although the maps are WAY too small, and spawn camping with a barrel is too easy >
*spawn* *throw, kill, retract*

=====
Craig "FrostyCoolSlug" McLure
Network Administrator of the ChatSpike IRC Network

Old
  (#35)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

nah, i think the server is way to full then I enjoy small servers more then full ones...

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#36)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Heh, same here man, especially since HL2DM picks its spawnsites HORRIBLY. I think it randomly picks a site, and puts the player there... it doesn't check for any nearby threats leading to easier spawncamping...

There's some speculation at the Pure Pwnage forums that in the next update they're adding the crowbar, AND the stunstick... I hope so, I wanna get zappy.

Btw, the game's still playable at pings of 200. The way they did the weapons is great, they log it by how that 1 computer takes the hits, not by server side like on Halo. So that means when you take a revolver to someone on your screen whilst having a ping of 200, and on his screen he's 2 feet to the right? since the guy who shot it comp registers it as a hit, the server does too, so there's a fair playing field out there boys. It doesn't quite work as well for the grav gun, but it does in general, cause you can run and grab something, and on your comp if it registers it as a pickup so does the server (well, as long as somebody with a lower ping doesn't beat you to it ).

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#37)
HangFire
Best served chilled

They just did the update and it didn't add those things, just a few bug fixes and balancing fixes.