.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

pb wpmenu not working
Old
  (#1)
vahnx

Default pb wpmenu not working - 23-01-2010

I've searched the forums but found no solid solution. I can invoke amx_pbmenu fine but when I try pb wpmenu, amx_pb wpmenu etc. it doesn't work. I can run pb wpmenu through rcon or through the direct console but it says, "You must be the host of a listen server to use this command".

I am hosting the dedicated server on my desktop and I also play it on the same machine and I configured so outsiders can connect. My bots and bot menu work fine. How do I get pb wpmenu working?

Re: pb wpmenu not working
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: pb wpmenu not working - 23-01-2010

pm wpmenu is a command to invoke a Waypoint Editor with its own menu. Waypoint Editor is used to create waypoints (not to control/manage bots on the server) and it can be used ONLY on a listenserver (so You are getting the right answer from the console). When You are creating a game from the steam menu, then You are playing on this PC and other players can connect to Your PC to play with You - that's the listenserver. But then - when You use the "quit" command on that server (listenserver) - it stops the work and other clients are getting also disconnected. If You are creating a dedicated server (just the game console), then - no matter if You are playing there or not - other players can connect there and then they can play.

I believe - to control bots You wanted to use the command called
pb menu
About that I have described more detailed in that topic - so please, read carefully the whole topic (3 times) before You start asking again about something what was already answered couple of times.

Old
  (#3)
vahnx

Sorry if I confused you, I am looking to make waypoints. How do I change my dedicated server to a listenserver so I can make the waypoints then back to a DS again
Edit: I'm trying to gain access to the waypoint editor on the listenserver but I can only "see" the plugin it from my dedicated server
Edit: Edit: I guess copying and pasting the files to the listenserver worked, but it rebinded all my keys =S

But is still still possible to change my DS into an LS then back?

Last edited by vahnx; 23-01-2010 at 18:27..

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

I'm not sure what You are asking for...
If You are able to start a listenserver - just make waypoints on it, then copy *.pwf files You have created from the listenserver folder
(...\counter-strike\cstrike\addons\podbot\wptdefault) to the same folder on the dedicated server
(...\dedicated server\cstrike\addons\podbot\wptdefault).
Then start the dedicated server and You have done.
I think You can keep running the dedicated server on Your PC (that's only the console) and start the listenserver (by "create a game") to create waypoints in the same time. Just try it instead asking.

Old
  (#5)
vahnx

Yeah, I did that. First time I got a port error but now it's working fine