.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Offtopic
Offtopic Just anything. You have time to waste ? Prove it !!!

Re: best conspiracy theory evah
Old
  (#11)
biohazerd87
Moderator by day Waypointer by night

Default Re: best conspiracy theory evah - 05-02-2005

omg

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAJH
AHAHAHHHHHHHHHAAAAHAHAHAHAH

Old
  (#12)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: best conspiracy theory evah - 06-02-2005

Despite the power of a nuke, i still do not think a tsunami can be created by this force. Why? Because an earthquake , which i firmly believe, causes WAY more damage (and needs WAY more power). Also, a nuke has 80% of its forces away from the ground. Ie, it goes UP/ Sideways. Which will NOT do that much to water as when a sudden shift goes on the surface (earthshift/quake). So it causes tons of water to shift all of a sudden, to cause a wave like that.

I am not convinced

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#13)
biohazerd87

it is very unlikley the actaully bomb could create the wave...... but the reactions from the explosions could cause a tsunami, IE if the nuke was sent to near the bottom of the ocean near the techtonic plates it could create enough force to have a small earthquake creating a wave
... and no i am not saying i belive the consperacy cause it is the dumbest shit ever lol

Old
  (#14)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

well it might beable to cause the tsunami.. I think..
but we don't see any after effects of a nuke in the water yet..
and we'll probably never see any since this article is fake

Old
  (#15)
von Ryan
Yeah, right.

If it was indeed a nuke, then there would be a load of dead fish floating around the surface of the water, and that would have been in the news... Think about it

von Ryan, pwning Combine Dropships since 2005

Old
  (#16)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: best conspiracy theory evah - 07-02-2005

Quote:
Also, a nuke has 80% of its forces away from the ground. Ie, it goes UP/ Sideways.
that is wrong, friend. Any explosion, be it caused by a nuke or not, dispatch its forces in all directions in equal proportions.

You may be thinking that because of the cloud. Do not confuse. When the cloud starts to appear, the blast is already kilometers away from the epicenter. The mushrooom-shaped cloud you see with nukes is caused by the heat which creates a vacuum phenomenon. Because hot air... goes up

In 1951 (if I remember right) the Americans tested the effects of H bombs on their own militaries. Here are 3 pics of soldiers from the 1st battalion of the 188th para. They were given orders to go prone before the blast and to stand up once it had passed.

Nobody knows what happened to these men after these experiments, btw.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#17)
biohazerd87

he is right... the thing about a nuclear explosion is that it has more than 1 phase... first there is the imense heat... which will pretty much vaporize anything... then there is the actaul shock wave which isn't that damaging it is just really fucking loud. then the 30 km/sec(a hundred times the speed of sound in normal air) winds rushing away from the explosion... and the lack of air near the explosion creats another vacume sucking all the air back at 150 MPH (or higer). Oh and don't forget about all the radiation and long term effects... oh and the huge ass whole in the ground

i belive in an early test of a nuclear weapon they used a small unihabbitied island to test it on.. yeah it removed the island.. no i am not joking the island is gone

i have also read some cool stories about people who flew in airplanes and filmed the explosion from the air... they wear special gogles so they don't go blind.. and this guy forgot to put them on so a second before the explosion he put his hand over his eyes and when the bomb exploded the X-Rays from the explosion passed thru his hand and he could see the bones in his hand

Last edited by biohazerd87; 07-02-2005 at 03:41..

Old
  (#18)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

lol thats even more funny.. humans can't see x-rays..

Old
  (#19)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

bio is right, it was the bikini atoll. The island was vaporized by a 15 megaton TNT equivalent nuke, officially the biggest nuke tested in the United States. It caused the whole island to sink 20 meters below the ground, sinking a dozen US ships in the same time.

Do you REALLY think the US were (and would still be) satisfied with those 15 megaton nukes, whereas in the same time the communists were testing 60 MEGATON TNT/eq nukes under the direction of Andrei Sakharov that were at the same time limited, their nominal power being 150 mega fuckin tons untested, i.e. TEN TIMES bigger than the US bomb that sunk bikini ? Do you really think the US stopped all nuclear tests at 15 megatons in... 1951 ?

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#20)
HangFire
Best served chilled

I fail to see the reasoning behind nuclear arms development past that. What were the mega tonnage for the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Those were devastating enough to force Japan into either surrendering, or face a complete massacre of their country.

Seriously, we as a species aren't bright enough to handle with the weapons we're building. Its like giving a few 6 year olds some shotguns and sending them out to play in the backyard.