.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Bloody Territory: The Port waypoints
Old
  (#1)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Bloody Territory: The Port waypoints - 05-06-2008

Magic has posted a new map the_port in alpha and beta versions this past week. Nice textures, lighting and other eyecandy. So I have created a playable WIP waypoint so you can evaluate his work. Map is a good size but arranged to make most of it an intense fragging with teams of just 9 each.

Waypoints for the alpha1 version are posted here. The map can be downloaded here.

The beta1 version map I have only seen available on wolfenstein-city.4players.de so far. The beta has a different train station layout to make it easier for the Allies. I hope that by the time I port over my a1 waypoints to b1 (say this weekend) that the b1 map will be more widely available. Also on my to do for this map eventually is bot support of the elevators (to get to the radar parts), more routing and improved balance. Did see a couple of odd things in test but could not reproduce etc. so please report any problems.

BTW the_port_a1 0.01 requires the keyword fix beta. I could re-issue it such that the keyword fix was not needed but later versions will have to use the keyword fix beta, so there!

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Last edited by TomTom; 05-06-2008 at 23:06..

Re: Bloody Territory: The Port waypoints
Old
  (#2)
TomTom

Default Re: Bloody Territory: The Port waypoints - 08-06-2008

OK definitely saw the fake steal bug on bots "pressing" the radar door button. So I will post a newer fixed (I hope) a1 waypoints as soon as I get the bots working the new train station door in the b1 waypoints.

Update: 0.03 (..._a1) and 0.04 (..._b1) posted. Minimal testing so I apologize in advance for anything missed. Still no elevator support (that will take a lot of testing to do). I would not be surprised if the mapper made more changes soon (I could do without the quadruple 90 degree turns on the side exits of the station...).

The station door the bots will use the new floor triggers to open and then seconds later close the door. This is simplier than making a convoluted logic as to when the axis would close and when they would open the door. As a human your can walk on these floor triggers or approach the levers from the side to manually throw them (1-way).

BTW Found the mapper's thread on SD.

Last edited by TomTom; 08-06-2008 at 15:26..

Old
  (#3)
nedd3h

Default Re: Bloody Territory: The Port waypoints - 25-06-2008

very nice map!

something in Fritz_the_port_b1_WIP0.04.pk3 is crashing my ET
-map stats ok in etmain
-map starts ok in fritzbot (with no wayponit pack)
-if Fritz_the_port_b1_WIP0.04.pk3 is in fritzbot folder ET crashes to desktop

i tried this on my test install which has no custom files except the ones i'm testing
ie, only the_port_b1.pk3 in etmain
and only Fritz_the_port_b1_WIP0.04.pk3 in fritzbot folder

any ideas?

Old
  (#4)
TomTom

It loads up fine in my machine (sv_pure 1, map, gametype 2). Did you install the keyword fix beta patch? It is REQUIRED!
If the beta patch is not installed fritzbot will crash in the connecting screen (for a host).

Old
  (#5)
nedd3h

yep! that was it

i should have read your post fully

Old
  (#6)
TomTom

Default Re: Bloody Territory: The Port waypoints - 27-06-2008

Just started working on the elevator support again and per chance noticed a half dozen connections missing including some I remember making, so there will be a 0.06 soon enough (after some more elevator work). These affect usage of the train station mg and road exit. The connections might have got lost after a PC train-crash or when ET went off the rails.

To my mind the elevator really is only useful to go from the sewers to the radar parts so that might be the limit of bot support. I suppose axis in the middle might send it to the top too. Downward usage, any ideas?

Old
  (#7)
TomTom

Default Re: Bloody Territory: The Port waypoints - 28-06-2008

0.06 is posted. I have not been able to entice the bots to the elevator so far. But to get the connection fixes in I am posting it anyway.

For the humans; if the elevator triggers automatically when you step up to the controls, don't worry you can override it. The automatic floor trigger only activates when the elevator is stopped at a floor.

Old
  (#8)
TomTom

Default Re: Bloody Territory: The Port waypoints - 30-06-2008

Make that 0.10 is now posted. I found a typo and did balance testing and a bunch of other stuff (elevator's controls supported on 2 floors, reduced the bullets passing through the truck 's engine near the port gate, a few new camps...)

Old
  (#9)
nedd3h

Default Re: Bloody Territory: The Port waypoints - 03-07-2008

top work!

i really like this map

i found a bug with the elevator... from the lower level i activated the elevator to come down and get me... while it was desending i entered the elevator space and couldn't get out... there was an ivisable wall preventing me from leaving, then the elevator crushed me

edit: also, imo, the room near the first barrier needs to have breakable glass

Last edited by nedd3h; 03-07-2008 at 04:55..

Old
  (#10)
TomTom

Default Re: Bloody Territory: The Port waypoints - 03-07-2008

yah I added func_fakebrushes to keep the bots out mostly but not totally when they shouldn't use it. As long as you get killed I consider that acceptable .

There might be ways to do more complex brushes (2-3 per floor) that would let you out. Or I could just shorten the brushes so you can exit the far side (of course that is no good if you are on the ladder). Another idea would be to make a single brush the size of the whole elevator in volume. It would be re-moved when the elevator is first operated and put back when it started moving. The brushes only impede movement from the outside surfaces. However you don't want to use a grenade when inside a brush. I will have to test what happens when the brush changes position to be sure.

The simplest thing is just remove the brushes since I have not yet seen a bot enter the elevator. (except in the middle and I removed that connection.)

- - -

Don't know if I agree about the window, though a small ticket window might be OK. I also would like a ventilation duct going from the axis spawn up behind the elevator to the roof. The bottleneck in that spawn is why I reduced bots team size.