.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

Waypoints for de_wallmart
Old
  (#1)
biohazerd87
Moderator by day Waypointer by night

Default Waypoints for de_wallmart - 02-05-2004

I lave the map de_wallmart I DL it from http://server.counter-strike.net/maps/ and the waypoints from there too. When i load the map it say's the waypoints arn't correct for this map. I could make the waypoints but i am not very good at big maps like that so i was wondering if you could help me out?

Re: Waypoints for de_wallmart
Old
  (#2)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: Waypoints for de_wallmart - 02-05-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazerd87
i am not very good at big maps like that so i was wondering if you could help me out?
Waypointing big maps is as easy or difficult as waypointing small ones... just more WPs to place... C'me on, admit it: You're just lazy!
Ok, seriously: I know this map, too, and I think it's ok. However, let's get the most important things sorted out first:
For which bot do you need a WP?
I think I WP'ed it once for PB 2.5, but somehow there was a bug with the rescue WPs - once a CT reached it, he started walking a few steps back & forth till round end.
Besides, this is actually a csde-map, i.e. there are hostages to rescue AND a bomb to plant. With PODBot the problem is that map goals aren't team-specific, so the Ts are likely to crouch in front of a hostage and try to plant the bomb, whereas the CT will go to the bomb spots and be surprised that there's no hostage to be seen... it's not a critical bug, but I wanted to mention it anyway.
If you need this for PB2.6mm, I could make it. But it's a large map, and if that stupid rescue zone bug occurs again, I'll hang myself from the nearest tree...

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#3)
sr2004

waypoint found for my site :
menu : waypoints (de) - fichiers wps P-Z
@+

Old
  (#4)
biohazerd87

Quote:
Originally Posted by >BKA< T Wrecks
Waypointing big maps is as easy or difficult as waypointing small ones... just more WPs to place... C'me on, admit it: You're just lazy!
Ok, seriously: I know this map, too, and I think it's ok. However, let's get the most important things sorted out first:
For which bot do you need a WP?
I think I WP'ed it once for PB 2.5, but somehow there was a bug with the rescue WPs - once a CT reached it, he started walking a few steps back & forth till round end.
Besides, this is actually a csde-map, i.e. there are hostages to rescue AND a bomb to plant. With PODBot the problem is that map goals aren't team-specific, so the Ts are likely to crouch in front of a hostage and try to plant the bomb, whereas the CT will go to the bomb spots and be surprised that there's no hostage to be seen... it's not a critical bug, but I wanted to mention it anyway.
If you need this for PB2.6mm, I could make it. But it's a large map, and if that stupid rescue zone bug occurs again, I'll hang myself from the nearest tree...
I don't want to brag I am actually pretty good at waypoints, but the fact of the matter is yes you found out I am lazy. But soulfather had already made them i wondered if you he could fix the ones he mad to work.

Old
  (#5)
biohazerd87

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2004
waypoint found for my site :
menu : waypoints (de) - fichiers wps P-Z
@+
Couldn't find them there the only one i foun is a wp_de_walmart_final which isn't correct the waypoints i am looking for are called "de_wallmart" and wallmart has 2 LL's if you want to know the map check here http://server.counter-strike.net/map...me=de_wallmart

Last edited by biohazerd87; 02-05-2004 at 23:38..

Old
  (#6)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: Waypoints for de_wallmart - 03-05-2004

Well, if SF has already made a set, then it's doubtlessly good. The question is, if they don't even load, CAN they be fixed? But wait a second- if I find my old set, I could maybe fix it. I can first test for the bugs I mentioned, and then, if these bugs are removable...
but still, the question remains: What bot do you need them for? PB 2.5? PB 2.6mm? IvPBot? E[POD]Bot?

EDIT
Just saw in another thread that it's PODBot 2.6mm... ok, that's "my" bot, too.
/EDIT

Oh, and I hope you didn't take that "lazy" comment personally... just teasing a bit.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Last edited by >BKA< T Wrecks; 03-05-2004 at 01:01..

Old
  (#7)
biohazerd87

Quote:

Oh, and I hope you didn't take that "lazy" comment personally... just teasing a bit.
No i really am lazy. And i know soulfather is the man when it comes to waypoints. Thats why i asked the waypoints from him. The waypoints won't even load it says that they are not for this map even tho they came with the map.

Old
  (#8)
SoUlFaThEr

ok thanks for all those nice things you said
now on to my hate for this map:

the retard made 7-9 different maps with either a similar or the SAME name........there are many versions of de_walmart and some of de_wallmart and even a few de_walmart_final's(check the L's)

mine is the first of the de_walmart_final's.
and i wasted 3 years of explaining "why dont your waypoints work Soulfather i thought you were good at this" to people who simply had the wrong map for waypoints i made. so far that i know there are literally 3 different versions of de_walmart_final with one L. i waypointed one of them. and the majority of the people that have that map.....are those who got the first copy of it.........everyone else got later additions of it.

this is also nothing to fix........i also do not have the map anymore because i couldnt even stand seeing the name and often reated badly to questions about hehe
not here.....but still.......find what you can and cope or have T Wrecks fix his if he has the same map he waypointed for......

That is mapper mistake #1.....releasing many of the same product with exactly the same name.
which is why we will have problems keeping track of pod2.6mm if noone starts dating them or something.

Old
  (#9)
biohazerd87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoUlFaThEr
ok thanks for all those nice things you said
now on to my hate for this map:

the retard made 7-9 different maps with either a similar or the SAME name........there are many versions of de_walmart and some of de_wallmart and even a few de_walmart_final's(check the L's)

mine is the first of the de_walmart_final's.
and i wasted 3 years of explaining "why dont your waypoints work Soulfather i thought you were good at this" to people who simply had the wrong map for waypoints i made. so far that i know there are literally 3 different versions of de_walmart_final with one L. i waypointed one of them. and the majority of the people that have that map.....are those who got the first copy of it.........everyone else got later additions of it.

this is also nothing to fix........i also do not have the map anymore because i couldnt even stand seeing the name and often reated badly to questions about hehe
not here.....but still.......find what you can and cope or have T Wrecks fix his if he has the same map he waypointed for......

That is mapper mistake #1.....releasing many of the same product with exactly the same name.
which is why we will have problems keeping track of pod2.6mm if noone starts dating them or something.
Actually the map maker "Squall" who in my oppinion makes some of the best custom maps only made one version "de_wallmart". Then some other jack-ass thought it would be cool the add some crap to is and make it again, and again, and again. This is no fault to squall. But thanks for your replay i guess i will get off my lazy ass and do them myself lol