.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Offtopic
Offtopic Just anything. You have time to waste ? Prove it !!!

Re: Thieves are everywhere!!
Old
  (#11)
TruB
One Eyed Freak

Default Re: Thieves are everywhere!! - 06-11-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPlOrYgOn
I like dragons and I was born in the year of the dragon
i was born in the year of the dog.. or the really first part of the year after..

Have been quoted [6] times

Old
  (#12)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: Thieves are everywhere!! - 06-11-2004

Well, for my 1,000th post (duh!) I might as well join the club...

I don't know when I started using nicks at all, but it didn't take long to drop all others and settle for this one...

The "T" is the first letter of my name... I knew I wanted to have something with a "T". Then I thought of "T Rex", but a) there's a band called T Rex which I didn't want to get associated with, b) "rex" is latin for "king", and I didn't want to have such a boastful word in my nick, and c) t. rex is the abbreviation for a dinosaur, and I'm neither a dino freak nor extinct myself...
But at that time. I liked quite destructive PC games such as Carmageddon or GTA, where you wreck a lot of things... it was phonetically identical, but not so boastful, and in addition to the above three meanings, it could also be interpreted as a verb... o_O

I wasn't even aware that there's a band called Trainwreck...

-EDIT-

Wait a minute, the >BKA<... one of my friends was bugging us with a clan tag (just for the shits & giggles, though), and on a LAN party, during a CS game we came up with the wise conclusion: beer kills aiming. There's also a German meaning: "Besser können's andere"...
That's actually hard to translate because it has a quite self-ironical tone... the "bare" meaning is something like "others are better at it", but the tone is more like "yeah, we know we suck"...

Oh, and I was born in the year of the dragon, too.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Last edited by >BKA< T Wrecks; 06-11-2004 at 22:51..

Old
  (#13)
von Ryan
Yeah, right.

Default Re: Thieves are everywhere!! - 07-11-2004

$eu_crey$$on it's just a caricature character from a lame TV "comedy" show (Casseta & Planeta, for brazilians). It represented the "ignorant" and low-educated people, so he speaks wrong, had several rotten teeth, etc. The english translation would be Mr. Creysson. As for the $s and the _, I added them for "style"...

von Ryan, pwning Combine Dropships since 2005

Old
  (#14)
[+Duracell-]

my first name used to be something from way back in TFC...don't know what it was

Then i used <insert name here>...I'm serious! That's what my name used to be, then as I got into CS, I decided to change my name (this was around beta 6.6). And I happened to find a battery lying around. And you can guess ^_^

Old
  (#15)
Brainz

well, I use two main names. One, my main name, (Brainz) is sort of after the Thunderbirds character, and sort of after a roleplay character (No, not that sort of roleplay!) I had for a set of scenarios that never really took off.

My Other, {rank} David Stirling, came from the founder of the SAS during WW2. ( {rank} is replaced ingame with a relevant rank, depending on what I'm best at. EG in DoD, its Lt, in DCX its cpt. as I'm better at captaining ships than anything else, in Halo its MC (master chief, for obvious reasons). However, this name is currently being phased out.