.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

The same bots re-enter game twice
Old
  (#1)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default The same bots re-enter game twice - 29-05-2004

When you play on listenserver with bots (latest sPlOrYgOn beta) and you have some bots called in podbot.cfg, when the game is finished at one map (I use mp_maxrounds), to the new map bots re-enter twice (there are some bots with (1) at the left of their names). For better understanding the problem look at the attachement. The workaround for this is put in the listenserver.cfg at the end this line:

pb removebots

With this line there are only some inconveniance - one new bot is added at second map.9_9
My some important lines to this topic in podbot.cfg are following:

detailnames on

min/max bots lines are commented

addbot 100 0 2 1 Ryback
addbot 100 0 1 1 Roger
addbot 100 1 2 2 James_Bond
addbot 100 1 1 2 Szakal

Tested on CS1.5 listenserver, metamod 1.17, latest beta podbot_mm.dll.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	the_same_bots_twice.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	267  

Re: The same bots re-enter game twice
Old
  (#2)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: The same bots re-enter game twice - 29-05-2004

thats because it runs the podbot.cfg every round start...

do you guys want no bot added if the bot name is the same even tho you manually specified it?

Old
  (#3)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPlOrYgOn
thats because it runs the podbot.cfg every round start...

do you guys want no bot added if the bot name is the same even tho you manually specified it?
PMB said - I want to see PB2.6mm working like PB2.5 (maybe is not 100% the same words). So - in PB2.5 all bots from previous maps re-entered to the next map. Regardless if You had some addbots commands in podbot.cfg , if You kicked during a game some of them or if You added some of them during the game.
BOTS_AT_BEGGINING_NEW_MAP = BOTS_AT_THE_END_LAST_MAP

Try keep this direction. You have to ignore addbot command from podbot.cfg at map change and You have save table of bots at the end of the last map.
I'm not a coder - so for me this "server deactivate" function clearing all memory of bots is totaly abstraction. I can't believe there isn't way to save this table of bots because of this function? Maybe need use this function after saving info about existing bots in the game. How it was made before - why before all bots were the same at the new map? There was some saved info about this. How this is working in others bots? Authors of other bots have the same afraid for this unfortunally changelevel command?9_9
Please, have a patience for me....
I'm not attacking somebody - these sounds it's only my frustration...

Old
  (#4)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

first off...
you are getting bot names with (1) and stuff because the bots from the last map join back and also it runs the podbot.cfg again...
I don't think 2.5 ran the podbot.cfg each map change...
and also I don't have the same plans as PMB.. I want to actually improve this bot
yes server deactivate does delete everything but it save the list of bots in game first...

the reason it's not working that well now is if you are playing with the bots on 1.6...
1.6 changed a lot of things and one of the things is it took away the ability to detect when a map is about to changed if someone used the "changelevel" command..