.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > HPB_bot
HPB_bot The trusty good ole mechs by botman HLDMTFCOpposing ForceDMCFront Line Force

Steam Help
Old
  (#1)
RR99i

Default Steam Help - 24-07-2005

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble trying to install HPB Bot 4.0. I want to install it for Deathmatch Classic (Steam Version). I go to C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\*username*\deathmatch classic. I read the ReadMe on what to do. I've tried putting the files at that location and also, C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\*username*\deathmatch classic\dmc . When I click on the install.bat, it tells me it's in the wrong directory. Sorry if this doesn't make any sence. If someone could give step-by-step instructions on how to get HPB Bot to work. I'm very new to adding bots to older games.

Re: Steam Help
Old
  (#2)
BeaverMon
HPB_bot 3.0 Fan/EX-HPB_Bot Waypointer

Default Re: Steam Help - 24-07-2005

Cool, a fellow Hoosier! Where do you live?

I'm having a simular problem for HPB_bot 3.0, trying to get it installed with TFC, and getting that same message. I've already posted my question for it.

(Can't you see I hate Steam?)

Old
  (#3)
RR99i

Default Re: Steam Help - 24-07-2005

Hi BeaverMon ,

I'm from close to Anderson, IN. But the closest little town I'm by is called, Perkinsville. I only play with the bots right now. My only ok option to the internet is, dial-up. I should have just posted on your topic. I'm not sure if I need a MOD (like metamod) to get HPB Bot to work. I don't have a clue as to where I install a MOD for Steam. This is all confusing to me. I'm like a little kid that hasn't pasted 1st grade. I would need step by step instructions at what I need to do. I've read the ReadMe for HPB Bot, but don't understand all I need to do. I have Half-Life Platinum Collection. I would like to get bots not only for Deathmatch Classic, but also: Opposing Force, Team Fortress Classic.

Old
  (#4)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: Steam Help - 25-07-2005

The latest HPB_bot require metamod to run... if you use an older version, you're quite on your own because Steam broke quite a few things at some point, that's why the bot got an upgrade.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#5)
RR99i

Hi Pierre-Marie Baty ,

Do you know where I should install metamod? Like what folder in Steam should I put it in. Would it be, for Opposing Force... C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\rr99i\opposing force\gearbox\addons\metamod\dlls ? I have Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source also. Also, I'm trying to figure out how to install HPB Bot. I maybe stupid, but I read the ReadMe and still can't figure this out. I've been reading on the forum and found out that you need to put, hpb_bot_mm.dll , somewhere. I have Windows XP if that maybe causing the problem with installing. I'm sorry.

Ok... lol... this is my second edit. First off, I want to thank Pierre-Marie Baty for helping a lot of people on Bots United! I've been reading your posts and found the answer to getting HPB Bot and Metamod working right. It took a lot of work on my side to get Opposing Force bots running. This is my first time playing it and I found that you can only have about 4-5 bots in a game. I don't know if you can have more than that. Anyways, thanks so much. Last, thanks to Botman for making HPB Bot! You've made bots for the games I have, thanks so much.

Last edited by RR99i; 25-07-2005 at 09:20..

Old
  (#6)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Hey, no problem Helping each other out, that's what we are here for.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."