.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

starting fritzbot
Old
  (#1)
dark_wizzie

Warning starting fritzbot - 08-09-2007

from all fo the posts, thread,s faq, wikis ive read, none of them tell me what i need :
i need to know how to set up a bot, adding in the class and team, and the skills, not just the skills.
i need the class. and the team.
thanks, ill be happy.... please answer by 5 o-clock afternoon, 3 more hours...

Re: starting fritzbot
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: starting fritzbot - 08-09-2007

The class and team is defined by the bot's name in the individual bot file.

For Fritzbot ET
The class and team for pre-defined bots is listed in the folder \fritzbot\docs\ in the file et_botindex.txt.

For Fritzbot
See the wiki topic Default_Bot_List. (You will find that these names are largely the same as those in Fritzbot ET).

If you wish to create your own, personal bot, you can read the file format here. You can also download my Testbots if you have trouble remembering bot names.

Last edited by TomTom; 08-09-2007 at 04:18..

Old
  (#3)
dark_wizzie

Default Re: starting fritzbot - 31-10-2007

i get an error saying that the command 'create' is invalid, when i start the server. HELP PLZ

Old
  (#4)
TomTom

Default Re: starting fritzbot - 31-10-2007

Try giving some more details PLEASE!

-What server? RTCW or ET, Dedicated or non-dedicated? Game Version? ET2.60? When did the error appear? Was the server loading a map? Which?

-Do you have a logfile or condump you can post? And ditto for your server cfg file...

Please get in the habit of being more specific.

Old
  (#5)
dark_wizzie

Default Re: starting fritzbot - 25-11-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom View Post
Try giving some more details PLEASE!

-What server? RTCW or ET, Dedicated or non-dedicated? Game Version? ET2.60? When did the error appear? Was the server loading a map? Which?

-Do you have a logfile or condump you can post? And ditto for your server cfg file...

Please get in the habit of being more specific.
My own server. LOL. Offline, et, non dedicated, the latest version, appeared when I tried to load a map, I think it was a classic map.

Btw: is it possiable for me to edit the aiming error of a level? Like, I edit aiming level 3, so that the bot makes 0 errors in shooting, or I set the field of view for the bots to 200 degrees? Is that possiable?

Old
  (#6)
TomTom

Default Re: starting fritzbot - 25-11-2007

Can't find anything to explain your error message. 'create' is not used anywhere afaik and it is not a valid command in ET. And if it appeared on one of the 6 classic maps I am stumped. Maybe you have a corrupted file. Does the error throw you out of the map?

I do not believe any fov cvars will have any effect on the bots. fov normally only affects your own player, and besides bots scan, they don't just look statically in one direction. The bot abilities are set by the console commands /bot_skill (ai), /bot_aimskill, by their XP and by the waypoint setting for bot_SightDist. The latter bot_SightDist is set by the waypointer to mimic the effect of fog etc on human players as well as being set to reflect how far apart the teams are in parts the map. The former 2 console commands you can change at any time in the map, or include in a cfg file. You could even include them in the <mapname>.cfg file that is loaded when that map starts.

Old
  (#7)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: starting fritzbot - 26-11-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom View Post
Can't find anything to explain your error message. 'create' is not used anywhere afaik and it is not a valid command in ET. And if it appeared on one of the 6 classic maps I am stumped. Maybe you have a corrupted file. Does the error throw you out of the map?
'create' is the ETPro scripting command for adding entities via map script. who are you and what have you done with the real TomTom? most likely the the install is bad and etmain is trying to load the custom fritzbot map scripts.

Old
  (#8)
TomTom

Silly me I searched the on-line console references and Chruker's script reference and the Fritzbot ET error messages. Yes I should have opened the script files Crapshoot, but my mind has been buried inside a different programming language lately. Well at least it got you out of Hiding. I have enjoyed running your bot namesake down with my mine-laden Husky the last 2 months, but it is a pale imitation ...

Old
  (#9)
dark_wizzie

Big Grin Re: starting fritzbot - 26-11-2007

so....I reinstall everything? That would take a long time. Btw: is it possiable for me to edit the aiming error of a level? Like, I edit aiming level 3, so that the bot makes 0 errors in shooting, or I set the field of view for the bots to 200 degrees? Is that possiable? I would also like it if i could edit fritzbot or bobots or default et weapons....

Old
  (#10)
TomTom

Maybe yes or maybe not. I would do the following first;

1) Does it only affect one map? All the time after Fritzbot ET loads? If so that implies the Fritzbot ET waypoint pack is corrupted and should be replaced. You can get them from the filebase. The classic maps' waypoints are in fritz0.pk3 with an update for fueldump in fritz1_1.00.pk3.

2) Make certain you DON'T put any fritzbot files in \etmain they must go in the \fritzbot subdirectory. If you put them in \etmain they would likely override the map script files in plain vanilla ET and you would see the 'create' error if you forgot to load the mod.

3) If renewing the fritzbot folder does not do it, then try removing unnecessary maps etc. from \etmain and see if that fixes it. On occasion one bad pk3 in etmain can have unpredictable results.

And BTW you can have more than one copy of ET on your PC, each in its own separate directory (I have 3 for testing different versions). So if you don't want to re-install you can just install a whole new copy, each with its own copy of maps, mods...

---
Fritzbot ET is a closed mod so you can't edit the available weapons. The only thing that Mal provided is a waypoint command to make the soldiers change weapons (works in RTCW apparently but not in my ET tests ) and the mal_homingpanzers cvar for noobs in a rocket arena setting (works in ET but is a minor change IMO).

As for Bobots Pav has added various weapons related options and his forum has topics on weapons. You can post questions in French or English and he will try to respond. I have not had time since January? to play and see how things are going in his mod. He went off on a tangent per my tastes with all that zombies stuff. I like my mod to be realistic with sneaky Cvops in uniform.

Last edited by TomTom; 26-11-2007 at 09:36.. Reason: after testing