.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^
Old
  (#191)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 13-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0Rp View Post
Still a few questions:
-The darkness affecting; does it mean that now a bot can't see you in the dark unless you are firing? ( if yes, what is a dark room for the bot?; pitch black, very dark, normal dark, light dark)
Yes - You need to try Your-slef what I mean. Just seet silently in the dark room an wait for bots enemies. If the room is dark, they will try more often to switch the light (if there are some buttons with W_FL_BUTTON flag near such button).

Quote:
Bots with less than 900, will they not even buy secondary ammo or better secondary weapon + corresponding ammo.
They will do buy ammo, but they will not buy a better sec weapon (but not everytime) - it happens now randomly if they decide to save money.

Quote:
p.s.: Can you insert a function so that bots buy better weapons if they have the money for it? Now a bot with mp5 will continue to play with mp5 round after round as long as he is not killed or as long as he doesn't pick another weapon from the ground, even if he has enough money to buy a better weapon.
I have never seen a bot buy a weapon if he already carries any other primary weapon at the start of a new round.
That is true - they are not buying any better primary weapon if they already have one. How it should be implemented? How much money they should have to let them drop the existing mp5 and buy an m4a1 for example? How are You doing that Your-self (as a player)?

Old
  (#192)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 13-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo
That is true - they are not buying any better primary weapon if they already have one. How it should be implemented? How much money they should have to let them drop the existing mp5 and buy an m4a1 for example? How are You doing that Your-self (as a player)?
Good question: well, a bot that starts a new round with a primary weapon survived the previous round so normally that bot already has a secondary weapon.
So he doesn't need money for that, leaves only the amount of money to buy a better primary weapon + ammo ( must be included ) plus a little extra to buy nade or smoke or flash or defuse ( if ct ) or combination of those.
Let's say, a T-bot must have at least the price of the primary weapon and ammo + 500 more for some equipment or better secondary weapon + ammo.
A CT-bot must have at least the price of the primary weapon and ammo + the price of a defuse kit ( not every CT buys defuse so if he doesn't do that, the money can be spend on some equipment tools )
If you want to insert this option, maybe it's nice to add some adjustable percent-factor with it ( inside the podbot.cfg )
So that the bots don't always do it when they have enough money.
Otherwise a spawn will be covered with dropped weapons ( that could bring more stucked bots with it cause they all want to pick up a weapon when they see any on the ground and if so they stick for too long on their spawn wich is not good for the overall gameplay )
Hope this will please you and give you a better idea on how it should be inserted.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#193)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 14-04-2008

Quote:
No, the buzzing crosshair moves that fast, that it isn't human like.
Try and play for yourself, go spectate and let bots of skill 100 play against each other.
Take first person view of any bot and experience all-time earthquake battle while aiming.
I don't think it's supposed to be like this although it's more human than before the bug.
How about that? Still You can see that or it's fixed?

Old
  (#194)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 15-04-2008

I haven't played with the latest yet, I'll soon try it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#195)
person135

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 15-04-2008

lol scorp is making some good suggestions KWo.

Old
  (#196)
ProRaiL

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 16-04-2008

bots still lag server sometimes and weak as hell at skill 100

Old
  (#197)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 17-04-2008

New update - V3B19f:
+Added more code for Ts to better choose the bombzone.
+Changed - if the bot has more money and already has a primary weapon, he is buying now a better primary weapon.
+Changed - for linux i386.so version - statically linked with libstdcc++6.so - big thanks to THE_STORM for figuring it out.

Note:
It wasn't tested with CSDM - it may not work properly if the bot will drop the gun at the respawn because it has a lot of money!!! I have to add a better check if CSDM is on. For some reason checking "csdm_active" always says it's "1" no matter if CSDM is enabled or not (I have to talk about that with Bailopan).

I hope no anymore any complaints about not loading podbot_mm_i386.so under linux.

Old
  (#198)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 17-04-2008

New update - V3B19f:
+Added more code for Ts to better choose the bombzone.
+Changed - if the bot has more money and already has a primary weapon, he is buying now a better primary weapon.
+Statically linked with libstdcc++6.so - big thanks to THE_STORM for figuring it out.

Note:
It wasn't tested with CSDM - it may not work properly if the bot will drop the gun at the respawn because it has a lot of money!!! I have to add a better check if CSDM is on. For some reason checking "csdm_active" always says it's "1" no matter if CSDM is enabled or not (I have to talk about that with Bailopan).

I hope no anymore any complaints about not loading podbot_mm_i386.so under linux.

Old
  (#199)
addam

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 18-04-2008

V3B19f compiled with gcc3 is here.

I think we need a gungame check to (gg_enabled maybe works).

91.82.85.31 - Mirage CS 1.6 | FAST DL | SB Guardian | www.nihil.hu

Old
  (#200)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 19-04-2008

@addam why you are recompiling the bot with older compiler ? There is no point sinse the libstdc++ is static linked, the people will not need to search the shared library.