.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Closed Thread

Re: POD-bot back into shape.
Old
  (#21)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: POD-bot back into shape. - 23-02-2004

that would be nice, if somehow could tell me how to keep RB alive when other bots are plugged in i'd be all ears.

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#22)
DreamLord34

Stefan, they seem to work ok with HPB. Maybe take something from there?
Also, which waypoint folder does podbot read from, just so I know.

Old
  (#23)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanhendriks
I still don't see the point. I don't think the RunPlayerMove function has anything to do with this.

THe engine sees an entity that tries to open a door. Simple.

Try this, run a game, and open a door. And when you open the door, walk to it, face it , and keep pressing forward. It will work.

Now, let a bot try this. It will work aswell, why? Because there is nothing changed in the whole 'way of opening a door'. You simply 'push' it. The engine does not give a damn if its a fake client or not here. (it would not make sense).

For opening doors, i have seen RB succeed lots of times. The only failures are because doors are already open (and thus the connection is not valid), so that needs improvement. But the process of opening a closed (not using a button) door is not a problem for RB.
Heck, I just tried realbot and shockingly, this problem doesn't happen at all !!! although I swear it DOES with all the other bots I tried previously.

This problem happens less with swinging doors like in cs_militia, because the doors open in front of the bot (as long as the bot is FACING the door and not trying to run backwards to it). But with sliding doors, the bounding boxes of the door and a podbot DO collide.

That's the reason why Austin wrote plugins to remove all doors in all maps for his bot servers, because bots could not navigate them fluently. Campers only had to sit behind a door, wait for a bot to come by and spray bullets at a stuck bot.

*********LAST MINUTE BREAKING NEWS**********
I HAVE FOUND WHY!!! it's because of that aimbug fix bug from Paulo-La-Frite again !! And since we talked about it some time ago you already gave a solution and fixed all the angle bug problems in RealBot already. That's why your bot is not affected. Lucky ole man

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#24)
DreamLord34

Pierre-Marie Baty, what is the add bot command? addbot doesn't do anything, they also don't rejoin at map change.

Last edited by DreamLord34; 23-02-2004 at 22:10..

Old
  (#25)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

! Finally some good news pmb Hehe. Well i am glad to hear this.

I was hoping you could shed a light on 'multiple bots working together on metamod'. I know it has something to do with the indexes not being updated properly or something. But i have not taken a look into this properly yet.

I think something like a bool bIsOtherBot is needed, so when a fakeclient is found, but is not created using botCreate it is automaticly an 'otherbot'. Therefor it should not 'think'. But as i said i don't know the exact problems so i cannot say what a fix can be

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#26)
DreamLord34

Hey guys, I did have both the HPB_bot_mm.dll & the realbot_mm.dll working together, mind you with the odd crash but still worked.
Maybe that's one place to look? The reason why I stopped using HPB is due to lack of waypoints for it. That's why I want to use PODBot as it has quite afew.

Old
  (#27)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

if HPB does work fluently then i think there is something with pod's code? But... logically thinking of it, POD & RB are based off HPB. Although they have underone quite some changes ever since.

Old
  (#28)
DreamLord34

If someone has a fair amount of HPB waypoints, I'll test it again to see if there's any random crashing.

Old
  (#29)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: POD-bot back into shape. - 24-02-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanhendriks
! Finally some good news pmb Hehe. Well i am glad to hear this.

I was hoping you could shed a light on 'multiple bots working together on metamod'. I know it has something to do with the indexes not being updated properly or something. But i have not taken a look into this properly yet.

I think something like a bool bIsOtherBot is needed, so when a fakeclient is found, but is not created using botCreate it is automaticly an 'otherbot'. Therefor it should not 'think'. But as i said i don't know the exact problems so i cannot say what a fix can be
Actually the solution is simple: put the FL_FAKECLIENT flag (as Turtle Rocker says), but NEVER rely on him to tell if an edict is one of your bots or not.

I.e, never do
Code:
if (pEdict->v.flags & FL_FAKECLIENT)
// this beast is a bot
but do (a la botman)
Code:
int bot_index = UTIL_GetBotIndex (pEdict);
if ((bot_index != -1) && bots[bot_index].is_used)
// this beast is one of MY bots
Note that you can simplify all this by always filling the bots array according to their entity index (which range from 1 to 33). That is, instead of "finding a free slot in the bot's array" to stuff this bot in it during BotCreate(), ask for the entity index once the player() function has been called, and it will give you directly the right slot index in the bots array in which to put your bot. You can then get rid of UTIL_GetBotIndex() and the likes, and replace them all with ENTINDEX (pEdict) - 1.

I have RACC and POD-bot running at the same time, so I don't think the problem is in the POD-bot code. See where I'm looking at ?

Last edited by Pierre-Marie Baty; 24-02-2004 at 00:36..

Old
  (#30)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: POD-bot back into shape. - 24-02-2004

DreamLord, could you test this podbot.dll with Steam and tell me if the bots come back after a map change ?

BTW the command for adding bots is "pb addbot" for dedicated servers and "addbot" in the client console for listen servers.

Closed Thread