.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > RealBot > The RealBot 'Source'
The RealBot 'Source' Discuss things about the source code. You can here point out bugs, share ideas and code. Assign to become an 'official team member' and so on!

Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things....
Old
  (#1)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 29-05-2004

So, did you read my news message yet on the website? if not, DO IT NOW.

Okay, so you have downloaded this 'yet to be released officialy' baby and you have found some things , bugs, perhaps? ... did you download the source already? Hmm, well you can always point out bugs!, but it would be even more impressive if you can point me into any line-number or direction into the source code itself. So, show some initiative and grab the source and let me know

Edit:
I forgot to upload the CHAT.INI file that is needed to let the bots speak. This feature is automaticly activated when you install the file. You can grab it at the filebase, its pinned so its somewhere at the top . You can edit this file and make them react to more words!

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Last edited by stefanhendriks; 29-05-2004 at 19:48..

Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things
Old
  (#2)
guyinthewindow

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things - 29-05-2004

im not sure if its just me, the 3/7 bots (per team) like to camp at spawn unless u command them to move.

Bots that are still seeing an enemy keep firing even though they have no more ammo in thier clip.

Some bots like to keep the knife out so much that they don't like to switch to their primary. These bots also don't attack the enemy.

About 90% of the bots like to stand near the bomb, but don't try to defuse until like 5 seconds later.

If the bots here the bomb ticking sometimes stand still.

Sometimes the t bots plant and just run somewhere else (like their spawn).

de_aztec screen 1 shows the bots looking at the bomb which is the left of the 'a' word on the wall. the one closest to me was there for about 6 secs and decides to go and defuse it.

de_aztec2 screen shows a t bot with no ammo in his clip trying to fire at a knifer whos just looking at him.

pardon for my cz skins
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	de_aztec.JPG
Views:	1014
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	270   Click image for larger version

Name:	de_aztec2.JPG
Views:	958
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	271  

Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things....
Old
  (#3)
dead bwoy

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 01-06-2004

Very happy to see this bot is compatible with metamodX/CZero(CSBot)
I ran a quick test and the bots learned the map from CSBot pretty quick. Can't wait to give these a real test! (It's sleep for now!) I did notice the things mentioned above too!

Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things....
Old
  (#4)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 02-06-2004

it works with CZero? GReat! did not know that (i don't have it)

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#5)
dead bwoy

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 02-06-2004

Yea, it still says "assuming you're running counter-strike 1.6," but it still works! WIP#10 gets a 10 on nade throwing, one threw a nade at a crouching enemy and it hit him dead in the chest! Realbot likes to follow other realbots or play grab-ass and run around in circles at spawn. Once they get going however, it's headshot-city even with difficulty set at worst. Havn't tried the chat function yet, but i think it would be a laugh seeing WIP#10 using the chat function (as if they didn't have mics) and hearing CSBot talk (and not chatting). Once I feel realbot knows a map well enough, I'll battle them 6 on 6!

Old
  (#6)
AcidBurner

Wow, RealBot has come a long way. Ok... one error I noticed in CS 1.6 was where the bots were disappearing after 5 rounds in internet mode and not coming back. This was happening when I limited maxplayers to 8. The whole CT team just vanished, leaving me and 3 other T bots. The new ladder code is great!

Old
  (#7)
Lethal

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 03-06-2004

I notice a frame rate drop in the first instances of the round when the bots are making decisions, reseting the nodes and giving them new nodes does not help suggestin the bots are trying to make a decision but like as some guys have already said they like to camp spawn, or have threesomes.
But in comparison to wip9 and before they are more "realistic" and I have some good laughs playing against them. Great bots Stefan.

Last edited by Lethal; 03-06-2004 at 16:55..

Old
  (#8)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 03-06-2004

hmm, funny, i hear good results in overall but i am not that satisfied. Am i being hard on myself?

I also noticed sometimes frame-rate drops, i don't know why... and the camping at start is annoying too.

Old
  (#9)
dstruct2k

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 08-06-2004

"Reliable channel buffer overload"

Ring any bells?

I get this while playing with internet mode on, and it kicks players off 1 by one, until there's none left. Then, anyone attempting to join gets the error ASAP, so you can't get back in to fix it. Only way: rcon_address <IP> then rcon realbot internet 0... annoying

Old
  (#10)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 08-06-2004

i found that the bug Whistler mentioned actually made RB WIP #10 much more stable. I bet there is the problem. I shall re-upload this dll...