.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Daybreak problems
Old
  (#1)
tinyrodent

Default Daybreak problems - 04-10-2007

I enjoyed playing this map as an Axis soldier, easy to earn full heavy weapon award with the flamethrower. However the Axis bots don't know how to get the last few objectives. I have to go fetch the key card by myself, that's no so tough. But I also have to fetch all 5 explosives and carry them myself, if an Axis bot picks up an explosive he just stands around with it rather than taking it to the rocket.

Fortunately (?) the Allied bots are rather dumb as well and always take exactly the same route from their spawn. Consequently it's no trouble to bring the explosives once inside the building, just by avoiding the hallway they like so well. They don't usually notice if I'm crouched behind the supply cabinets either.

Never did find out what to do after the last explosive is in place and I pulled the lever.... Allied team still won.

Re: Daybreak problems
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Daybreak problems - 04-10-2007

After testing my hunch I confirmed that if you play mlb_daybreak on the wrong version of Fritzbot ET then you will find that the bots will not pursue the keycard nor explosive pickup-delivers. Basically 420Blunt had to exceed the old limits in the aiscript so the last lines of instructions telling the bots to roam over and steal the keycard are essentially truncated off. To avoid this YOU MUST USE the fritzbot/qagame_mp_x86.dll file dated Jan 16 2007 contained in the Fritzbot ET special beta version file keyword_fix.zip (unzip the dll file and place it in the fritzbot subdirectory)

Old
  (#3)
vlvttch

Default Re: Daybreak problems - 06-10-2007

Thanks for the update. Works much better now.

Old
  (#4)
tinyrodent

Default Re: Daybreak problems - 06-10-2007

Yes thanks! I had downloaded that patch and forgot to apply it...

Still hoping to one day see the Fritzbot ET source code released. There are a lot of ways the bot behavior could be improved generally, independent of any particular map.

My current pet peeve is the "feature" of a friendly medic killing me to revive. Well there are times when this is welcome and times when it isn't. For example: while defusing dynamite. Or while wearing an enemy uniform. Etc.