.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Latest Reports
Old
  (#1)
Rifleman
This user broke our rules and has been BANNED

Default Latest Reports - 28-01-2005

After trying the latest release , heres my comments / bug reports :

1.) Zooming bug not fixed yet
2.) Some problem with the waypoint for cs_assault (cs1.6) , T always jump
down from from the hallway near the hostage room (play more and you
will surely notice it) , and CT frequently stuck in the roof tunnel

Other than that , I didn't found any serious bug , and the bot is great !

Re: Latest Reports
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Latest Reports - 28-01-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman
After trying the latest release , heres my comments / bug reports :

1.) Zooming bug not fixed yet
OK - this may be really "bug' - but express (describe exactly) what do You mean by this bug (which situations, which weapon)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman
2.) Some problem with the waypoint for cs_assault (cs1.6) , T always jump
down from from the hallway near the hostage room (play more and you
will surely notice it) , and CT frequently stuck in the roof tunnel
Well, I need a help of my colleague T Wrecks then to decide - if it's "bug" in dll or it's really waypoints problem (and should be rather asked in other place).
Can You tell us what the version of waypoint file do You use (where did You download it) and what does metamod say You when You type
meta list
in console?

Old
  (#3)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

I'll have a look at the waypoints again.

Besides, one more bug isn't fixed yet: Bots sometimes have trouble picking up weapons. They jump up and down while standing on a weapon someone else dropped, but they just can't pick it up. I only saw this happening when the bot in question was carrying an AWM and trying to pick up something different. The bug didn't occur with any other weapon so far.

And they're still camping with knives... I know that an immediate jump causes them to take out their knives, and that's a great feature. And I know that some time after the jump, they switch back to their weapons. I don't know what exactly causes the switch back (a timer? a certain number of waypoints passed in the meantime?), but it ought to be possible to make camp WPs trigger that behaviour (of putting away the knife and switching back to the regular weapon), too.

Another tiny thing I saw yesterday involves ladders. It used to be possible to waypoint jumps away from ladders, i.e. the bot is on a ladder, hits "jump" and is catapulted away from the ladder just like a human player. AFAIK, this is still possible for bots going down a ladder, but yesterday a bot going up a ladder didn't jump back when it reached the upper ladder WP. Instead, it turned around, stepped off the ladder and fell down. Since the ladder code has been changed several times, I guess that there's a little glitch.

(Win98 SE CS 1.6 Listenserver, R2b46, MM 1.17sp (from Pierre's site), no other plugins)

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Last edited by >BKA< T Wrecks; 28-01-2005 at 14:00..

Old
  (#4)
Rifleman

win98se , metamod1.17 , statsme , bleeding , podbot mm and yes , using sniper rifle and after they killed or lost sight of an enemy

[EDIT]
Sometimes they dont fire with the sniper weapon
The zooming bug also happen on assault rifle
Something is wrong with the bot's radio , I've spammed enough by the command "Stick Together Team"

Last edited by Rifleman; 28-01-2005 at 15:44..

Old
  (#5)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Ok, I just tested some rounds on cs_assault. I didn't see CT bots get stuck in the vent, but maybe I didn't test long enough. Can you tell me where they got stuck?
1) In the entrance shaft? (This can happen when they jump on each other's heads...)
2) In the "lower" vent part (the one between the two access ladders)?
3) In the "upper" vent part (the one between the lower vent and the grate in the ceiling of the control room, directly in front of the hostages)?

Concerning T bots jumping/falling down the hallway, some questions as well:
1) Do the actually jump, or do they just walk/run over the edge?
2) Does it only happen when two or more bots run into each other and try to get unstuck, or does it happen with single bots as well?
3) In which area indicated in the attached picture (see below), do they fall down?
4) Which waypoint version are you using?
a) Time stamp: June, 20, 2004 - 92.1 kB
b) Time stamp: November, 1, 2004 - 93.7 kB

I can't test as thoroughly as you, so please try your best to point me to any glitches you can find, and I'll try my best to respond to your needs & problems and fix whatever I can fix.

Btw, glad that you like the bot! I hope it will become even better...

*EDIT*

D'oh! I forgot the attachment... here it is.

*EDIT 2*

(Aren't we concentrated today? 9_9 ) Concerning the radio spamming:
http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=3205
It's been reported and will be fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cs_assault0000.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	600  

Last edited by >BKA< T Wrecks; 28-01-2005 at 15:48..

Old
  (#6)
Rifleman

yes , T always falloff from A point and CT always stuck at the ENTRANCE of the vent (etc : 1 CT want to go in , another want to go out , round and round they go )

Yes , I love that bot , but I still have to manually changed the latest code and complie it so bot wont move at all when they want to fire sniper-weapon so that they wont be an easy-target for me

[EDIT]
And yes , they just walk down from the A point

Btw , I play with the bot about 4~6 hours a day since school is quite relax these days and I dont need to mess around with "Quadratic Equations" My math sucks that much
[/EDIT]

Last edited by Rifleman; 28-01-2005 at 16:32..

Old
  (#7)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Ok, now I know where the problems occur. Now if you could tell me which of the two waypoitn files (see my last post) you have? If you have the old one, I can give you the new one to see if it's any better, and if you have the new one, I know where to look for errors.

However, concerning the vent problem, I fear there isn't really a good solution. I think it's important that Ts can get onto the roof of that warehouse as well as CTs can enter the building from the roof - so the connections in that vent must be bidirectional. I could change that and upload a different version for you - however, I guess it still wouldn't fix the problem because even so, two CTs entering the vent right after each other could get stuck forever as well. It's actually more a bot problem...

Old
  (#8)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Yeah - if bot gets stuck with some teamnate - one of them (at least) should change the target WP and its "task". It means probably big job for sPlOrYgOn, but for this moment this change is impossible to do (he doesn't have time to do it now).
I still didn't get what do You mean by this zooming bug. Can You write a bit more lines of info to express this?

Bot is not moving during shooting to have better aiming. It's not a bug - it's "how it's supposed to do" (like sPlOrYgOn wanted). However we can discuss (in separate thread) what is better - don't move and better aiming (and easier to hit) or move with a bit worse aiming (and harder to hit). And it's not probably the same for all weapon (at least shoudn't be the same) - they shouldn't move using sniper weapons only (I guess).

About meta list - I would prefer more precisly info (all info about all plugins versions including podbot mm, too).

Last edited by KWo; 28-01-2005 at 19:10..

Old
  (#9)
Rifleman

Default Re: Latest Reports - 29-01-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo
Yeah - if bot gets stuck with some teamnate - one of them (at least) should change the target WP and its "task". It means probably big job for sPlOrYgOn, but for this moment this change is impossible to do (he doesn't have time to do it now).
We can just fire several trace line during the game , if the traceline hit something a certain distance , maybe pause a while , then continue , ah I know , it will eat up quite a big amount of CPU power

Quote:
I still didn't get what do You mean by this zooming bug. Can You write a bit more lines of info to express this?
Perhaps , my english is worst , okay okay , now its the situation :

1 bot with sniper rifle meet another bot with sniper rifle , I get into the firstperson view mode to see how one of the bot combat , they zoomed their weapon , fire and ah , my screen say :

"xxx removed xxx head with the awp"

Then , I continue firstpersoning the killer , even when its enemy is dead (I mean , it dont have enemy anymore) , it DIDN'T re-zoom back to normal mode (fov = 90 is normal mode) and just left it and wander around with extremely slow speed , the problem with only be fixed when the bot reload its weapon , or when it meet another enemy etc etc...

Quote:
Bot is not moving during shooting to have better aiming. It's not a bug - it's "how it's supposed to do" (like sPlOrYgOn wanted). However we can discuss (in separate thread) what is better - don't move and better aiming (and easier to hit) or move with a bit worse aiming (and harder to hit). And it's not probably the same for all weapon (at least shoudn't be the same) - they shouldn't move using sniper weapons only (I guess).
Well , I think at very far distance ( > 1000) , if the bot is using sniper-rifle and its enemy DONT , then probaly it will just crouch there and dont move at all . While at shorter distance , the bot should stop a bit earlier before they want to fire their weapon (with sniper-rifle) .

Quote:
About meta list - I would prefer more precisly info (all info about all plugins versions including podbot mm, too).
And yes , you ask for it : , the second picture is to show the waypoint problem I told you all before
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	meta_list.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	601   Click image for larger version

Name:	waypoint_problem.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	602  

Old
  (#10)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Default Re: Latest Reports - 29-01-2005

May I ask where you got that waypoint file? As I said, I have two files (one based on the original by SoUlFaThEr and modified by KWo, the other one miodified by me, and both don't have that wrong connection.

I suggest you try the attached file and see if it gets any better.
Attached Files
File Type: zip wp_pbmm_cs_assault.zip (18.8 KB, 299 views)