.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > JKBotti
JKBotti The new generation of Half-Life bots by ghost of evilspy HLDMOpposing Force

[Suggestion] Make Light Reaction...+ More
Old
  (#1)
Stixsmaster

Default [Suggestion] Make Light Reaction...+ More - 24-12-2007

Is there anyway to make it so that when they see a flashlight they will react to it? Also, is it possible to make it so that like on the one default map for HLDM, forget its name, but the level where you walk into an nuclear player that is on 1 side of the level and you press the button, have the bots when you hit that button react by continuing to fight but they also try to at the same time get to that building to be in side in time for the nuke to hit...and while they are in there they continue to fight....and then on top of that have them fight out more on the helipad stuff in front of that building...

Other than that I use these bots for my server and they are much better than HPB_bot v4.0 except for when sumone joins a bot does not leave like with HPB_bot...I would like that feature back...but yea the bots are way more challenging and actually jump and duck more to dodge things...

---Stixsmaster

Re: [Suggestion] Make Light Reaction...+ More
Old
  (#2)
Rudolf Hess

Default Re: [Suggestion] Make Light Reaction...+ More - 24-12-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixsmaster View Post
Is there anyway to make it so that when they see a flashlight they will react to it? Also, is it possible to make it so that like on the one default map for HLDM, forget its name, but the level where you walk into an nuclear player that is on 1 side of the level and you press the button, have the bots when you hit that button react by continuing to fight but they also try to at the same time get to that building to be in side in time for the nuke to hit...and while they are in there they continue to fight....and then on top of that have them fight out more on the helipad stuff in front of that building...

Other than that I use these bots for my server and they are much better than HPB_bot v4.0 except for when sumone joins a bot does not leave like with HPB_bot...I would like that feature back...but yea the bots are way more challenging and actually jump and duck more to dodge things...

---Stixsmaster
Thats a very good idea.I don't know if bots support this yet but how about

bots listen for doors

bots listen for buttons

bots listens for health or ammo pick up

bots listen for chargers

bots listen for lifts

bot listen for ladders

bots watch for blood (see other post)

bots watch for gibs (see other post)

Old
  (#3)
Stixsmaster

all that is good and can you have them react to triggers/events...like when you hit the nuke button? and well all those are very good...those would make these bots superior to any others out there possibly even more than the CSS bots...or just the CS bots...

It also, would be nice to see them react to not just the light from a flashlight but from laser weapons like the laser from rpgs and from the laser on the pistol in OP4.

---Stixsmaster

Last edited by Stixsmaster; 24-12-2007 at 19:23..

Old
  (#4)
Rudolf Hess

Quote:
all that is good and can you have them react to triggers/events...like when you hit the nuke button? and well all those are very good...those would make these bots superior to any others out there possibly even more than the CSS bots...or just the CS bots...

It also, would be nice to see them react to not just the light from a flashlight but from laser weapons like the laser from rpgs and from the laser on the pistol in OP4.

---Stixsmaster
Yep those to that would excllent,not shure if would be a good for bots to listen for weapons could get hectic i think. Can you tell me please how did you get on for install for Opposing Forces? can't seem to get them workin for me. Could you please post up your Opposing Forces liblist please?

Oops one other thing i forget any chance of bot support for laying laser traps and ducking under or jumping over them don't want to much do i LOL?

Last edited by Rudolf Hess; 24-12-2007 at 19:42..

Old
  (#5)
ghost of evilspy

Default Re: [Suggestion] Make Light Reaction...+ More - 25-12-2007

Quote:
React to flashlight.. hm.. what would I do if I saw someone using flashlight.. hm.. well if user would be behind wall I would know he/she is. I could add this to sound/listen system.

Well that's special maps feature and adding support would be.. map specific.. could do maybe with per map waypoint configs.. lot of work (too much?), but would be cool feature. Have to think about it.

Quote:
max_bots/min_bots settings in jk_botti.cfg? I know servers using this feature.

Old
  (#6)
ghost of evilspy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolf Hess View Post
Thats a very good idea.I don't know if bots support this yet but how about

bots listen...
they already do

Quote:
bots watch for blood (see other post)

bots watch for gibs (see other post)
Hm.. maybe make bots go berserk and hunt down anyone who made that mess.

Old
  (#7)
ghost of evilspy

Quote:
hm.. how human players react to lasers.. hm.. look for source .. in combat.. ignore. Maybe 'add look for source of laser spot' to enemy search code.

Old
  (#8)
ghost of evilspy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolf Hess View Post
Oops one other thing i forget any chance of bot support for laying laser traps and ducking under or jumping over them don't want to much do i LOL?
Yes, could do that..

Old
  (#9)
Stixsmaster

Default Re: [Suggestion] Make Light Reaction...+ More - 28-12-2007

Well the react to flashlight effect could be multiple things like they could freak out and run away in fear if low in health or they if they had a lot of health could charge out to get you...and then react to laser could be if they notice it in their viewing point they could possible try to loose it so it does not follow them anymore and as long as they can see it within a certain time frame they still try to loose it and another reaction could be if they have enough health they loose it and then fight after try and find out where it is coming from and get the source....

Of course I can see this being a hell of a lot of work but at the same time being interesting and making the bots more human like...also possibility to make them snipe with crossbow a little better?

---Stixsmaster

Old
  (#10)
ghost of evilspy

Default Re: [Suggestion] Make Light Reaction...+ More - 28-12-2007

Quote:
Well the react to flashlight effect could be multiple things like they could freak out and run away in fear if low in health or they if they had a lot of health could charge out to get you...
Bots already avoid combat when low in health and try to find health kits/chargers. And in good shape charge at sounds if they don't see enemy.

Quote:
and then react to laser could be if they notice it in their viewing point they could possible try to loose it so it does not follow them anymore and as long as they can see it within a certain time frame they still try to loose it and another reaction could be if they have enough health they loose it and then fight after try and find out where it is coming from and get the source....
Ok, bot should have some reaction to lasers/grenades if it doesn't have anything else important to do.

Quote:
Of course I can see this being a hell of a lot of work but at the same time being interesting and making the bots more human like...also possibility to make them snipe with crossbow a little better?
They should be using xbow already.. do you want they to use it more when they have change.. or stop moving when shooting (which is completely wrong way of using xbow as stopping makes you way too easy target in hldm).