.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Some important Fritz Bot news.....
Old
  (#1)
Maleficus

Default Some important Fritz Bot news..... - 25-06-2006

Check out the MAIN page.

We are still releasing 0.70 tomorrow, so don't worry!

Cheers!

PS: after this sunday, I'm prolly going to be off the Net while I move and do all of the things I need to do, so don't be surprised if I disappear for the next two weeks.

Dum Spiro Spero

Re: Some important Fritz Bot news.....
Old
  (#2)
ko2a

Default Re: Some important Fritz Bot news..... - 25-06-2006

he ?? you have a english ->polish ?

Old
  (#3)
Valiant

Well well well. This is the coolest bad news I've seen in awhile. haha.

I must first say, congratulations on getting an official job doing what you clearly do best.
I'm not just dishing out lipservice here, I dug very hard for a solid Rtcw/ET bot that was easy to use but effective and challenging. I think this crew has made by far the best non-commercial bot I've played with in recent memory and it even blows away a few professional ones too IMO.

Its sad to know that the code is halted here, but on the upshot I can say with confidence that the bulk of the functionality is already there and with waypoints still being generated the lifespan of Fritz should still be well assured for some time to come.

It was an honor to make my small little addition to the Rtcw waypoint database, and I'll be peeking in as well from time to time for what little thats worth.

A big thanks to the top notch team for sticking around for guys such as myself, you always were a huge help and a kind hand up - for that I wish you all well. Again Congratulations Mal, you were always supportive of the little guys like me, so it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy - Keep up the good work and prove that solid A.I. makes any good game great.

The way is made clear when viewed from above.

Old
  (#4)
Maleficus

Thx!

BTW: fixed my oversight - credit to you is now included on the main page now.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#5)
Valiant

You're quite welcome.

I can think of no greater compliment at the moment than to be included in that list.

I realize its a simple gesture but it means a great deal to me, I appreciate that on a personal level. I can't say much beyond that, I'm grinning a little too hard to think of anything else.

The way is made clear when viewed from above.

Old
  (#6)
onepercenter

i wish u the best of luck on your job it's been fun, and the fritzbot will be here forever and still be the #1 thx alot for everything.

Old
  (#7)
Nova2001

You've done an excellent job throughout. Congratulations on your new job -- I have absolutely no doubt this won't be the last of your work that ends up very happily on my hard drive. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

(Oh, and once your new secret project comes out - let us know! I'd gladly pick up a copy, and probably cheer wildly every time a bot outsmarted me. Just like now.)

Old
  (#8)
Mase

because of my bad english i canīt say everythink i want to!
itīs sad to hear that the work on fritzbot will end! itīs THE best bot of ET (thatīs what i thinking of v0.60, and iīm sure v0.70 is much better).
so i have to say: a big thanks to the Team of Fritzbot for making this great mod! also thanks for you great help here in the forum! and Maleficus: congratulations to your new job!

A FritzBot Fan,
Mase

Old
  (#9)
FritzE

Default Re: Some important Fritz Bot news..... - 27-06-2006

Forgive my bold intrusion as a newbie in this forum (is just stumbled over this when diggin out my old rtcw beloved for an upcoming private lanparty and looking for latest DL's for it ...), but:

Would it be possible to hand over the source or even make it open-source so somebody could jump in and continue development?

Of course , i'd like to advertise for myself as a possible developer. Although normally doing non game-related stuff, i have plenty (~ 20years) of C/C++ programming experience in both OSS and CS environments. I'm primarily a Unix (Linux) guy, so this could accidently lead to having a Linux version available at some time ...

Here are some OSS projects, i participated:
- ISDN 4 Linux (project founder, initial driver subsystem design in Linux kernel)
- S/390 port of Linux (various areas, focus on network drivers)
- PLPTools (rev.-engineering of Epoc PLP protocol and design of OSS protocol stack)
- Various contributions to KDE core (in its early days before and until 1.0)
- Small contribs to CS (CrystalSpace)

More on request via PM.

Oh and finally, the most important reason for me being a possible candidate: my first name is Fritz

I would be really glad to see ongoing development ...

Again, being new here i probably hav overseen something so forgive my bluntness ...

Ciao
-
FritzE

Old
  (#10)
ANFSCD
Fritz Bot Fan Club

Default Re: Some important Fritz Bot news..... - 27-06-2006

I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving this project but I'm happy that you're moving on to something bigger, good luck at id! I can't say I'm surprised, if there was ever one to hire it would be you! I'm looking forward to see what you can accomplish at your new job, I know that I'll buy it (as long it has bots in it)

Thank you (and the team) for all your hard work. You've given new life to this wonderful thing called Wolfenstein and even made an oldschool rtcw fan actually enjoy ET aswell!