.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

The Waypointing Guide
Old
  (#1)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default The Waypointing Guide - 15-09-2005

Okay guys the waypointing guide for Fritzbot RTCW is up and complete. Be sure to read the guide carefully as to prevent any mistakes and such. Also be sure to check it often for updates as I will be updating it whenever needed.

Here is the link...
http://fritzbot.bots-united.com/tutorial/

There is also a downloadable version in the downloads section of the Fritzbot site if you'd prefer that instead.

Mal feel free to sticky this post.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Re: The Waypointing Guide
Old
  (#2)
lordbeaver

Default Re: The Waypointing Guide - 02-04-2006

Denny, can you also make a tutorial for ET waypointing? or is this guide also applicable to et waypointing. thanx.

Old
  (#3)
Maleficus

Default Re: The Waypointing Guide - 02-04-2006

The RTCW guide is very close to the ET nav system, except that the action/node numbers are different, and some new things have been added.

I know the documentation is kinda slim - this is the first release tho, and we're still ironing out some features (tanks aren't done yet, etc), so no guide ATM would be complete simply because I'm not done designing everything yet.

Its coming tho!

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#4)
lordbeaver

Default Re: The Waypointing Guide - 03-04-2006

yeah this guide seems to be working for et after i tried to follow a few instructions. in fact, i'm trying to waypoint some map already. yay

again, thanx for the tutorials. you guys are really doing a great job! cheers,

Old
  (#5)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: The Waypointing Guide - 03-04-2006

Good to hear lordbeaver. We definately could use more waypointers.

If you have any questions, post them in this forum or feel free to send me a PM.

Old
  (#6)
hale's computer service

Default Re: The Waypointing Guide - 07-07-2007

is there a waypointing guide for et? the rtcw one was different and i am just starting waypointing...

Old
  (#7)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: The Waypointing Guide - 07-07-2007

Welcome Hale;
(or should that be Hail Hale

The wiki has grown to be quite comprehensive for advanced waypointers, but as a beginning waypointer you should concentrate on just a couple, Denny's guide is quite good but Mal changed a small number of things for ET and added many new ones. So I have written a lesson plan for would-be ET waypointers like yourself and would appreciate it if you can find time to try it out and give some feedback. It breaks the learning down into the single pages that Denny made, and then provides brief information at each stage on how ET differs as well as some exercise questions and answers. Hopefully this also allows some natural breaks in the learning process that you can use to fit it to your schedule.

The other page is the main Fritzbot ET wiki page that lists just about all the editing commands, node parameters, action types, aiscript keywords. This will be your primary reference so save an off-line copy on your hard drive that you can open in a browser.

Once you get the hang of the in-game editor and console commands, then download a copy Of Hobbits ET Waypointing tool. This is an excellent tool for error checking the .nav and making corrections. It also has a first class aiscript editor that really helps in creating aiscript files from scratch. And as you become a serious waypointer the utilities menu will provide some critical tools for complex maps.

And finally don't be embarrassed to post questions and incomplete nav or aiscript files in the waypointing sub-forum. One of the older waypointers will PM suggestions back I am sure.

A /devmap awaits you and your imagination

Old
  (#8)
hale's computer service

Default Re: The Waypointing Guide - 08-07-2007

ok thanks! i will try your lesson plan, thanks for the help! just wondering, do you know any easy maps for beginners to start off with waypointing? thanks!

Old
  (#9)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

1) Bastogne (bunker.pk3 http://www.seashadow.it/listing/etmain/Bunker.pk3) is a simple loop with 2 small side rooms. Each team has gold to steal at one place and deliver to another. No ladders, no team doors, all you need are maybe some roam actions and some camps plus one steal action and deliver action per team. You will learn to place nodes, connections, turn around corners, place defensive camps, and steal and deliver. You can even waypoint it in a one-way test loop with roams instead of steal deliver actions to start then go on to learn how to do a steal action and a deliver action. It can even be used to show the effect of using routes (when placed at the steal action).

(2) 1024Comp_final.pk3 (http://www.seashadow.it/listing/etma...Comp_final.pk3) is a collection of very small maps with 1-3 objectives per map (e.g. dynamite).

(3) Stonehenge_KOTH.pk3 (http://www.seashadow.it/listing/etma...Comp_final.pk3) Is a simple grab and hold the flag map with some health and ammo cabinets and lots of places to hide behind for camps. You can also use it to practice writing campaign files (since this map can be first on a campaign list)

(4) nazi_bunker (http://www.seashadow.it/listing/etmain/nazi_bunker.pk3) isn't much but it has doors and mgnests and can be used to roam around in.

Last edited by TomTom; 08-07-2007 at 12:05..

Old
  (#10)
hale's computer service

ok thanks! i will try some those maps!

And God said "Let there be light." But then the program crashed because he was trying to access the 'light' property of a NULL universe pointer.

C++ is a loaded machine gun pointed at your feet with the safety off.