.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

bremen_b1/b2 and more
Old
  (#1)
Slicker

Default bremen_b1/b2 and more - 08-01-2008

Can anyone make waypoints for the following maps? I've played them and they seem to be fun.

Bremen_b1 or b2
crevasse (not sure which)
sottevast (not sure which)
karsiah_te2
et_assault (the actual one from rtcw)

I know it is asking quite a bit but is it possible to make waypoints for these? I can't, seeing as I understand nothing about waypointing no matter how much I read about it.

Oh also, is there a way to make a script so there are no promotions at all? And what is the command so that team landmines can be set off?

Last edited by Slicker; 08-01-2008 at 05:19.. Reason: Very curious

Re: bremen_b1/b2 and more
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: bremen_b1/b2 and more - 08-01-2008

I don't know of anyway to prevent rank promotions in FritzBot ET (why would you want to?). I suppose you could at an arbitrary point kick allbots, then make the game reload a new zero XP group of bots but map-team-balance would be impossible to guaranty.

I don't know of any way to universally turn off landmines in FritzBot ET. You could edit the waypoints to disable the Action hints for mineplanting or you could just start the game with the bots paused and in a never visited spot plant all 10 mines for your team then do the other team too.

Now ETPro and other mods may have these options using cvars but they will likely differ one from each other.

- RE:REQUESTS -

The bindlestiff did the waypoints for ET_assault_beta4a already, so maybe you can address your " et_assault (the actual one from rtcw)" to him. The others look like somewhat recent maps. I think I checked them out a few months ago but didn't see anything unique to tweak my immediate interest. Alas I don't see any real time available to work on any of them in the near future. I owe xgzoq one more kick at the V1rocket map, nova2001/nedd3h a final (alas inperfect) attempt at glider, I should beta-test Wolken6_b1 (which btw I updated Xmas Eve to 0.02), Figure out how to make my tankrace_b1 WIP into a practice map, then try to release- test about 4 others (2hide etc), and get back to finish the first WIP of airassfp1 (and package up an attempt at Bulldog that has me blocked).

Speaking for others (if I can) unfortunately the bindlestiff may be still busy with more important things for some time, Crapshoot is off helping another mod, and 420Blunt is already handling a couple of projects. As you can see we really do need more waypoiinters. I was really hoping engima1 was going to have the time to join our merry band but I have not heard from him for weeks. Anyway I will add your requests to the orphan wiki page for future reference.

Old
  (#3)
TomTom

Default Re: bremen_b1/b2 and more - 15-02-2008

OK so you don't feel neglected I have posted here a practice waypoint for karsiah_te2. The waypoint is complete except there are absolutely no camp actions! (thus the practice term.)

It is playable since the bots will bounce between roam actions but will not be the same quality of a released waypoint since the bots will not try to ambush you nor lie in wait at/near the radio. There are also no landmine plants defined.

So I leave it to you to either

(1) define a strategy that identifies where the camps should be, what class and team should use them, what do they aim for, and when do these camp get used and vice versa OR

(2) better and simpler still, read the wiki on waypointing actions and try out that aspect of waypointing in this map (remember to set /sv_pure 0 and to unzip the file instead of renaming its filetype and load it with /devmap karsiah_te2 instead of /map).

If you absolutely can't do the exercises to add your own actions but can describe them in a strategy doc then I will enter them in for you when I have time.

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Old
  (#4)
TomTom

Default Re: bremen_b1/b2 and more - 08-03-2008

Ok no takers so far so I will extend the same offer to any forum member and for bremen_b2 as well. That is I will post waypoints this weekend for bremen_b2 like those for karsiah_te with no camp actions, and minimal roams, no routes. All you have to do is describe a strategy of defense-attack, what camps where and when and ask me to implement it (or do it yourself). So who wants half the credit and your namesake bot on one of the teams?

Old
  (#5)
TomTom

Default Re: bremen_b1/b2 and more - 09-03-2008

As promised a bremen_b2 campless practice waypoint is here.

Come up with a list of camps, strategy and I will tailor it to your ideas

- or -

waypoint them in it yourself.

Old
  (#6)
TomTom

Default Re: bremen_b1/b2 and more - 14-03-2008

With 3 of the requested maps being included in the ET ultimate installer 1.5 I have decided to cover the remaining ultimate-installer-included maps as far as possible. So a full WIP of Wolken1_final will be posted as soon as I get some better bot team balance. Then I will look at Tournementdm2, Te_valhalla (and Bremen_b1?!?) asap. However Railgun will be excluded for some time at least.

Last edited by TomTom; 14-03-2008 at 07:02.. Reason: oops missed one

Old
  (#7)
TomTom

Default Re: bremen_b1/b2 and more - 17-03-2008

OK I have now posted bremen_b2, bremen_b1, tournementdm2, te_valhalla, and wolken1_final WIPs. I was not able to correct the imbalance in wolken1_final with equal bot teams, but it is enjoyable nonetheless. I will review my old supply waypoints next then pack them all into one pk3 file for those on filefront maybe next week.

All comments and suggestions welcome.

Old
  (#8)
TomTom

Default Re: bremen_b1/b2 and more - 04-04-2008

Lots of people viewing but none posting! hmmm Ok I just posted a new WIP of bremen_b1 (0.13) that shows how adding camps can make waypoints better I hope. I will leave bremen_b2 as a practice (no camp actions) waypoint for now so you can review bremen_b1 and copy what you like into bremen_b2 as an exercise.

I also have put much work into refreshing the waypoints for Supply, but alas the balance is one sided (Allies) so I will keep at it before I post them.

Old
  (#9)
Slicker

Default Re: bremen_b1/b2 and more - 19-04-2008

Thanks, it's good to see you're making the waypoints for these maps and I enjoy them, although you have waypointed two deathmatch maps

If I see any problems with the maps I will be sure to let you know

Old
  (#10)
nedd3h

Default Re: bremen_b1/b2 and more - 04-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
crevasse (not sure which)
sottevast (not sure which)

I just spoke to dersaidin and he told me that as of now no more work will be done on his maps.

Latest version are:
Bremen beta 2 + mapscript
Crevasse Beta 3
Sottevast beta 3b

http://dersaidin.ath.cx/maps/

For bremen_b2 it would be good to get the updated mapscript included in a waypoint pack.