.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Supported Maps Wiki Edit
Old
  (#1)
Nova2001

Default Supported Maps Wiki Edit - 05-05-2007

Hi, all. I have news of various flavors.

The bad news is that I got frustrated when I found that my waypoints were out-of-date, then frustrated when I couldn't find a place to talk about El Kef.

The good news is I felt motivated and started changing the ET wiki to address these types of issues for future generations.

The bad news is that I kinda suck at html, and so my chart came out looking weird (I funneled it through Word, WordPerfect, and Mozilla first).

The other bad news is that it's not done.

The good news is that I'll finish it in a few days, but I've gotta do real work for a little while.

The bad news is that there's some things I just don't know, like the most up-to-date version of Rommel, for example, so I skipped those parts.

The good news is that you nice people will probably happily fix my more aggregious mistakes, or at least complain about me in this thread until I fix them.

It's also good news that maybe the forum will be less dead for a while. Maybe. Please?

The end.

Re: Supported Maps Wiki Edit
Old
  (#2)
Nova2001

Default Re: Supported Maps Wiki Edit - 05-05-2007

Oh, it lives http://wiki.bots-united.com/index.ph...ts_In_Progress here, by the way.

Old
  (#3)
nedd3h

Thanks

Old
  (#4)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Thanks but if you don't mind I think it would be better on a separate page (IMO format mainly). Anyway I won't touch it for a couple of days so others can express their opinion. Right now I'm off to fix 10 pages real spammers have damaged...

- - -
btw: If you would like to learn how do easy wiki tables, I have added a simple bit of help to the sandbox page and I have reserved a new page for you to play in, namely Fritzbot_Waypointing_Map_Status_List

Last edited by TomTom; 05-05-2007 at 08:59..

Old
  (#5)
Nova2001

Thanks, sounds good. I have no problem with a seperate page.

Can't promise I'll get back to it before Tuesday... depends on if some folks call back or not. If they don't give me the specs, I guess I'll just keep messing around with Wolfenstuff. Otherwise, I'm booked.

Cheers!

ed: I've glanced through the sandbox. Pardon my ignorance, but what is this language? I know enough to tell that it's not html. Is it xml, which I've heard of but never seen?

Last edited by Nova2001; 05-05-2007 at 10:03.. Reason: addition

Old
  (#6)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova2001 View Post
ed: I've glanced through the sandbox. Pardon my ignorance, but what is this language? I know enough to tell that it's not html. Is it xml, which I've heard of but never seen?
it has it's own syntax:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Formatting

at the bottom of that page is a link that shows how to do tables

Old
  (#7)
Nova2001

Default Re: Supported Maps Wiki Edit - 06-05-2007

Well, I came up with a little bit of free time. I have the table almost translated from html into wikiwords, but it's still a ways from being done. The question I have is this: when linking to bsp files, am I allowed to link to the actual files? Or, alternately, should every bsp link simply point to www.etmaps.de or something similar?

Also, if I just made up the term "wikiwords," how do I copyright it before it becomes an Internet phenomenon?

Old
  (#8)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Supported Maps Wiki Edit - 07-05-2007

Good work! Yes I expect you can include exact links even with cgi stuff. But it might be polite to link to more than one site so as to spread the traffic load. The newer files have map URLs in the readme files.

- - -

Given how much trouble the American TV comedian Stephen Colbert had claiming exclusive rights to "truthiness", copyrights can be a bit of work to defend...

Old
  (#9)
Nova2001

Default Re: Supported Maps Wiki Edit - 08-05-2007

All right, I think I've filled in all the information I know. I thought the last two slots could be used for showing if there's a problem starting or ending a campaign, but I don't actually know which maps have the problems. I'll poke at that here and there, I suppose.

Please, anyone feel free to fill in any information you may have. If any errors have been introduced, let me know. Or fix it yourself. It should be pretty easy to find where to edit.

TomTom, I got your message, and figured out how to read it after I was already done. If that header would be more useful or clear, then by all means go for it.

ed: I can't find byzantine_final anywhere, although byzantine.pk3 is everywhere. Literally everywhere. Even BBC.com. If anyone knows where to get it, that'd be great.

Last edited by Nova2001; 08-05-2007 at 10:09.. Reason: addition

Old
  (#10)
asd123321

Default Re: Supported Maps Wiki Edit - 14-05-2007

The problem is where are maps that work with the last 1.00 pak. Downloading from the big archives. either the map doesn't show up in the game or no bots. It would help if maps known to work with Fritz are put in a particular place.