.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Re: Scripting problem
Old
  (#11)
the bindlestiff

Default Re: Scripting problem - 10-01-2006

Crapshoot, thanks for taking the time to check it out. Seems like we've been through this before with the pathfinding bug.

Looks like my little "entry" map has its share of bugs! I must be good at attracting them -- maybe I should take a shower?

Old
  (#12)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Need some deet really :p

There was another unexpected thing happening. The goal tracker was increasing to 2 on the doc grab after the door was blown. But, because both objective actions are in group 0, I thought that this wouldn't happen. I know that with 2 dynamite actions in group 0, it doesn't add to the goal tracker each time they are completed (only on the first one).

With the way things are set up with this particular map, in theory it shouldn't matter. But I thought i'd mention it for Mal...

Old
  (#13)
the bindlestiff

My limited experience is that with two dynamite objs in group 0, only the first one to blow will increment the goal tracker. The other will not, as you mentioned. BUT with a steal obj, it WILL increment the GT even if it started in Group 0 and follows the dynamite plant. I think that there are different rules for dynamite and steal objectives.

Old
  (#14)
the bindlestiff

I've been doing some testing since my last post. What I've found (and I don't understand why) is that three of the Close-In actions will reactivate correctly via the script, but four will not. Doesn't matter which two of the five actions are commented out. Doesn't matter how many of the Escape actions are being switched at the same time - two or ten.

It definitely has something to do with those actions. They are Roam and Camp actions, just the same type as the Escape actions which work flawlessly. Am I bumping up against some kind of limt?

My buddy the f0x just called -- we're going to play some more, so I'm off the forum for a few hours. Give the rest of ya time to think!

Old
  (#15)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Hmm, Crapshoot may be right here about the bug because the script looks fine to me. Also to note, i believe the group number is ignored on Active Forever actions so i don't think you can set them to be active forever once the tracker reaches a certain goal number (i'm refering to those group 1 AF actions you have). I may be wrong on that though and if so please mal let me know because i would like to know that, i always thought AF actions are active no matter what and the goal number is ignored on AF actions. I do know you can turn them on/off within the script though, i asked mal to add that feature and he did awhile back so i do know you can do that.

I'll take another look at it here in a bit. Also when doing toggles in the script, you should put the activateAction toggle before the deactivateAction toggle (or the true before false), i'm not sure that's a problem but you never know.

Like for example you have...

If_obj_home_false 2
deactivateAction 6
if_obj_home_true 2
activateAction 6

I would have it like....

if_obj_home_true 2
activateAction 6
If_obj_home_false 2
deactivateAction 6

Well for some things anyway, worth a shot i guess. I'll look still, try not to get discouraged by the bugs and problems though, consider it the learning curve.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Old
  (#16)
Maleficus

Steal actions will still advance the goal tracker, even if it was inherited, just because its a major game event. Dynamite will not. I may change this if it becomes a problem, especially for ET maps.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#17)
Maleficus

Yes, if turned on as "active forever", it stays on forever.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#18)
the bindlestiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Well for some things anyway, worth a shot i guess. I'll look still, try not to get discouraged by the bugs and problems though, consider it the learning curve.
I'm glad my learning curve has been on a small compact map. I really don't mind finding problems and fixing them -- it's just that I don't know all the rules yet, so I never know if I've hit a bug or if I'm just breaking a rule somewhere.

I'll redo the scripts to make the "true/activate" conditionals come before the "false/deactivate" ones and try that out. What takes priority for the cases of "true/deactivate" and "false/activate"

I'm taking a short break while the f0x is milking his dwarf goats, but then we'll be playing again. We've just spent an hour playing zion -- it's a tough map to win (as allies) because the axis have a very small area to defend. We get killed a LOT, but have managed to win most of the rounds, sooner or later. I'm definitely having fun, both playing and waypointing!

Last edited by the bindlestiff; 10-01-2006 at 06:47..

Old
  (#19)
the bindlestiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bindlestiff
My interpretation of "active forever" is an action that, once turned on, is forevermore immune to the state of the Goal Tracker. Once active, however, the action can be turned on/off by the script.
Mal, is this a correct interpretation of the Active Forever flag?

Old
  (#20)
Maleficus

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bindlestiff
Mal, is this a correct interpretation of the Active Forever flag?
Yes. I also found a bug with the return docs code: they won't run the scripts properly. They seem to run it fine when the docs are stolen tho.

Before you do anything else, give me some time to find the solution.

Dum Spiro Spero