.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Help from Denny needed.
Old
  (#1)
craig

Default Help from Denny needed. - 12-11-2005

Hiya.

This is my 2nd go at waypointing, and after discussions with Maleficus, i am at a bit of a loose end.

The map is mp_theguns (aka guns of naverone), and it is a superb map.

Truly worthy of needing a fritzbot script.

I've waypointed the whole map, set up all of the actions etc.., but it seems to not be triggering the goal state change when the 2nd objective is destroyed.

Could someone have a look ?

It's driving me mad.

Other than that, the game plays well, but only 2/3 of the map is being used - which is annoying.

The descriptions are in the zip file, and to see the problems, it is best to kick
all the bots, and just use one allied engineer to see what it does.

Hope for some help,
Craig.

Re: Help from Denny needed.
Old
  (#2)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Re: Help from Denny needed. - 13-11-2005

Damn! That's one of the maps i almost got done dude, it's been on my to-do list for awhile now and i'm almost done (well sort of) with it i wish you would have looked on that list before you started.

Oh well though, i'll help you with you're version (it's probably more further along than mine) no big deal to me. Just for future reference please, please, please check the in progress list on the Wiki (and any posts in the waypointing forum or whatever) before you start waypointing a map or get a hold let me or whoever's got the map on their to-do list know that you want that map and i'm sure they'll let you do it, that's just so we don't end up doing two waypoints for the same map (which ain't that big of a deal, but it's better to spread support), i got loads of maps i want to do so as i said it's no big deal to me.

Anyway, i'll check it out later tonight and post back anything i find. About the 2/3 of the map waypointed, that's fine, in fact i think for most maps you shouldn't path every single part of the map, as long as they play it well using what's needed then there's no need to path the rest.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Old
  (#3)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: Help from Denny needed. - 13-11-2005

I looked at it.

One problem is that the entity number seems to be set incorrectly on action 24. It should be 240, not 301.

the entity for the dynamite objectives should be the trigger_objective_info entity number. Sometimes its a bit tricky to get, but you can move the crosshair around a bit until you get it.

Also, for the node_connect in the script for action 24, it seems that it should be:
node_connect 173 190 true

I think that should solve your problems.

A tool that I use for troubleshooting possible group issues is the command /goal_num

This will display the current group that the AI is in.

Hope this helps

Re: Help from Denny needed - Thanks guys
Old
  (#4)
craig

Default Re: Help from Denny needed - Thanks guys - 14-11-2005

Thanks Denny & Crapshoot for looking at this.

Double thanks - firstly for spotting the problem, and second for the /goal_info command - I must have missed that one. Haven't tried rtcw yet, but it will be sure to help.

It'll probably be one of those things that you wonder how you did without it before you knew it.

btw - I wasn't meaning to poach a map - honest! :-(

I'm cool with leaving you to finish that map if you like - I always fancied just playing it, and did it more as a decent sized test.

Most of the time I was frustrated at not being able to get it to work.!
Let me know if you want me to pick it up again - either way is cool. There's no rush.

Since I'd thrown up my arms in defeat with that one, I am working on one called "Brescia1_1" atm.

It is pretty much complete - just trying to make it a bit less lethal. The sniper positions are virtually impassable - and I keep getting blasted.

I did get the mg42 gun positions to work tho - which suprised me. The number of times I've tried to get them to work, and it happened first time on that one.!

This map should prove to be a good one.

So I hope to upload it for you guys this week - time allowing.

Cheers, guys.
Craig.

ps. Next time, i'll even put a url to where to find the map.! (Duh)

Old
  (#5)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Re: Help from Denny needed. - 14-11-2005

No, go ahead and finish it (mp_theguns) i usually have tons of other maps to do anyway. And don't worry about it, it happens i mean hell, saves me time to work on other things, just let me know beforehand if you start a map that's on my to-do list so i can take it off and work on the other one's.

Can't wait to see how Brescia turns out, that ain't a bad map.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.