.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Changes not saved?
Old
  (#1)
SteelRat

Question Changes not saved? - 03-04-2006

Hi,

I just found Fritzbot and I am having a lot of fun with it.
Now I am working on support for one of the maps that I have designed but I am experiencing some issue with the Waypointtool.

I load my .nav file and then change some flags on acations and waypoints and then click on the write config menu option. Then if I reload my .nav file none of my changes is in the file??

Anybody got an idea of what I am doing wrong?

I need to understand what is wrong before I put an effort into making support for V2Base_TE.

Cheers,
SteelRat.

Re: Changes not saved?
Old
  (#2)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: Changes not saved? - 03-04-2006

Hi Steelrat,

The waypoint tool writes configs that you need to execute in waypoint mode. Check this page to see how to use them:

http://www.billnickel.com/WaypointTo...e/configs.html

Old
  (#3)
Maleficus

Default Re: Changes not saved? - 04-04-2006

BTW: added the waypoint tool to the fritz page's "links".

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#4)
SteelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapShoot
Hi Steelrat,

The waypoint tool writes configs that you need to execute in waypoint mode. Check this page to see how to use them:

http://www.billnickel.com/WaypointTo...e/configs.html
Thanks, I have been reading that and it is a good tutorial

So if I have to execute the cfg's in waypoint mode, how do I make the final files then?

I am obviosly doing something wrong as my bot's keep telling me they have no goal and that they are stuck.

I realised I was following the RtCW guide and I am editing for ET
As I understand the guide you are just to place the waypoints and the actions in the in game editor and then do the rest with the waypoint tool and the scripting, am I right?

Thanks,
SteelRat

Old
  (#5)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Yes, it's possible to add all actions and nodes in the editor, then modify them with the waypoint tool.

I still do a bit of both though; meaning I sometimes edit the actions / nodes in the editor.

If you send me the nav / script via email (check your pm's), I can take a look and get you pointed in the right direction.

Old
  (#6)
SteelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapShoot
Yes, it's possible to add all actions and nodes in the editor, then modify them with the waypoint tool.

I still do a bit of both though; meaning I sometimes edit the actions / nodes in the editor.

If you send me the nav / script via email (check your pm's), I can take a look and get you pointed in the right direction.
Thanks, I have got the file updates figured out now...easier when you read the tutorial correctly. I have all my waypoints set (well, I expect to move some and maybe fix one or two). I have added 9 actions at this stage, all of them are objectives in one way or another.

So I got all that working and have set them to the correct values (well, part from axis defending the docs that is currently set to none until I have got the rest working).

I still get the "I have no goal, I am stuck here" message from all the bots so I have obviously missed something fundamental although I can't find it in the tutorial.

Cheers,
SteelRat

Old
  (#7)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

I've answered this through email, but thought I'd post about it here too. For anyone reading the rtcw tutorial as a start, it's going to be an issue.

There has been a change in the naming conventions for the goal tracker. In rtcw, action_group was used for this. In ET, action_goal is used.

Documentation is coming, but tbh beta testing the mod and creating waypoints has been a priority; and most likely will be a priority until tank / mover support is finished.

For those of you that want to get a start on waypointing in the meantime, help is available through the forums or pm's.