.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Fritz ET is alive and kicking!!
Old
  (#1)
Maleficus

Default Fritz ET is alive and kicking!! - 25-01-2006

Just handed the waypoint tools to the waypointers, and work has begun on supporting the maps.

Stay tuned guys - Fritz ET is coming!!

Dum Spiro Spero

Re: Fritz ET is alive and kicking!!
Old
  (#2)
hsAG3NT

Embarrassed Re: Fritz ET is alive and kicking!! - 26-01-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficus
Just handed the waypoint tools to the waypointers, and work has begun on supporting the maps.

Stay tuned guys - Fritz ET is coming!!
Im excited for the new bots, im sure they will be really good like the rtcw ones were . I have to ask though, is max bots set at 32 still or can we hope for 64.

Old
  (#3)
Maleficus

Default Re: Fritz ET is alive and kicking!! - 27-01-2006

I prefer it to be at 32: I really can't stress enough how much of a performance/memory hit 64 bots would cause.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#4)
the bindlestiff

Default Re: Fritz ET is alive and kicking!! - 27-01-2006

Quote:
I prefer it to be at 32: I really can't stress enough how much of a performance/memory hit 64 bots would cause.
On my machine, 16 to 20 bots is enough to occasionally cause my frame rate to drop to 2-3 FPS during moments of intense bot activity. Using CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up the performance manager shows that the CPU usage is completely maxed out. This is on a 3-Ghz Hyper-Threaded Pentium 4 with a 2-yr old ATI video card.

Anyone have some suggestions about the optimum machine for running a high-bot map?

Old
  (#5)
hsAG3NT

Idea Re: Fritz ET is alive and kicking!! - 28-01-2006

Quote:
Ok. Should still be a lot of fun though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bindlestiff
On my machine, 16 to 20 bots is enough to occasionally cause my frame rate to drop to 2-3 FPS during moments of intense bot activity. Using CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up the performance manager shows that the CPU usage is completely maxed out. This is on a 3-Ghz Hyper-Threaded Pentium 4 with a 2-yr old ATI video card.

Anyone have some suggestions about the optimum machine for running a high-bot map?
To me it sounds like your graphics card might be at fault. Your CPU should be able to take the demand of 20 bots + rendering your client. Also you might need a memory upgrade. I am able to run 15v16 (with myself as the 32nd) with about 70-80 fps with a amd 3500, ati x800 and 1gb of ram. With my system I think it is the video card that slows me down because at other servers, I still get about the same fps, with much less CPU load.

Cheers!

Old
  (#6)
Maleficus

Default Re: Fritz ET is alive and kicking!! - 28-01-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsAG3NT
To me it sounds like your graphics card might be at fault.
I'd agree.

Bindle, if you check the Fritz user's guide, I think Denny posted a link to a site that had some info on tweaking your graphical settings. I have pretty much the same rig you have, and play with 32 on maps like Depot and never have any problems. Its just my GFX settings are scaled down more (tho still nice to look at), and the bots work fine.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#7)
hsAG3NT

Default Re: Fritz ET is alive and kicking!! - 30-01-2006

Quote:
I'd agree.

Bindle, if you check the Fritz user's guide, I think Denny posted a link to a site that had some info on tweaking your graphical settings. I have pretty much the same rig you have, and play with 32 on maps like Depot and never have any problems. Its just my GFX settings are scaled down more (tho still nice to look at), and the bots work fine.
Also since you arn't playing with pb, you can turn them down even more than the menu allows(no cvar checking). When I play on my laptop I have to use r_picmip 10 to get 30 fps.

Old
  (#8)
Maleficus

Default Re: Fritz ET is alive and kicking!! - 30-01-2006

Already have 3 maps supported! The bots already give a pretty good game, even in this early state of map support.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#9)
Aspirin

Default Re: Fritz ET is alive and kicking!! - 31-01-2006

Quote:
Already have 3 maps supported! The bots already give a pretty good game, even in this early state of map support.
I'm certainly looking forward to the release of the Beta. It's been years since I played on-line RCTW and it was a real blast from the past playing Fritz on Beach.

Old
  (#10)
DocFrog

Default Re: Fritz ET is alive and kicking!! - 05-04-2006

I have to thank Maleficus for a job well done!
I ran a bot server a year ago, with a french bot who i have forgotten the name of, who worked, what i thought then, quite well. But now i have seen the light!

I am very impressed by this bot and i will try to maintain my server for a good time!

Since i run a dedicated server with 5+5 bots ranting around, on a P4 1,7GHz/512MB, the CPU load, estimated average based on "eye logging" the performance manager, is about 15%. I haven't had the oportunity to watch it with real ppl on it yet, but hopefully i wil soon.

Right - The other left