.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

bots skill doesn't change why
Old
  (#1)
VBS

Default bots skill doesn't change why - 11-07-2004

hey
my probleme is the bots skill all the specifics bots are born to kill and not to die
so when i start a game it's to strong for me so i test the stupid to see their gameplay and then headshot soo what's going on since when a stupid bot kills
can it be that it doesn't take in consideration the changement when i add a specifique bot ? if not what's the probleme

if somebody know plz help me

that's all folks

Re: bots skill doesn't change why
Old
  (#2)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: bots skill doesn't change why - 11-07-2004

Yea..
we're currently trying to make the better bots, better, and the stupid bots, stupider...
the skill does change but there is little difference between the skills..

Old
  (#3)
VBS

Default Re: bots skill doesn't change why - 11-07-2004

okey thats cool

yeah but the difference is how they move but not how they aim or shoot i can't move my finger to shoot him that i'm already dead so like i said that's cool that your working on that can you just tell me when you'll finish this if you can plz

thx for answering me so quick

Old
  (#4)
Burnt Powder

Default Re: bots skill doesn't change why - 13-07-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPlOrYgOn
Yea..
we're currently trying to make the better bots, better, and the stupid bots, stupider...
the skill does change but there is little difference between the skills..
Yeah I noticed that the bots skill really is bad after the last dll I installed. This is even with minskill and maxskill set to 100.

It is as if they are playing with a ball mouse and when they move to target someone, there is a piece of dirt on the ball that is keeping them from actually targeting them and they blow an entire clip off into everything BUT the target, missing by 5 feet or more consistantly.

I used to have some trouble with the bots at 100 skill but it is nothing to go 60-2 in 30 minutes against them on a maps like Aztec, Inferno, Dust, and Dust2.

Last edited by Burnt Powder; 13-07-2004 at 21:52..

Old
  (#5)
Burnt Powder

Default Re: bots skill doesn't change why - 15-07-2004

Is there anything that I can do about there skill?

I mean it is bad (even when they are at minskill/maxskill 100). It is as if you are playing against a 2 year old that just pushes buttons and is not even looking at the screen.

When I first put PB on the server, I had people complaining that they were to hard and not fun to play against when I had it minskill 40 maxskill 60. Now at 100/100 everyone is a CPL player playing against someone who just bought a computer from Wal-Mart and decided to get CS as there first ever game.

I will be posting a demo soon to show you want I am talking about.

Last edited by Burnt Powder; 15-07-2004 at 08:21..

Old
  (#6)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

try http://www.mapzap.org/files/podbot/podbotBETA.zip

Old
  (#7)
Burnt Powder

Thanks I will give this .dll a try and post back in about a day or so on how the bots are performing.

Old
  (#8)
VBS

Default Re: bots skill doesn't change why - 16-07-2004

HEY

it doesn(t change anything this dll beta i tested to put minbskill 0 and max 19 and in the game i add an stupid bot but always kill me i have to run like superman if i don't want to die he make's headshot 7/10 and in the botskill menu the headshot % of probabilyt is on 0

it's like the potbotskill.cfg is not taked in consideration our it doesn't run or something like that

that's all

Old
  (#9)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

recoil can make it go from shooting at legs to bullets flying at heads...
I really don't want to do it like CS:CZ where there's very unrealistic stupid bots aiming 10 feet below the person's feet and firing at 1 bullet a minute...

Old
  (#10)
Burnt Powder

OK the dll dated 07/14/04 has not changed there skill at all. It is as described in my previous post. Now we have some good players on our server and some very VERY poor ones (majoity of the server) but no matter what, they both can rack up enourmous K/D ratios against bots on a single 30 minute map.

When I just go into the server by myself and am playing a 4v4 (me and 3 bots vs 4 bots), my teamates that are bots will have negative K Ratios but the four bot opponents will have rediculous scores of 2-15 , 2-14, 4-13, and 3-16 with my score being 60-2.

I do not know what has gone south but it did not used to be like this when I first installed PODbot back in late June and myself and others were challenged by the bots and many people cried for me to lower there skill when it was min/max of 40/60. Those same people did not become world championship players in a month and can now play against min/max 100/100 and whoop them like they are 4 month old infants playing the game.

Anyhow, I just downloaded and installed the dll that is dated 07/15/04 and will report back in about a day.

I really wish I had the know-how to help you out more with this but all I can do is keep testing the dll's and reporting my findings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sPlOrYgOn
recoil can make it go from shooting at legs to bullets flying at heads...
I really don't want to do it like CS:CZ where there's very unrealistic stupid bots aiming 10 feet below the person's feet and firing at 1 bullet a minute...
What I am talking about is not recoil rather really poor targeting. I will post a demo sometime....it is quite funny when aztec is on and you can rush DD with your knife out as T and never take it off, have 3 bots standing in the middle (top of steps area) and run at them and just weive from the left and right and eventually run past them all (as the are reloading after blowing there clips into no where) and still have 70 HP.

Last edited by Burnt Powder; 16-07-2004 at 07:50..