.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

Re: Problems downloading POD-Bot mm
Old
  (#11)
Huntkillaz

Default Re: Problems downloading POD-Bot mm - 20-10-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by >BKA< T Wrecks
@ Huntakillaz: Right. That's where I wanted to point our new lad. But when I went to your site, it said the traffic limit had been exceeded... that's why I didn't write anything about it.
really works fine now ???

wonder what my traffic quota is

●_•

Old
  (#12)
glabb

@Huntkillaz: Hey I actually saw the link to your website as well. Just that when I clicked on the link it said "Page could not be displayed" hehe...I'll try it again today.

@T Wrecks: Hmn, I just read your nickname over, and realised that it pronounces as T-Rex. Hahaha, I'm a bit slow Well anyway, thanks for the help with removing the command for auto addbot. As for the visibility tables, all's working well now. Except for awp_map. I'm going to try to get some other waypoint files from another website and see how that goes. Otherwise everything's running smoothly.

Now I can practice my CS without embarrassing myself on Steam

Thanks everyone!!

Old
  (#13)
glabb

Okay, I hope this is the last question I have to bother you with.

I've seen some servers on Steam have a ranking system. Is it possible to do this with the bots as well?

Thanks in advance

Old
  (#14)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Haha, first of all, you're not bothering us. That's what we're here for, and in contrast to some guys who really nag the living sh*t out of people, you have quite a pleasant way of asking stuff, believe me...

With "ranking system" I suppose you mean a kind of list, so that you can see for example: "You are #191 of 245 on this server" ? Is it more or less something like that?
I suppose it's some kind of plugin (quite possibly an AMX plugin) that does this. Since AMX can be "plugged" into MetaMod, i guess you could do the same on your home 'puter - IF it is such a plugin. Do you have the possibility to ask the server admin or other "regulars" on that server? Maybe they can tell you what it is.
However, I see a potential problem if the plugin is not programmed with bots in mind. I am really an ignoramus when it comes to coding and programming, but I think that bots and human players are detected in different ways, so it could happen that the plugin has problems detecting and ranking bots. Someone here once reported a problem with a plugin called PsychoStats (as the name suggest, a kind of stats/ranking plugin), but that was many, many dll builds ago... If I were you, I would try to search both the metamod and amx sites for ranking plugins and/or ask the server folks what they use, d/l and just try it out... if you run into problems, you know where to ask, eh?

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#15)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

AMX , AMX MOD X and StatsMe shouldn't have the problem with rank bots the same like human-players. But when You will use AMX with bots You can experience some side-effects like impossible get admin rights for aMX or something, because AMX is geting confused after joining player instead bot. This is known problem and already is solved in AMX MOD X 0.20 , but there isn't yet an official release of AMX with this fix (should be in AMX 0.9.10). StatsMe 2.8.0 beta 7 (the best for old CS1.5) doesn't have the problem with rank bots - the same 2.8.2 (for Steam CS1.6). For both of them You need to use this line in statsme.cfg (this one in statsme folder) :

// Allow for logging bots to top10
sm_rankbots 1

I don't know if the latest version of statsme supports bots without problems and lets them go to rank in the same way - I didn't try it.

Old
  (#16)
glabb

Hey again

@T Wrecks: Yep, that was the ranking system I was referring to. I checked out one of the online servers and found that they were using AMX. I'll try downloading that to "plug" into my metamod. Hopefully it'll work. Will update my progress once I've tried it

@KWo: Thanks a bunch for the AMX guide. Although I still don't really understand it haha. I'll go read a readme...

General Question: Do these MODs, for example AdminMod, MetaMod and AMX Mod allow me to run my own private server so that my friends can join through IP? I don't think they have a retail version of CS, so that's the only way they'll get to play.

EDIT: Oh, and I checked out PsychoStats...but the site said that it hadn't been released yet (the newest version or something). So I'll just wait for that. Besides, I have exams in a week, and I really shouldn't be spending so much time on Counter-Strike

Last edited by glabb; 20-10-2004 at 14:50..

Old
  (#17)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Sure, metamod, AdminMod, AMX and the likes can be run as well on a dedicated internet server as on a LAN server. They can even be run locally, on a singleplayer Half-Life game.

No respectable server out here, be it LAN or not, would dare to run without one of these mods these days

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#18)
glabb

Hehe, you're right. Mods change the experience all together

On another note, I installed AMX Mod, I forgot which version, but it's probably the latest (or at least I hope it is)...and I got the stats to work somewhat to record kills and deaths for bots. But it records all bots as only one player!! Haha...It was really weird.

If one bot killed another, the stats would read as Kills: 1, Deaths: 1. So I don't really see the point in having stats for bots, unfortunately. It records my personal stats correctly though.

Hehe, anyone know a way to overcome this?

I'll post back shortly if I have any more progress...

Last edited by glabb; 20-10-2004 at 16:16..

Old
  (#19)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

This is not AMX forum forum, so maybe I shouldn't answer here to this question, but I'll redirect You somewhere. About this what You didn't understand - You can read more here (it isn't in any readme, just some experience ):

http://djeyl.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=35992&hl=

About rank problem try use this:

http://djeyl.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=37998

The people noticed this problem many times, but I couldn't find this for You at AMX forum currently. If I'll find some more info, I'll re-edit my post.

[EDIT]
Here is the second link I found to this topic with one player only on the top10 (or top15) list:

http://djeyl.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=37392&hl=

Dunno why the people answered me nothing there - so I don't know if this my tip solved their problem or not. Maybe even You let me know if this help You or not.
[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
Next time try to don't go offtopic so much in the thread, OK?
[/EDIT2]

Last edited by KWo; 20-10-2004 at 18:53..