.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

After making nodes
Old
  (#1)
hale's computer service

Default After making nodes - 23-07-2007

I have programmed the map chicken bucket for fritz bot, I made all the nodes, and had 2 actions... once i loaded the map on fritzbot the bots didnt have any waypoints and didnt know what to do... I set the teams for the nodes and i cant find what to do to get the bots to follow the nodes... does anyone have any help for this?

And God said "Let there be light." But then the program crashed because he was trying to access the 'light' property of a NULL universe pointer.

C++ is a loaded machine gun pointed at your feet with the safety off.

Re: After making nodes
Old
  (#2)
the bindlestiff

Default Re: After making nodes - 23-07-2007

I assume you have created the waypoints using devmap and that the nav file is located in /fritzbot/bots/maps and the aiscript is located in /fritzbot/bots/scripts. You also should have sv_pure set to zero to enable ET to recognize the files (since they aren't packaged in a pk3 file).

What are the two actions that you created? The best ones that will work for all ET classes to use for testing a path of nodes would be roam actions configured for both teams. You should have nodes leading from both team spawn points to those actions if you want both teams to use them.

If you want to follow the bots around and visually see the waypoint nodes and actions, you must start the map in "devmap" mode. Follow the instructions in the Wiki for seting up a command line that does all the things necessary to run fritzbot. Mine looks like this: K:\ET WAYPOINTING\ET.exe +set fs_game fritzbot +exec JimsETserver.cfg +exec ETwaypointing.cfg. Within my ET waypointing.cfg I have the necessary commands to run the map (currently marketgarden)and other helpful keyboard waypointing goodies. I have attached it for you to look over. This file should go in the etmain folder, not in the fritzbot folder.

Just shooting in the dark, here. Will need more detailed info in order to offer more pertinent suggestions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ETWaypointingCFG.zip (1.8 KB, 491 views)

Old
  (#3)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: After making nodes - 23-07-2007

I suggest you do a quick check to see if the actions are active at the start of the map:

In the console type:
/g_action_info 0
and
/g_action_info 1
They should return Goal Num: 0
For Example
Code:
]/g_action_info 0

==============================
Action Num: 0
Allied Obj: 12
Axis Obj: 12
Goal Num: 0
Active Forever: 1
Closest Node: XXX
Radius: 70
Classes: 0
Original GoalNum: 0
Group ID: 5
Linked Actions: -1 -1 -1 -1
Action EntNum: 1023
==============================
]/goal_num
AI Goal Num = 0
]
would be the result if the first action you added in the map was added by the console command:
/action_add 12 12 70 1023 1 5 0

- - -
btw Hale, interesting choice for a first waypoint. If you want the bots to activate the jukebox there is a way to do so but it is an advanced scripting topic, so I suggest you concentrate on building the command post and getting bots inside the eating area to fight. Once that is working one of us can show you how the bots can be drawn to the juke box, and their presence detected.
---
Hey the bindlestiff, so you finally revealed your secret cfg recipe, nice!

Last edited by TomTom; 23-07-2007 at 09:30..

Old
  (#4)
hale's computer service

Default Re: After making nodes - 30-08-2007

ok, i have been kinda lost with the waypointing, i got some more questions for this,

After I put acouple nodes on a map and then save it, after i close wolfenstein and restart the computer, when i load wolfenstein with fritz on that map, all the nodes are gone, can i load the nav file again?

And God said "Let there be light." But then the program crashed because he was trying to access the 'light' property of a NULL universe pointer.

Old
  (#5)
the bindlestiff

How about giving us some concrete details. Exactly how do you save the nav file? What steps do you take to try to reopen it? Is there another waypoint file in a pk3 lurking about? Do you have sv_pure set to zero? Have you checked the folder fritzbot/bots/maps to be sure the nav is in there?

It's hard to troubleshoot with so little data. Kinda like telling the auto mechanic "my car sounds funny."

Old
  (#6)
hale's computer service

ok, sorry about not explaining it real much, I uploaded my waypoints for chickenbucket and would you be able to look it over and see what i have wrong? the bots still dont know where to go and i set about 100 nodes and 2 objectives. I cant figure out whats wrong with it

-Dillon
Attached Files
File Type: zip extratct this for the nav file.zip (1.2 KB, 488 views)

Old
  (#7)
the bindlestiff

Default Re: After making nodes - 31-08-2007

OK Dillon,

You have a bunch of problems.

1. Immediately after you load your map and waypoints using the "devmap" command, ALWAYS check the console (the tilde key) for error messages. Here's what I saw:

"WARNING! This file has no action nodes!"
"WARNING! No script file found for this map! The bot will not function properly without it!

So that should have given you a clue!

2. Your node paths are all ONE-WAY. A bot will only be able to follow a path to the end, at which point he'll stand there.

3. Some connections are missing, breaking the paths.
Nodes #0 and #1 aren't connected, so the Allied bots have no way to leave their spawn area.
Nodes #22 and #84 at the juke box aren't connected -- Axis and Allied bots will get there by their one-way paths and will just stand there.

Why don't they shoot at each other when they arrive and face each other? Well, they can't see one another! You didn't make an aiscript file and therefore the bot sight distance wasn't specified (default = 0).

4. When an engineer (Allied only because of the one-way path) builds the command post, a large antenna is constructed right in the doorway he came in, trtapping him inside (unless you make a path through the other door instead).. You should do a "node_disconnect" in the aiscript to take this into account, opening the path when the CP is built and closing it when it is blown up.

5. Some minor path errors: Node #27 is connected to itself. Node #43 is connected to #35 through several walls. Node #1 has the ladder flag set but there is no ladder, just a jump down. This makes the bots walk to the node, which is not something you want to do at spawn unless you want to slow things down and have a traffic jam.

6. I place a couple of roams at the juke box and had no problem with the bots going there (one-way, of course). And I placed a CP action at the CP.

7. To see a couple of bots run, in the console type "/addbot mom" to start an Allied engineer, type
"/addbot fox" to start an Allied soldier, and type"/addbot mal" to start an Axis medic. Then fololow them around as a spectator. The engineer will go to the CP, build it and get stuck because the one-way path ends there; the other two will meet at the juke box and kill each other (provided you use the aiscript enclosed).

8. You STILL haven't given us any information about what steps you follow where you aren't able to save your actions, so I can't help you there.

Attached is the nav with the actions added and the default aiscript.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bucket_v2.zip (1.7 KB, 478 views)