.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > The Agora
The Agora This is the place to go if you have suggestions, or if you want to participate in Council discussions. Everyone is welcome!

Re: Uniform Bots-United and its bots
Old
  (#11)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Uniform Bots-United and its bots - 04-07-2008

Also in addition; when you click a game and click on the submit button "find related bots" we can show a list; catogerized by MOD. SO you get:

Counter-Strike
POD Bot
RealBot
NNBot
JoeBot..
RACC..

And with every bot we could perhaps somehow link the latest news date, so we can show it how 'active' it has been.

Then we can make a KPI (Key Point Indicator) showing GREEN when it is recently updated (recent is < 1 month) , a bit less recent is < 3 month and longer than 3 month may occur red. If longer then a year it should show "frozen" or "dead"?

We could also sort on that , so we show most active bots first to make it easier for the user to see what bots are at his disposal.

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#12)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Re: Uniform Bots-United and its bots - 04-07-2008

I think it is a big picture

Well, it is a big and good idea. The programming will probably take some thought.
If it is mysql it will be easier, and have bot groups, for example if stefan posts, his news on the main page will show up as the group name instead of the username....

It sounds like a good project. Maybe extensive for a single person.

But to be advertised, you must first advertise and/or give a service.
Maybe you could add a spot under the main links for a random ad.
(Simple ad service for your partners in crime ).

I'm willing to help in anyway, if you make a bots-united ad (banner) I'll put it on my website.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#13)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Uniform Bots-United and its bots - 05-07-2008

Podbobot mm is active. I do the support and I'm writting the new code all the time. I think podbot mm is now the most active project here...

Old
  (#14)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Sounds great

Ofcourse, it takes time and investments must be made. But perhaps if we take this to the next level, other bots might jump in and join the ride. In that case, we attract more traffic, have more life here, and so on.

We'll never be rich anyway

ANcient, you seem to have some (or sufficient) PHP knowledge. I can lend a hand but my PHP skills are not l33t. I once wrote a simple CRUD application with it (usingt mysql as database).

Do you need anything to get started if you want to help out?

Btw, its a good idea to have a random add on the front page about a bot we host!

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#15)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

@Kwo, thats great. It would be a shame to see PODBots die anyway. I am glad there are many offsprings (like you have EPodBot as well).

Perhaps the question active/not active and be done by concluding activity by the latest post made on the website. It is simple and efficient. Perhaps we need to think about a frequency of posts, else you could just sometimes post a message and you are suddendly 'alive' while in fact you just posted a message "happy new year" after 2 years of inactivity

Old
  (#16)
Ancient

Well, I don't really need anything to get started.
Do you think we can get a test subdomain under bots-united so we can test and build the portal before uploading it to the real directory?

If not, I can quickly make a simple ftp and subdomain at CFEGames.

I have Front Page 2003, Microsoft Expressions and Zend Studio 5.5.0. Zend will probably be the best. If you want it, I think I have it in my downloads section.

Is there a specific templating system in using? I would like to humbley suggest Smarty. site(http://smarty.php.net) forum(http://www.phpinsider.com/smarty-forum/index.php).

CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com

Old
  (#17)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

We could ask Onno if he could create portal.bots-united.com , and when it is ok, we could swich domains i guess.

Somehow he does not reply to my e-mails so perhaps it is better to send it via this board.

I don't know smarty, but if you know how it works and you can work fast with it, it is fine with me. I guess there has to be a simple way to implement the template system into all other bot sites.

I know some PHP and i have MYSQL running on my pc as well, so if we can keep each other updated we could set up the site locally as well.

I'll give Onno heads up about this post and i hope he will read this and make some things possible. In the meantime, try to set it up locally if you can, and if you want keep me updated (send me an e-mail , or pm).

Old
  (#18)
Ancient

Well, I didn't know all other sites were going to be changed.

hmm...
It can be easily changed, but Smarty is more like a data sorter/organizer.

If you have any specific template system, I am always willing to learn different things.

Are you sure about the iframe?
Because you can always refresh everything, although it may be a .000003 slower, it still loads quickly and most or all data will be up-to-date.

CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com

Old
  (#19)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Uniform Bots-United and its bots - 07-07-2008

Don't stick go the iframe specifically. Its about the general idea. So of you want to use php include its fine with me. Damn typing on an ipod touch is crap.

Old
  (#20)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Uniform Bots-United and its bots - 07-07-2008

@Stefan, instead thinking how to change the image of BU (to get more traffic here), just try to figure out what Bailopan did with his SourceMod and how he is handling weapons, then create the working bot for CS:S and the traffic here will increase by it-self.