.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Offtopic
Offtopic Just anything. You have time to waste ? Prove it !!!

Re: I am gonna make my own repetoire for music... what do ya say?
Old
  (#11)
TruB
One Eyed Freak

Default Re: I am gonna make my own repetoire for music... what do ya say? - 19-06-2004

cd cover.. want something special?.. 3d maybe?

Old
  (#12)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: I am gonna make my own repetoire for music... what do ya say? - 20-06-2004

Actually i have made something my own, very simple... but perhaps could be refined here and there. However, i DO like SIMPLE yet EFFECTIVE. Here are shots of the covers... front and back.

Sorry for the big downloads btw (600k each)

I have resized them to 800x600 (they are better quality on my HD):

FRONT:

BACK:

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#13)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: I am gonna make my own repetoire for music... what do ya say? - 20-06-2004

rofl, Stefan already sees himself as the new Elton John

is that the same tune you made me listen to ?

Quite cool, but personally I don't like the style. Soft. Weepy. Girlish. Bah

nah, I won't beg for an autograph

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#14)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

lol. No. I don't like Elthon John at all hehe. So don't compare me with that

Anyway, what you have heard is different from this song as this song was recorded/made up/etc in 15 minutes and the piece you heard was the very first test i made.

THere is not much to do atm but recording soft stuff. Untill i get myself a good drumcomputer (software) and a music maker... then we'll be talking

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#15)
yangmungi

nice chord progression it is nice. I Agree with Dead bwoy it does sound like a motion picture song. If you wrote this live (You physically played it with pure improv), i sing VERY high praise.

Old
  (#16)
rob

tried fruity loops?

http://www.fruityloops.com/

Old
  (#17)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

never heard of, it wants me to register i see. I willt ake a look at it later, i already called a friend of mine who has a legal copy of some music studio and he might lend me it... if i like it i might get a copy too

Old
  (#18)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Fruity Loops? Sounds like a breakfast cereal...

Hey stefan, just listened to your piece, and actually I hadn't expected it to be that good. Look, I normally like Rock & Metal, and in most cases I hate songs that are composed on a keyboard because they tend to sound sterile, symmetrical, lifeless, boring and constructed, whereas songs composed on a guitar sound more organic and natural, IMHO. Now your song IS somehow constructed and far from exciting, and I sure wouldn't listen to more than 10 minutes of that style the way I prefer to listen to music: volume up, eyes closed, full focus on the music and then take a plunge into soundscapes. But as some others said, it makes a good background music; maybe for a movie indeed. Of course for a scene that has nothing to do with action... An entire CD like this might be nice if you want to spend some time caressing & smooching your GF as if there were no tomorrow... nice, really. 9_9

Your CD cover idea is nice, but I don't like the back cover. Just inverted colours, nah! And I'd keep that "@" out of the name. It just looks too geekish. You could as well add a sticker "from the maker of RealBot" - both wouldn't really help to support the atmosphere you want to create with your music. Coder Ambient, hehe...
Oh, and since the cover image is so symmetrical, you might consider putting the name right in the middle, too, or make it a bit smaller and/or a bit translucent, so as not to destroy the symmetry of the cover.
[/nagging frenzy]
But all in all, a nice start! Thumbs up.

Btw, do you like stuff like the Unreal soundtrack? I got some MOD (STM, S3M etc.) files on an archive CD - mostly from the early 90's, and I really love some of that stuff.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#19)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Actually i like to go in some sort of Jean Michael Jarre style (its a frenchman so PMB should know him... ).. I have been to a concert of him when i was 15 and i am still impressed. I do intend to do more fast paced numbers, but id on't have the software or materials to create such a thing. I also just do things as i like. I don't want to force myself on writing something. I already figured out that it won't work.

About the cover, i think it should be like "at" (in small) and then Dawn bigger. Perhaps AT should be cursive too. anyway, its just a sketch

I downloaded a free music maker thingy, but it keeps on crashing and its to messy to work with. I jus thave to wait for the real thing

Old
  (#20)
Zacker
Project Leader, Lead Level Designer, Waypointer

Default Re: I am gonna make my own repetoire for music... what do ya say? - 21-06-2004

I really like the track. I agree with most others regarding that it would fit very well as soundtrack for a movie. I doubt I would buy a whole CD with this kind of music.

Loose the @Dawn, its far from cool. I think Stefan Hendriks would be fine