.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Waypoint request
Old
  (#1)
_WOLF

Smile Waypoint request - 05-04-2007

First of all I would like to thank everyone who worked on this mod and all the waypointers out there. Great job!

Concerning requests, some of my favorite maps are classic RTCW maps ported to ET and I would love to see waypoints done for at least some of these:
  • Marketgarden
  • Tram
  • Tank
  • Ressurrection
These waypoints were done for the RTCW mod so I'm guessing you guys could go from there...

Other waypoints i'd like to see are:
  • Saberpeak
  • Byzantine
  • SupplyDepot(in progress -> GREAT!)
  • Helmsdeep
  • Cathedral_final
Thanks in advance. Keep up the good job!

Re: Waypoint request
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Waypoint request - 05-04-2007

Because the first 4 were done for RTCW you should pm those waypointers to see if they have any desire to port/redo the work for ET. (They get first refusal). Myself not supporting RTCW I can not port/copy their work, only start from scratch.

Of the others:

Saberpeak: I will post some testing waypoints in a few weeks evaluating the Allied support to move the gun boat. Should another waypointer volunteer to take it over they can have the testing work as is.

Byzantine; Probably could do a WIP for it quickly. But no time before May.

Supplydepot is essentially beta right now. It needs user feedback and a change in the behavior of the axis bots that Mal might include in an update after ET:QW is released. Please feel free to grab it from my website, play it and post any comments to the existing thread.

Helmsdeep: I loved the original 6 books, hated the 3 movies, and find the map just not exciting for the most part. I only ever enjoyed the fight at the end. When I waypointed it for bobot 1.03 The bots were too good for me to do sniping up high.

Cathedral_final: I like the mappers textures but the maps are out of sync with the general theme of ET (where is the battle damage?). Never played with humans so would be better for somebody else to volunteer.

Currently I am proceeding with the third of four tests needed to make Northpole worth playing. The cannon and cablecar are OK but the tunnel geyser jump is a problem. The reindeer butt kick I still have not started testing. (Such a silly map!). Between tests I'll do 1 or 2 really quick small maps (Summer_palace_b1, DONE, sos_secrest_weapon should be the next WIP coming). Ammodepot done and 2hide is essentially waiting for feedback, Lighthouse and NOTW have hit some wierdness so they will be delayed. And I may revisit MML_church to add button support. So I am very BUSY. sorry.

Old
  (#3)
_WOLF

Thanks for such a quick reply. I'll try to get in touch with the original waypointers for the RTCW maps.

As for the remaining maps, you don't really need to justify yourself for being busy...
I imagine that, like myself, most of you have a life beyond ET and I respect that.

As for Helmsdeep, I really enjoy it... The only downside to it is if teams are unbalanced. I must have played it hundreds of times, and I always play axis so I should know...

PS: downloading your beta pack now...

Old
  (#4)
the bindlestiff

My good buddy f0x asked me about waypointing MarketGarden recently since it was one of our favorite RTCW maps. So I have begun working on this version:
"MarketGarden_et_r2"

I'll post when it's ready to play.

Old
  (#5)
_WOLF

Good to know. I don't have much spare time, but if you need feedback on your in-progress work just let me know...

Old
  (#6)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

I think 420Blunt had some WIP's for Tank and possibly Resurrection at some point. As far as porting from rtcw waypoints, the nav files are not compatible.

Old
  (#7)
TomTom

Default Re: Waypoint request - 06-04-2007

I did say port/copy. Experimentally (tested with mp_beach) the nodes and connections appear possible to port (granted a small number of flags to be corrected). Actions etc. are very screwed up.
So a suggested recipe (experimental) would be;
1- Verify that the map origins are the same in ET and RTCW. It is not worth doing if you have to move every node.
2- Wipe out all the actions and routes in the rtcw waypoint editor.
3- Save the nav file (assumes you backed up beforehand any rtcw wip). Then move it to your fritzbot\bots\map directory.
4- There seems to be a rev flag at pos. 10 in the file (03-rtcw 07-et) which may optionally be changed with a hex editor.
5- The nodes may possibly be opened with Hobbits et waypoint editor but expect some errors messages (index...). Saving may also be problematic (path..) but I seem to sometimes be able to fool it into saving.
6- backup your experimental nav file.
7- open the map in ET and enable the editor then vid restart to verify the node placement.
8- if it looks good, try /node_save
9- Now see if it will load in Hobbits tool without error messages.
10- if ok search the node flags and correct them as needed. (or do it in the game console)
11- save and re-start ET, and one by one functionally copy the actions and routes as seems reasonable keeping the same action IDs. (you need to have both games open).
12- Finally correct for any differences between the ET and RTCW maps and add stuff for cvops etc to do. Test and modify to bring the play up to ET standards.

Granted if the recipe works it is not a huge time saver and not for novices.

If I had exact file format specs I could program a full converter (including actions and routes) but as I said before I could not test it properly unless I went out to buy a copy of rtcw.

Standard disclaimer: Stunt driver on closed track. Drive at your own peril.

Old
  (#8)
TomTom

Default Re: Waypoint request - 25-04-2007

re: Byzantine:
Found and fixed a couple of minor bugs in the Byzantine-Final.pk3 that I downloaded (warehouse/safehouse construction materials disappear on decay final). Saw a post suggesting a version of Byzantine_final may contain some fixes but the name was unchanged, so I have not downloaded from other sites as yet. (update: found byzantine.pk3 internal dates are newer than byzantine-final internal dates but script files appear the same)

Anyway regardless of that, here is my question:
In the map script if nobody gets both objectives to the truck the match continues ad infinitum. I propose that at the 30 minute time-limit the match be awarded to that team that was first to complete their one objective. If neither team has delivered to the truck it goes to Axis. Do you object to this map change? Do you want some other determinant of match winner?

Last edited by TomTom; 25-04-2007 at 06:30.. Reason: after download of byzantine.pk3