.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

View Poll Results: Do you think this is a cool map?
yes { 2 66.67%
no }:0 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

suggestion for fritz map!
Old
  (#1)
hale's computer service

Arrow suggestion for fritz map! - 07-07-2007

i have a suggestion for a Fritz bot map, it is called O's Panzer arena, I am trying to make it myself for fritz but i feel dumb saying this but i have no clue how to make a .nav file, i am all screwed up with it!

but... it would be really fun to have that map on Fritzbot, i am hoping someone can make it!

here is a download link for the map!
if you can make it, i would greatly appreciate it!!!
http://turkeyfiles.escapedturkey.net...anzerarena.pk3

Re: suggestion for fritz map!
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: suggestion for fritz map! - 07-07-2007

Sorry Hale wrong sub forum wrong map. Looks like mapper never finished it, he put the map script in the wrong directory. Could have become a KOTH I think. But Fritzbots are designed for ET reality not mod-art low grav silly. But if you really are set on it, I suggest you just camp the bots near the bottom and aim them skyward, then play it one bot team vs yourself. That is an easy first waypointers exercise, and should wean you off the map. After that you could progress to waypointing a map with objectives like bastogne bunker.pk3 (a good first time waypointers exercise).

(in future please address map requests in the waypointing sub forum)

Old
  (#3)
hale's computer service

ok, i didnt know that the map was never finished, sry about posting in the wrong place. but, i am having a problem with the fritzbot waypoint maker, i dont know where to make a .nav file from, it says on their guide that it can either be made in game or from software that you have... that is thepart that i dont know, ... do you need software for making the .nav file?

Old
  (#4)
TomTom

Thank you crapshoot for moving this thread.
The nav file must be started in the game. Hobbit's software tool cannot add or move nav elements, only edit their parameters. First:
(In brief)
To start:
open ET, open mod menu, select Fritzbot mod, once loaded open the console and use /devmap to open the map and once loaded open the console and type /sv_pure 0.
(I have no patience for that much work so I create a shortcut like for bastogne (bunker.pk3) the shortcut properties would be;
"C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" +set fs_game fritzbot +sv_pure 0 +g_gametype 2 +devmap bunker
And if the map is a very big map I can add
+set com_hunkmegs 128
to the end JIC. Don't forget to set the Start In field C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1)
Next: set up some bind keys for adding nodes, actions and routes. You can use the Fritzbot submenu to set these and a couple other useful bind keys. Another bind key that is useful is to type in the console;

/bind F6 "node_add;node_autoconnect"

which in this case makes the F6 key add a new node and connect it to the previous node when the waypoint editor is enabled. BTW these bind keys are saved to your player cfg file in fritzbot/profiles, so you may want a different player name for waypointing if you have game keybinds that you want to keep.

Now in the Fritzbot editor you should have bound a key to do a Vid restart. So in the sub menu set the Node Editor ON, In-game HUD to Nodes, Draw to Everything, Draw Radiuses to Off and Draw Distance to 256 or 512. Then escape out of the menus and hit the key bound to do the Vid restart. The game may disappear for a couple of seconds then re-appear in the map load stage, then you are back. But Nothing Changed except for some text? well if no nav file exists that is correct. If you want to see a finished map copy the shortcut you made above and change the map name at the end of the properties following the +devmap to say battery.

Any way in whatever map you are in use the key bound to add a node. Then back off and you should see a Red vertical bar with a greenish number above it. Move back a bit more and repeat. There should now be 2 such bars with successive numbers. Open the 2 line console (ctrl`) and type /autoconnect. There should be 2 white lines crossing in the middle between the 2 red bars. You have made your first 2 way connection that bots can use to navigate to find their objectives.

At this point I refer you to continue with the tutorial here.

BTW after placing your first 2 nodes in a blank waypoint I find I need to do one more vid restart to correct the unused connections from 0 to -1.

Old
  (#5)
hale's computer service

Default Re: suggestion for fritz map! - 08-07-2007

thanks for the help TomTom, but how hard would it be to config this map to fritz? i am a serious n00b at this stuff, when i typed in /sv_pure 0 at the panzerarena, i clicked enter but nothing happened... am I doing anything wrong? I read the first part of the tutorial and it didnt really help... Can someone make the .nav files for me?

Old
  (#6)
TomTom

Default Re: suggestion for fritz map! - 08-07-2007

sv_pure is just a system variable (server cvar) it does not dispense candy. When turned off (0) It just allows ET to use the unpacked files you will be creating. Without that setting you wouldn't see your work when you restarted the map. Other variables don't feed back anything when you hit enter. If you are unsure they changed then type /<cvar-name> to see the cvar value and default value. I.e.;
Code:
]
]/svpure 0
]/svpure
"sv_pure" is: "0" default: is "1"
]
Ashes to Ashes Dust to Dust, We all were once Noobs and Noobs we will become.