Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Ideas
Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

podbot notices.
Old
  (#1)
[NvT]_KaszpiR_

Default podbot notices. - 25-04-2005

first:
i noticed that when bot gets attacked he saves the last opsition of the emeny (or the waypoint the colsest to the pisotion, if i'm correct)

the problem is when they decide to abandon the place and run somwhere else
they still look in that direction causing them ro usually run backwards or look into stupid places in moments the normal player would look where he goes (well, the basic idea)

would be nice to change teh behaviour so that bot would forget the dangerouns place and started to look around after some time (like diceded the enemy was not seen long enough , so the enemy could escape and the place i am looking is no longer so dangerous, let see somwhere else)

second:
would be nice if bots could look around more often

third:
sometimes i feel like bots are deaf, but it seems it depends on level
many times i was able to run to bot from the back and shot full series abohe his head and he behaved as if he heard no shots!
of course they react when getting hit.

fourth:
this is a tought one i think, cause it interferes with path waypointing
is it possible to add extra routines so bots could choose the another way to the point on the map. they often repeat the same movenets to get into some place on the map
in example jumping form gallery when runnign form CT spawn and getting to the box on the left after jumping

would be nice if they coudl also jump differently but i guess the algorithm of path finding is written in sucha a way that to obtain shorthest path in the given search time (so when determining the way they get usually the sam path)

i'm not sure if it is possible but maybe adding some random checkpoints to reach before getting to the final waypoint (random wp would be chosen from teh list ow wpts that are in given range from destination waypoint)

five:
on de_ maps (well maybe not on csde) if bomb planted and all terro killed, then ct bot should not behave as if there were enemies on the map.

six:
picking items and defusing - seems bot tries to get to the item coordinates and perform action - well, if the item is unreachabe he is spinnign aorund in the area making him an easy target that does not retuns fire

i notieced form example on dust2 that there is a place that when bot plants the bomb (standing on the green box) then the bomb gets planted, and the defusing bot walks up to the green box and tries to reach the c4 that is under its legs (so bot is exackly above c4 but higher and cannot reach it)

solution would be to determine the best way of reaching the place by let say checking 14 vectors from d4 place and checking if they are not blocked (i know, very blurry idea)

seven:
throwing - is it possible to lear bots to throw nade by bumping it from the wall? (cause sometimes throwing in the only vertically is not always sufficient

eight:
shield - anyone knows good method of detecting and blocking the shield buying by bots? (can be amx plugin )

those are my ideas.
i know the difference between what users want and what coder want to achieve (or can get done in given time).

netherless podbot is very good bot in the stage as it is now

Last edited by [NvT]_KaszpiR_; 25-04-2005 at 23:10..

Re: podbot notices.
Old
  (#2)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: podbot notices. - 26-04-2005

1 and 2 are related. It's the handling of the dangerous waypoints which is problematic.

3: indeed. These bots hear footsteps and several types of noises, but they don't hear gunshots. If I remember well. Actually, not many bots do

4: waypoint problem. Also, the bots will naturally use the same route (shortest) as long as it proves safe for them. Kill them on that spot, and they won't take the same route again.

5: very good point

6: unstuck routines could be made to act even when bots are "picking up" an item, and random strafing could be part of that strategy.

7: this can be done either by recording where humans throw their nades, but the best method would be using a ray caster and checking for peaks in the derivative of the graph (like what I showed aspirin & stefan in Amsterdam)

8: a simple CVAR can be set to disable shield buying...

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#3)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: podbot notices. - 26-04-2005

This 8 is corresponding also to other weapon restrictions - for example at some server the people decide to don't use AWP. For this moment is impossible (during the game) restrict any weapon, because bot's buying system work regardless of metamod and other plugins (including AMX). It should be written a table of cvars for all possible weapons - to block (or not) them (default - not restricted) - for this it would be very easy to write any plugin for AMX (or AMX X) to restrict/unrestrict the same weapons they are restricted/available for human-players.

But the biggest problem is - who will implement all these ideas into code? sPlOrYgOn is currently much busy (school and real life), he was trying to sort code (because one part of results is overwritten by another part of code), but for this moment current code is almost unusable (and he still doesn't have time to sort it).

Last edited by KWo; 26-04-2005 at 11:52..

Old
  (#4)
Whistler
Summoner

Default Re: podbot notices. - 27-04-2005

you can modify the botweapons.cfg to disable buying specific weapons.

Old
  (#5)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo
For this moment is impossible (during the game) restrict any weapon
I meant if someone (admin) decides to restrict the weapon during the game (the weapon before has been available).

Old
  (#6)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

1 - Let me figure out a better way of choosing where to aim while running from an enemy
2 - Well when the bots are just walking around they'll look at dangerous spots.. but dangerous spots can only be denoted by waypoints and sometimes the waypoint isn't at a good place to make the bot look like it's looking around.
3 - Well POD-Bots do hear "gunshots", but it's actually simulating sound coming from the position of some player running the +attack command, so they also hear you "firing" a nade if you hold it in your hand. They can't seem to listen to gunshots from a distance though..
4 - I guess what PMB said sounds good..9_9
5 - Yea, I've noticed this one too.. I've caused them to have extremely high danger values in almost all but one route to a bombsite and that route is very very long. they run up next to the bombsite but don't go to it and run all the way around to get on to the long route and try to defuse but obviously never make it even if all the T's are dead.
6 - What you said was kind of confusing.. well from what I can interpret. POD-Bots picking up things and defusing a bomb are the same. POD-Bots "pick-up" a planted bomb. They want to get on top of it, but another reason is they don't "see" it sometimes.. if the bomb is a little more than halfway into the box sometimes the traceline will keep hitting the box instead of the bomb and the bots are running around in circles looking for the bomb when it is in plain site.
7 - Sounds like a lot of math thats not in my brains
8 - Yea.. what they said.. it can be disabled in botweapons.cfg

Old
  (#7)
[NvT]_KaszpiR_

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo
This 8 is corresponding also to other weapon restrictions - for example at some server the people decide to don't use AWP. For this moment is impossible (during the game) restrict any weapon, because bot's buying system work regardless of metamod and other plugins (including AMX).
well that's interesting
i use knife_arena and at least bots are forced to switch to knife (as normal players aswell)

.1:
i noticed that the agressive bots are looking around more often

6. exackly as you described
7. PMB likes the words that noone understands
but thats true, its pure vertor math

Old
  (#8)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NvT]_KaszpiR_
well that's interesting
i use knife_arena and at least bots are forced to switch to knife (as normal players aswell)
One thing is force bots to use some weapon (put it in their hand) - this is really working (I've been testing he_arena - nice Johnny Got His Gun's plugin ), but another thing is prevent bots to buy some weapon You disabled to buy for human-players (restrictions in buying weapon system) - this doesn't work for bots since bots are mm plugins.

Old
  (#9)
[NvT]_KaszpiR_

there can be option to check if bot has a weapon and then buty him, drop weapon and unbury, and restore cash (all fo this after buytime of bots)

Old
  (#10)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

And what weapon would You like to give him instead this droped one?
I guess You don't want Your bot will leave the buy zone without any weapon...