.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Re: Caha_tavern_b2 waypoints
Old
  (#31)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: Caha_tavern_b2 waypoints - 09-06-2007

i had assumed you were using existing cvars. didn't know you could define your own.

Old
  (#32)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Caha_tavern_b2 waypoints - 10-06-2007

? ?? Like the user cvars used in make map rotation cfgs? I think you're drinking decaf...

OK version 0.10 is showing good balance but this map seems very sensitive. 3 small changes later and its balance seems off again. Well I'll play with them a bit and see. What impressed me with 0.10 was the wide range of outcomes from the axis not blowing gen A to winning in less than 9 minutes. Of course this is a map that the human player can dominate by the right strategy. One thing that would be a nice addition to Fritzbot would be the planned grenade action. Not just for removing barriers either. This map would be better if the bots knew to throw some grenades into the temple before going in to steal the list.

Old
  (#33)
TomTom

CrapShoot: I tried your alt-roam so they would fight idea in the temple but have observed a problem I guess either due to the routes or the node_flags. I had noticed that the bots entering the temple did not fight much until they picked up the book. So I added an alt roam on the node preceding the node for the steal action. Now that node is flagged for walk. And there are 2 single action single path-action routes placed on 2 of the 3 altroams used to direct the axis to the roof. What seems to be the case is sometimes a bot follows the route to the alt-roam and then stops as if they chose a different action that was no longer available. They Zombie! and prevent other bots getting to the book. Now the steal action is always active so that should not be the problem. I guess I will have to move the alt-roam out of the temple, which defeats the purpose so I might just kill the routes.

Overall the temple has been a constant pain. If I place the steal action on top of the box the bots jumping down often land on the broken box and often clip the door, if I place the action at floor level sometimes the bot does not trap the book then I guess times-out and walks out of the temple to pursue some other action. And if they time out around the door they don't chose the node I want them to (nearest) and that slows them down. I think I am going to have to fake brush a little to smooth out things on the broken box...

Last edited by TomTom; 10-06-2007 at 20:48..

Old
  (#34)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

setting a temporary variable in a config file is different than setting cvars in a map script I think....

the zombie issue might be the same as I get on baserace. i haven't been able to figure it out..or reproduce on a consistent basis...maybe try adding the alt_roam to a node that doesn't have a node_flag

Old
  (#35)
TomTom

I do set up some of the user cvars on the command line of my shortcut that runs the map. That way I can give them their default settings. Those that I don't set up seem to be zero if tested (still undefined until set or incremented), and when incremented take their first value (1) as default.

Old
  (#36)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

ahh, that makes sense. back to caffeinated for me :p

Old
  (#37)
=AIM=
Artificial Inteligence Machine

Default Re: Caha_tavern_b2 waypoints - 11-06-2007

Thanks for all your hard work, getting the waypoints just right, Tom Tom earlier on this thread you mentioned your web site getting less hits, I would spend alot more time there checking for updates if the wallpaper didn't kill my eyes so much. Don't wanna be critical but just be able to have a clearer read.

I'm gonna test Caha 0.10 now, great stuff.....

Update, just tested a few times. I was an Axis eng ran straight to top after co opened the way, planted dyno on top of gen, only once an allied soldier stopped me, got doc's ran all the way back down, no opposition as their still fighting over flags. took 30 secs to blow basement wall and still had 16.42 mins left.

My point is, is there a way to disable blowing the generator until all flags are captured first.
Stop dyno from being planted on top of gen. (Like guns in Oasis)
Land mine protection (Not sure if possible near Generator)
More defense on stairs. (If dyno planted on Gen. leave flags to defend objective)

Any of these would help to give a better ratio to Allies.

Last edited by =AIM=; 11-06-2007 at 14:54..

Old
  (#38)
TomTom

Default Re: Caha_tavern_b2 waypoints - 12-06-2007

Thanks for the feedback. Yes the map suffers (for bots) from too many high priority actions being available at the same time. Because there is almost always a high priority action I did not waypoint any camps for the attacking team (just roams), while for the defending team there are lots of camps to chose from if they are not pursuing flags or other objective actions.

Delaying the Gen A dynamite is an interesting idea I'll try some experiments and see what I can script..

Yes I can add a fake brush on top of gen A so you can't jump on top of it.

The mapper disabled landmines in the whole map and I don't think I can do anything about that.

It does not look possible to use the dynamite planted event on the generator to turn off other objectives. Chruker's site says the dynamite event can only be used on constructables. But there is a counting command I will experiment with anyway and see.

Thanks for all your ideas.
- - -
Update for the waypointers:
In testing it looks like the dynamited event does work with non-func_constructable connected TOIs. However the defused event does not work as Chruker stated. Also the accum <n> set_to_dynamitecount <toi> seems problematic. It did not count the dynamite I laid from inside the dynamited event and in other script blocks if the dynamite has blown and removed the toi then it stops ET saying it could not find the toi. Conclusion it should be possible to communicate the dynamited event on non-constructables through fake_tois to the aiscript but knowing when to reset is the problem. I guess a

Code:

wait 30 
   if_action_false N 
      activate stuff...
might be possible but not optimal.

Last edited by TomTom; 12-06-2007 at 09:06..

Old
  (#39)
TomTom

Default Re: Caha_tavern_b2 waypoints - 13-06-2007

=Aim= :

(1) My idea for disabling the gen A dynamite action is to create an CONTENTS_PLAYERCLIP fake_brush box around the generator with a trigger_hurt to simulate an invisible electric force field/fence (it is a tall box and I have not yet figured how to surface the box without using a model.) CONTENTS_PLAYERCLIP type boxes do not impede weapons fire so you can shot through them. This field would be removed after the axis blow the gen B and hold the 4th floor flag for 30 seconds.

I need some suggestions for a map to steal a sound from (barb wire sound seems wrong). I tried the airassault_fp1 (air ship) electrocution sound but it does not loop well.

(2) As to placing an invisible box above the generator to prevent laying dyno on top, I would have to use something like CONTENTS_NODROP, CONTENTS_SOLID to prevent the dynamite being thrown on top and enabled from below/ Now that type of box means everything would bounce off (bullets, grenades...). and the bots would likely try to shoot through it. So I think rather than prevent jumping on the generator I will test out the bots ability to disarm and add waypoints as needed.

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Old
  (#40)
=AIM=
Artificial Inteligence Machine

Default Re: Caha_tavern_b2 waypoints - 13-06-2007

Wow, nice work, I will keep my ear's tuned for the sound, Can the electrocution sound be altered for a good loop? I could have a go for you could you zip it and post it, if so.
These bots are good jumpers, so that would be cool if they could de-fuse on top and behind. If you would like some testing done on your waypoints, just let me know, I'd be happy to help.