.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Cortex_who and Goldrush-GA waypoints request
Old
  (#1)
Frost

Warning Cortex_who and Goldrush-GA waypoints request - 20-10-2014

Hi all , can someone make waypoints for Cortex_who and Goldrush-GA?

Cheers

Re: Cortex_who and Goldrush-GA waypoints request
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Thumbs up Re: Cortex_who and Goldrush-GA waypoints request - 06-11-2014

Took a look at both maps.
Goldrush-ga looks do-able, should be able to start from Crapshoot's goldrush waypoints or from goldrush-eu. With 2 elevators I think the second one need not be supported. The elevator in will take the most time to do, since I don't want bots choosing it by default, better that they use the old regular way in except when routed to the elevator. So I'll take this one on for November. :yes:

Cortex_who: Wow I loved the Padman and other giant maps in the days of Quake too. But on reviewing the issues in the map, the lack of available tois for scripting, the problem going upstairs, the likelihood of very low yield on any high position/paths, the very open nature and the way Fritzbots fight, the difficulty passing the mouse doors and I come to one conclusion. Waypointing it would take a huge amount of yield testing on every vertical and other paths and even if I suppressed botsight distance to a very short sighted bot the final result would not even get to mediocre. Alas this excellent bit of mapping just does not warrant spending the 2 months it would take to get to first base in waypointing.

So when I have some playable waypoints for goldrush-ga I'll reply here again.

Re: Cortex_who and Goldrush-GA waypoints request
Old
  (#3)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Post Re: Cortex_who and Goldrush-GA waypoints request - 10-11-2014

Status: Goldrush-Ga Waypoints are now under test and tweaking phase. Anybody wanting to help test can send me a PM with an email address to send waypoints to.

FYI Playable WIP testing
Team Balance tests:
Unattented tests: of 39 games with 8 on 8 bot only teams
Allies blow the bank doors 22 times but only get both gold crates onto the truck 5 times and win the match only 3 times.

Changes to the map script to make it bot friendly
RayBan and SD combined have used about 90% of max entities so I have been careful to limit how bot support of new areas is implemented
w/ just 6 more entities used than previous goldrush waypoints, Fritzbots can use the 2 elevators in the up direction only, so elevators are modified to return to the lobby each time they are used by anybody.
Supporting the inside script_mover doors would need more entities, so instead the upstairs doors open automatically a few seconds after a human closes them. Likewise the shutters on the mg nest pointing at tank barrier 1 cannot be entirely closed. The 2 other sets of shutters are fixed in the open position. The inside double doors near the gold have been replaced by sliding func_doors that bots know how to use. The func_invisible_users used to hide door hints are removed since they interfered with the bots operating the doors.

All new GA areas and ledges are pathed but FritzBot usage of new areas will be light. Current waypoints already use 245 out of 255 max action nodes so new areas will get new actions added sparingly.

Waypoints should be run on 0.70c patched FritzBot ET server or listen host. Map file supported is dated 23/07/2006 internally.

So far no dreaded max entity nor max com hunk messages but current testing is via /devmap Goldrush-Ga not the more formal /map Goldrush-Ga